Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Thanks OV.

I've added him @ 22's in the without market.
    That WAS 16s, now he's been confirmed its 22/1?

I'll be adding that as well.

Comment

• Any love for st calvados in this....I dont think he likes getting taken on for the lead and if UDS goes Ryan air I can’t see another front runner. Hopefully he’ll be able to pop away in front and get into a nice rhythm, 14/1 without Altior?

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
        Any love for st calvados in this....I dont think he likes getting taken on for the lead and if UDS goes Ryan air I can’t see another front runner. Hopefully he’ll be able to pop away in front and get into a nice rhythm, 14/1 without Altior?
        I wouldn't be too excited about him and I'm quite a big fan of his.

He'd need worse than goodf to soft, but when he beat Footpad, Tycoon Prince is only 4.5L back and he's been thrashed 32L by Cadmium since...

He's got no realistic chance against Min or Footpad either

I do like him, but no?

Comment

• Min at 5/6 is the best short price of the festival for me. As much as I love Altior, Min at 5/1 ew 1/4 odds is also too big, given Altior did show a slight chink in his jumping lto.

I fully expect Altior to win but Min is a different level to the rest and will finish a good second to Altior. Should Altior slip up, Min will be winning this.

5 pts Min 5/6 w/o
          2.5pts ew Min 5/1ew

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            That WAS 16s, now he's been confirmed its 22/1?

I'll be adding that as well.
            22's in the w/out market when PP/Betfair plus others are as short as 25/1 in the market with Altior

Comment

• NRNB I hope FM

Comment

• Tricast Altior Min HK

Comment

NRNB I hope FM
                  Absolutely.

He's a complete bet to nothing and perfect for each way multiples.

Comment

• Gutted that Footpad isn't coming here. Think Mullins and co are making s big mistake sending him to the Ryanair. On the expected Soft ground he would have been the only threat to Altior. His chances in the Ryanair are limited IMHO.

Comment

• I think Min is a far better horse than Footpad! I think Min is the second best 2 mile chaser in training. Could Footpad be the worst favourite of the week in the Ryanair if Mondale, Road to Respect and Frodon line up? Could be talking utter shite because that title could be Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
                        I think Min is a far better horse than Footpad! I think Min is the second best 2 mile chaser in training. Could Footpad be the worst favourite of the week in the Ryanair if Mondale, Road to Respect and Frodon line up? Could be talking utter shite because that title could be Champs
                        Totally agree re Champ, he won't get home. Same applies to OK Corall in 4 miler and Sir Erec in Triumph. The worst fav tag though will belong to Angels Breath in the Supreme......how anyone can back that donkey I do not know. Bookies must be laughing at punters

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          Totally agree re Champ, he won't get home. Same applies to OK Corall in 4 miler and Sir Erec in Triumph. The worst fav tag though will belong to Angels Breath in the Supreme......how anyone can back that donkey I do not know. Bookies must be laughing at punters
                          I have a few points to make about your post:
                          1) Champ won’t get home? He pulled his way through both starts this season and finished better than anything. He may be all about stamina to be able to pull like that and still win both races - including a grade 1 (albeit a weak Challow Hurdle).

2) Ok Corral is an interesting angle I’ve seen from a few people. Look back at his run in the Albert Bartlett last season in a quickly run race. OK Corral finishes fast and looks like he will relish a stamina test. The only reason people are doubting him staying, despite all evidence, is because he looked so good and showed gears at Warwick.

3) Sir Erec I think is beaten by Pic D’Orhy. I also think SE had a slow pace both times this season and, particularly last time out, was able to use his turn of foot from his flat racing days, to kick away from them. Can he do that off a fast pace with a stiff Cheltenham hill to climb? I don’t know. But at odds on I’d rather look elsewhere than he.

4) Angels Breath is a donkey? Don’t be stupid. That’s frankly an idiotic comment to make. He won his point to point. He was then massively hyped and thrown into a Grade 2 on his debut at Ascot. Yes there was only four flights jumped but he drew away from a good field and was backed that day like a bit of a monster. He looked like a very good horse. He then had his flu jab and finished a running on second on a flat track in track record time. On just his second start under rules. The stiff hill and the soft ground will suit him. You may not think he’s a value favourite (he’s second favourite atm anyway) but he isn’t a donkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                            I have a few points to make about your post:
                            1) Champ won’t get home? He pulled his way through both starts this season and finished better than anything. He may be all about stamina to be able to pull like that and still win both races - including a grade 1 (albeit a weak Challow Hurdle).

2) Ok Corral is an interesting angle I’ve seen from a few people. Look back at his run in the Albert Bartlett last season in a quickly run race. OK Corral finishes fast and looks like he will relish a stamina test. The only reason people are doubting him staying, despite all evidence, is because he looked so good and showed gears at Warwick.

3) Sir Erec I think is beaten by Pic D’Orhy. I also think SE had a slow pace both times this season and, particularly last time out, was able to use his turn of foot from his flat racing days, to kick away from them. Can he do that off a fast pace with a stiff Cheltenham hill to climb? I don’t know. But at odds on I’d rather look elsewhere than he.

4) Angels Breath is a donkey? Don’t be stupid. That’s frankly an idiotic comment to make. He won his point to point. He was then massively hyped and thrown into a Grade 2 on his debut at Ascot. Yes there was only four flights jumped but he drew away from a good field and was backed that day like a bit of a monster. He looked like a very good horse. He then had his flu jab and finished a running on second on a flat track in track record time. On just his second start under rules. The stiff hill and the soft ground will suit him. You may not think he’s a value favourite (he’s second favourite atm anyway) but he isn’t a donkey.
                            I respect your views and you put them across very well but I'm not one to hold back on what I think and I'll stick to my guns and I'll back against all of the above. BoD v Champ, Ballyward v Ok C, KD and AD v Angels and PIC v Erec. If we all thought the same this game would be boring. Good luck next week....we'll all need it !!

Comment

• Champion Chase – Altior, Castlegrace Paddy, God's Own, Hell's Kitchen, Min, Ordinary World, Politologue, Saint Calvados, Sceau Royal.

Comment

Champion Chase – Altior, Castlegrace Paddy, God's Own, Hell's Kitchen, Min, Ordinary World, Politologue, Saint Calvados, Sceau Royal.
                                Min in the right race, can't be afraid of one horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X