Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    I won’t make excuses for Kalashnikov today and go along with the general view that last years Supreme form looks horrific, but I was at Sandown today and after heavy rain last week and a couple of very warm dry days the ground was like glue.
    Around the parade ring I overheard several trainers and pilots comment on it so it could explain a few poor performances, Kalashnikov (and others) could bounce back...
    I think the ground was fine for Kalashnikov. He's just nowhere near quick enough for this and his jumping is just too chancy whatever the trip. The Irish form is head and shoulders above the British. An almighty smash up between Le Rich and Cilaos with he who jumps best coming out on top. Race of the Festival I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      I won’t make excuses for Kalashnikov today and go along with the general view that last years Supreme form looks horrific, but I was at Sandown today and after heavy rain last week and a couple of very warm dry days the ground was like glue.
      Around the parade ring I overheard several trainers and pilots comment on it so it could explain a few poor performances, Kalashnikov (and others) could bounce back...
      Last year's supreme is looking like the poorest I can remember. The Albert Bartlett could end up the best novice hurdle race of last year's festival, and I never thought I'd say that!

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
        I think the ground was fine for Kalashnikov. He's just nowhere near quick enough for this and his jumping is just too chancy whatever the trip. The Irish form is head and shoulders above the British. An almighty smash up between Le Rich and Cilaos with he who jumps best coming out on top. Race of the Festival I reckon.
        I'm guessing the race of the festival comment is tongue in cheek Delsie. It could be the result of the festival for this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I'm guessing the race of the festival comment is tongue in cheek Delsie. It could be the result of the festival for this forum.
          Like many, even a dead heat would be ok! Seriously - these two are surely in a different class in this and if they jump well it could be a right dust up

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
            Like many, even a dead heat would be ok! Seriously - these two are surely in a different class in this and if they jump well it could be a right dust up
            Yeah, they look like standouts in an average renewal.

I don't have the fancy prices on Le Richebourg but would slightly favour him over CE at the moment, purely because of the experience he has gained over fences and how well he has taken to fences.

CE would have me free-rolling for the rest of the festival though

Comment

• Right, while I work out Ascot... someone explain to me who this Glen Forsa character is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Right, while I work out Ascot... someone explain to me who this Glen Forsa character is?
                He's the JLT winner

Comment

• If the Irish form is as good as we now think it is, is Us And Them at 33/1 each way, who is clearly held by Le Richebourg, a decent bet?

It's a bit unfortunate for him that he's around in the same season as Le Richebourg - he's been second to him in a couple of Grade 1s. He's still a young horse who is improving all the time and he's a superb jumper which is probably his main asset. He'll head across for the Arkle now as I'd say he might be a bit high in the weights for a handicap.
                  I know others have mentioned him, I expected him to be a bit shorter I suppose.

Comment

If the Irish form is as good as we now think it is, is Us And Them at 33/1 each way, who is clearly held by Le Richebourg, a decent bet?

I might be the only one who thinks it. .. But I don't think the le richebourg form is that good..

I think us and them would have got a sound beating by Glen forsa in that race today.

And iv backed le richebourg at 22s. So it's deffinately not a bias opinion.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I agree Scooby.

LR is the solid one, but he's beaten the same horses, and they aren't of a great level.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        I agree Scooby.

LR is the solid one, but he's beaten the same horses, and they aren't of a great level.
                        The problem is ( Exc cilaos emery who hasnt had his chance yet) .
                        I think they're all shit.... le richebourg is just the best of a bad bunch, i think they'd all get absolutely hammered in open grade 1 class next year by the likes of min and Altior.

If cilaos emery lines up on the day, I'd be dissapointed if he can't win this. He's the only hope in my mind of something decent coming out of the arkle.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          I might be the only one who thinks it. .. But I don't think the le richebourg form is that good..

I think us and them would have got a sound beating by Glen forsa in that race today.

And iv backed le richebourg at 22s. So it's deffinately not a bias opinion.
                          Can't rule that out.

No form line between the two that I can see.

One's 33/1 and the other now 7/1 though - but in fairness Ill take a proper look after the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            Exactly this. Have a 20/1 JLT bet which I had written off but might at least get a run for the money now.
                            Same as that Mayo .

Comment

If the Irish form is as good as we now think it is, is Us And Them at 33/1 each way, who is clearly held by Le Richebourg, a decent bet?

Was looking at Us and them today and thinking the same Kev , Going to chuck him in a multi tomorrow.

Comment

• Hardline beat him 10L.

Comment

Working...
                                X