Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    Are we concerned by the market drift on CE?
    He's been off for a year, he's against race fit rivals with quality form, on his chase debut. Not sure what price you'd expect him to be for his opener, but he's short enough.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      He's been off for a year, he's against race fit rivals with quality form, on his chase debut. Not sure what price you'd expect him to be for his opener, but he's short enough.
      I think he is too short for today, even if he wins. He's had plenty of time off and some of Willie's have seemed to need a run too.

He should be expected to win against today's rivals if looking at being the Arkle hope for the yard, but 6/4 about a guess on race fitness, I think I am happy to leave that.

Comment

Arctic fire is still a150 hurdler . Duc des genievres has a good run on the board and good back form . Both come in with race fitness on side.

When you have an irish summer horse like ornua bang in contention with dynamite dollars. It's hardly something to worry about. Duc des genievres / arctic fire are better horses than ornua.

Pingshou has bombed.
        Diakili has bombed
        Highway one o one has bombed

Cubamania and rashaan have been either side of ornua.
        And they've both bombed too.

Pretty telling the bench mark of the English. Hangs by a thread.

The markets been waiting for the real fav.
        Pingshou hasn't taken to fences. Wasn't far behind CE over hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          Pingshou hasn't taken to fences. Wasn't far behind CE over hurdles.
          Pingshou is gone at the game. Your also talking novice form where cilaos emery has gone on to open grade 1 form. Something pingshou ran in last time at a lower level, and also bombed.

You've also said numerous times that cilaos emery is too slow for this
          Last edited by Scooby91; 24 January 2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• He was outpaced and stayed on in that race. I also said I'm on a 84/1 rolling double with French Made so I'm all aboard now. As you say the English form isn't great with Lalor 5/1 fav.

Also backed him any race if he does step up.
            Last edited by boopa; 24 January 2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• My view on Cilaos Emery is, he will be best making all like he attempted to in the Supreme. He jumped untidy then and actually did well to finish 5th.

If Ruby does pop him out in front, there will be no hiding place. Wouldn't fancy him for a bet today- Ruby choosing him made him open short. I expected a drift with the others having a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                My view on Cilaos Emery is, he will be best making all like he attempted to in the Supreme. He jumped untidy then and actually did well to finish 5th.

If Ruby does pop him out in front, there will be no hiding place. Wouldn't fancy him for a bet today- Ruby choosing him made him open short. I expected a drift with the others having a run.
                I agree regarding tactics, make use of the best horse in the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                  My view on Cilaos Emery is, he will be best making all like he attempted to in the Supreme. He jumped untidy then and actually did well to finish 5th.

He lost a shoe and had a nasty cut in the supreme. If you searched it you'd be able to find quotes.

14 Mar 2017 · The Veterinary Officer reported that CILAOS EMERY (FR), placed fifth, trained by W.P. Mullins, lost its right hind shoe
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 24 January 2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• We have two in the 2 mile beginners chase. Cilaos Emery (Ruby) is making his chasing debut but jumps well at home. He will love this trip and ground. Duc Des Genievres (Paul) has good form and the benefit of a recent run. He has every chance here.

Comment

• My final ride is*Cilaos Emery*in the PMF Beginners Chase.

He was a high-class hurdler and won the Grade One Champion Novice Hurdle at the Punchestown Festival in 2017.

He has not been seen since finishing second in the Ryanair Hurdle behind Mick Jazz in December 2017 and had a bit of a setback after that but is in good form now.

He has schooled really well, and it is the first time we have had soft ground to run him on over two miles.

Willie also runs Dec De Genievres, who was a good novice hurdler last season. He also has a run over fences under his belt so has an experience edge over Cilaos Emery.

I have chosen to ride Cilaos Emery because he had high-class form over hurdles, and he may even be able to improve again going chasing. I reckon he also has the potential to turn into a graded chaser.

Comment

• Something tells me if Cilaos Emery bombs out Scooby might pack up the game

Let’s hope for a good run

Comment

He lost a shoe and had a nasty cut in the supreme. If you searched it you'd be able to find quotes.

14 Mar 2017 · The Veterinary Officer reported that CILAOS EMERY (FR), placed fifth, trained by W.P. Mullins, lost its right hind shoe
                          I know- that's partly why he did well to finish 5th- i don't bother typing out the RP analysis everytime, just summarise with him doing well to finish 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                            Something tells me if Cilaos Emery bombs out Scooby might pack up the game

Let’s hope for a good run
                            On the back of one horse not winning. I'd quit my whole career.

Have to have far more patience in this game.

Comment

• We'll see if we can all act as adults on this thread in particular today ... whichever way it goes.

Let's remember why we're here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                We'll see if we can all act as adults on this thread in particular today ... whichever way it goes.

Let's remember why we're here.
                                It's a big day for plenty of forumites so let's be respectful. Kev has the power to issue bans, if needed, so no fisty cuffs!

Comment

Working...
                                X