Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Might not have been done with in the RSA I feel.
    Hahahahaha

To be fair Kelly fucked up his prep this year - it's one all

Comment

• Fair play Scooby, superb pick again!

Comment

• Won that really well...

I bet Willie didn't think it was his day after the first circuit

Comment

• Hell of an engine considering he was still far from fluent at many fences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Might not have been done with in the RSA I feel.
            Well done Scooby!! Been following you on this one for some time. His engine is so immense he doesn’t even need to jump that well

Comment

• I wish I'd just followed Paul Kealy in the Racing Post Cheltenham guide Kemboy & Al boum photo to win and others to consider Bristol De Mai & Anibale Fly...Shame I picked Kemboy out of that lot!

Comment

• Anyone reckon Frodon would have won the Gold Cup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Shelby View Post
                  Anyone reckon Frodon would have won the Gold Cup?
                  No?

Based on what? Beating Aso in the Ryanair? Or Elegant Escape in the Cotswold Chase?

No chance Frodon would have won.... the winner was impressive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    No?

Based on what? Beating Aso in the Ryanair? Or Elegant Escape in the Cotswold Chase?

No chance Frodon would have won.... the winner was impressive?
                    I just think he might have been harder on the gas.

Agreed, the winner had an extra gear.

Comment

• Presenting Certainty found to be lame after the race

Comment

• Congrats Scooby & fellow Al Boum backers. He done it very well. He had the perfect profile for the race and I’m disappointed I failed to look past his RSA run last year (maybe wasn’t such a tired fall after all).

Comment

• My early impression would suggest it was just too much effort in the ground for ABP last year, whereas PP relished it. On perfectly fair good to soft ground today he held much less an advantage over ABP. No doubt the prep hasn't helped.

I'd say Al Boum was a classy winner of this race but looked to my eye to be reaching the end of the tank with the battle hardened AF closing him down at the line.

Very glad to see Mullins to get his hands on this after so many seconds and such a poor week by his standards

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                            Presenting Certainty found to be lame after the race
                            What is the for?

If you believe Presenting Percy was beaten on purely merit today, and that he ran to form, good luck to you in all your future endeavours, as you need it, because you are clueless.

Then again, I've just seen you doubting Racing Post and Sporting Life correctly showed Chacun Pour Soi's last run.... so .....
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 March 2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Shame for archie and backers on Kemboy too. Unsatisfactory to not get to see what he can do, although ultimately much better off than Graham Wylie.

Tough game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                What is the for?

If you believe Presenting Percy was beaten on purely merit today, and that he ran to form, good luck to you in all your future endeavours, as you need it, because you are clueless.

Then again, I've just seen you doubting Racing Post and Sporting Life correctly showed Chacun Pour Soi's last run.... so .....
                                That wasn’t the real Percy today. Davy was forced into a Lord Windamere esque ride with his sketchy jumping and obvious lack of proper race practice!

Echo the sympathies to Archie!

Comment

Working...
                                X