Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Paul Keely put up Santini as his ante post Cheltenham bet today on the Racing Post podcast.

Still double figures but this is such an obvious shortener for anyone that likes to beat the book
    Corals still have him 10's any race, although he would of had to of had a shocker of a season, not to end up here.

Comment

I can't see Santini anywhere else but at the same price (if you're having a single) you'd be mental not to take the "any race" price.Yet another example of that market being under-rated!

You can actually have multiples on corals "any race" too...

Comment

I can't see Santini anywhere else but at the same price (if you're having a single) you'd be mental not to take the "any race" price.Yet another example of that market being under-rated!

You can actually have multiples on corals "any race" too...
        This has lured me in, couple of Trixies with Santini in the 'any race' market now.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          This has lured me in, couple of Trixies with Santini in the 'any race' market now.
          Good man.... quiet on the forum for Santini over the last few days.

Has Sean finally won and got everybody on Topofthegame ?

Comment

Good man.... quiet on the forum for Santini over the last few days.

Has Sean finally won and got everybody on Topofthegame ?
            Nope, I'm still loving Santini but the arguments have been made and no new ones as of yet

Comment

Colin Tizzard on Kilbricken Storm

"He is obviously a Cheltenham Festival winner and I would say we would go novice chasing straight away but wouldn’t dismiss the Stayers’ Hurdle straightaway. He has the speed to win over two and he has won over three and I would love to run him in all the big staying novices’ chases."

I posted the below in the 4 miler thread regarding Kilbricken Storm and thought I might be a little bold but the Tizzard stable tour has given me plenty of belief...

I fully expect him to go for the RSA, and (although this might be a little bold) I think if his chasing bubble is burst on route to the RSA they'd go for the Stayers Hurdle before the 4 miler

I think the standout 33/1 with PP and Betunfair is generous still... he'd be one of a very small number of Cheltenham winners in the race... which can't be under-estimated

Comment

Not the boldest Paul Nicholls quote I've ever seen here to Topofthegame

"He will be novice chasing in about six weeks’ time. He is a nice horse and he should make a smart staying novice."

Bit disappointed by that...

Comment

Not the boldest Paul Nicholls quote I've ever seen here to Topofthegame

"He will be novice chasing in about six weeks’ time. He is a nice horse and he should make a smart staying novice."

Bit disappointed by that...
                  I felt the same. He seems to love Danny Kirwan though.

Comment

I thought he played down Danny Kirwan aswell personally. Probably trying to keep a lid two of his more exciting prospects for the time being. No sense hyping expectations this early in the season...
                    Last edited by SeanRock; 16 October 2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                      I felt the same. He seems to love Danny Kirwan though.
                      Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      I thought he played down Danny Kirwan aswell personally. Probably trying to keep a lid two of his more exciting prospects for the time being. No sense hyping expectations this early in the season...
                      "He will go novice hurdling next month. He is a nice horse but is really a big chasing horse who will want a bit of time."

Agree with you Sean, that is also not a strong comment.

To be fair, trainer comments are low down the pecking order in terms of gambling on horses in my opinion....... it is just all we have tonight

Comment

"He will go novice hurdling next month. He is a nice horse but is really a big chasing horse who will want a bit of time."

Agree with you Sean, that is also not a strong comment.

To be fair, trainer comments are low down the pecking order in terms of gambling on horses in my opinion....... it is just all we have tonight
                        These were his words on Topofthegame a fortnight ago!

The tallest horse I've ever trained and has the talent to go with his size, though I've taken my time with him. The plan was to go chasing with him last winter until he was held up for a month after he was unlucky to come down at the tricky cross fence at Newbury. He then bounced back in style by winning a valuable Handicap Hurdle at Sandown before running a massive race to be second in the Coral Cup at the Festival. I can't wait to see this high-class giant of a horse back over fences again.

I’m sure like most trainers he’s sick of these pre season press requirements having to repeat the same old lines over & over again. I know I would be! Let the racing do the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          These were his words on Topofthegame a fortnight ago!

The tallest horse I've ever trained and has the talent to go with his size, though I've taken my time with him. The plan was to go chasing with him last winter until he was held up for a month after he was unlucky to come down at the tricky cross fence at Newbury. He then bounced back in style by winning a valuable Handicap Hurdle at Sandown before running a massive race to be second in the Coral Cup at the Festival. I can't wait to see this high-class giant of a horse back over fences again.

I’m sure like most trainers he’s sick of these pre season press requirements having to repeat the same old lines over & over again. I know I would be! Let the racing do the talking.
                          Totally agree with that Seanrock

Comment

Santini to win both the 2019 RSA Chase and 2020 Gold Cup
                            50/1

Comment

Santini to win both the 2019 RSA Chase and 2020 Gold Cup
                              50/1

who is this with Kev? Could be worth a couple of points. Really like him for RSA this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                who is this with Kev? Could be worth a couple of points. Really like him for RSA this year.
                                Just put your two points on him now for the RSA at best price. If he wins put it all on for the Gold Cup next season. You'll get closer to 100/1 ( if he wins the RSA).

Comment

Working...
                                X