Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t see any decent opposition at the moment but accept the Irish have won the JLT 7 out of the past 8 runnings () but nothing stands out at present. Camelia De Cotte has yet to take on any Male competition, Hardline was poor on the weekend and the rest have mixed form unlike the British horses that have been setting a decent standard. I accept you all know a lot more than me when it comes to horse racing and I’m probably out my depth here with my points but DDS is definitely good enough to win this like Lalor is definitely good enough to win the Arkle.
    Also this thread is the RSA one so my opinions have drifted too far in to the wrong thread!!

Comment

• I can see your point.

The best mid range Irish firm has Le Richbourg and Delta work 1-2, and they're going Arkle and RSA!

Are "we" expecting an Irish horse to win based on form or history?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        I really DDS has turned a corner after his Sandown win and will win the JLT, I thought the tactics and ride were spot on by Geraghty. I can’t see LiT getting past him again and all the other decent opponents are defecting to the RSA or other races. Apart from LiT is there currently any one who could turn DDS over?
        No. Them 2 are in a league of there own. And are both considerably over priced imo
        la bague au roi turning up would put it up to them but that seems like it won't be the case.

There's nothing else to worry about.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
          I can’t see any decent opposition at the moment but accept the Irish have won the JLT 7 out of the past 8 runnings () but nothing stands out at present. Camelia De Cotte has yet to take on any Male competition, Hardline was poor on the weekend and the rest have mixed form unlike the British horses that have been setting a decent standard. I accept you all know a lot more than me when it comes to horse racing and I’m probably out my depth here with my points but DDS is definitely good enough to win this like Lalor is definitely good enough to win the Arkle.
          Also this thread is the RSA one so my opinions have drifted too far in to the wrong thread!!
          Camelia has ran against the boys and was soundly beaten she also dosent jump her fences quick enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            No. Them 2 are in a league of there own. And are both considerably over priced imo
            la bague au roi turning up would put it up to them but that seems like it won't be the case.

There's nothing else to worry about.
            Im confused now as to who's talking about the RSA and who's talking JLT. For the record, I really like Real Steel for Willie and Ruby. I think he's an improver and ideal for the JLT. I also think Champagne Classic is a factor if going to the JLT as I don't see him contending against Delta Work, Topofthegame and Santini - and I don't think he's a 4 miler.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
              Im confused now as to who's talking about the RSA and who's talking JLT. For the record, I really like Real Steel for Willie and Ruby. I think he's an improver and ideal for the JLT. I also think Champagne Classic is a factor if going to the JLT as I don't see him contending against Delta Work, Topofthegame and Santini - and I don't think he's a 4 miler.
              Betting says 4 miler / RSA for champagne classic. I expect we'll find out more when he'll be taking on ballyward etc... again in the ten up novices chase. The race where moss back/ (jury duty NR) and Monbeg notorious ran in last year. And is normally a big trial for Gordon and the 4 miler.

And In the JLT lost in translation/ defi are home and hosed imo. I see no competition bar la bague au roi turning up.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 5 February 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Betting says 4 miler / RSA for champagne classic. I expect we'll find out more when he'll be taking on ballyward etc... again in the ten up novices chase. The race where moss back/ (jury duty NR) and Monbeg notorious ran in last year. And is normally a big trial for Gordon and the 4 miler.

And In the JLT lost in translation/ defi are home and hosed imo. I see no competition bar la bague au roi turning up.
                Sure scooby - I take your point but I don't think anything is set in stone at this stage. Truth is, he's not really being backed for anything yet. Just an idea that when they come to sort their options out it could be considered. Just thought that Hardline's run last weekend looked like they didn't have the JLT in mind. I agree 100% that the decs for Ten Up will be informative.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                  Look out... the Irish are coming
                  Who?
                  Can’t see past top 2 in market
                  Virtually a match IMO

Comment

• This needs re-routing back towards the RSA ....

Who is an intended runner at Ascot on the 16th now that TOTG is going straight there?

Santini?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      This needs re-routing back towards the RSA ....

Who is an intended runner at Ascot on the 16th now that TOTG is going straight there?

Santini?
                      The last I heard Santini is an intended runner

Comment

This needs re-routing back towards the RSA ....

Santini?
                        Mr. Whipped & Now McGinty were the others I seen mentioned Kev! B

Comment

• I want to see a pretty good performance from Santini.

He's been my (and loads of peoples) long term RSA fancy, from midway through last season...and we all have some nice prices.

I personally feel Topofthegame has done more, has just as much potential and is offensively priced if it was a straight match between them at Cheltenham.

The assumption he'd reverse the form has been way over played, he might, but he's priced as if TOTG won't be suited to Chelt either and I can't say I agree with that.

I'm going to Ascot on 16th so be good to see Santini regardless! Hope he blows me away!

Comment

• What’s next for On The Blind Side?

I want to stay at a low level with him for the time being. He won well at Kempton but he needs a lot more experience so I wouldn’t expect he’ll go to Cheltenham and instead wait for Aintree.

Comment

I want to see a pretty good performance from Santini.

He's been my (and loads of peoples) long term RSA fancy, from midway through last season...and we all have some nice prices.

I personally feel Topofthegame has done more, has just as much potential and is offensively priced if it was a straight match between them at Cheltenham.

The assumption he'd reverse the form has been way over played, he might, but he's priced as if TOTG won't be suited to Chelt either and I can't say I agree with that.

I'm going to Ascot on 16th so be good to see Santini regardless! Hope he blows me away!
                              Kev atm would just be great to see Ascot on

Comment

I want to see a pretty good performance from Santini.

Im not sure about Santini? always had him down as a bit of a plodder. I think OK Corral and him should swap races. But then I thought PP should have gone in the 4miler last year That said, he'd have won that as well Imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X