Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    Snippet from Nicky Henderson in today’s Racing Post on his string “Thank god Daphne Du Clos is back. She was very good in her bumpers and I thought she’d be one for the Champion Bumper, but she got a leg. She’s had a good year off and she jumps beautifully. She could be rather useful, while I’m absolutely mad about Lust For Glory”

Maybe Willie won’t have all the aces this year for a change.
    Excited to see Daphne Du Clos

Comment

Heeded your warning CoD about Salsaretta. WH are by far a standout price at 33s, and with their final few scratchcard I’m hoping for a couple of bet and gets with which I’ll use on her, starting today. Should hopefully get 1 or 2U on by the end of the month.

In a place now with Chante Neige where I’ve built up around 4U on her at 10/1 and 12/1 so very much set with her.

Comment

How "freaky" is this.... today I also placed £10 free bet on Salsaretta at 33/1....

Exactly 1 year ago to the day ... 25th Sept 17, I placed a £10 free bet on Salsaretta for the same race at 20/1

Completely agree with CoD's Let's Dance comparison. I didn't like Let's Dance until it was blindly obvious she was the number 1 for it... at 33/1 I will take the chance again.

She'll need to show plenty of improvement and use her experience gained last year but 33/1 is a big enough price to go along with

Comment

I too have grown to like salssaretta, I think the experience gained over the last year should help. Hopefully the improvement will keep coming as she needs it

Comment

The price makes her a no brainer really.

Comment

She may turn out to not be a Let's Dance style project, but the price difference in comparison to a horse hardly any of us have seen jump a hurdle (some may have watched her French performance) in Chante Neige seemed rather too big to be ignored.

FWIW I have also backed Daphne Du Clos ('Any Race'), and the aforementioned Chante Neige, purely on the 'word' about her, but I'd like to think I will have the bases covered for this race on the day with them 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                She may turn out to not be a Let's Dance style project, but the price difference in comparison to a horse hardly any of us have seen jump a hurdle (some may have watched her French performance) in Chante Neige seemed rather too big to be ignored.

FWIW I have also backed Daphne Du Clos ('Any Race'), and the aforementioned Chante Neige, purely on the 'word' about her, but I'd like to think I will have the bases covered for this race on the day with them 3.
                Salsaretta needs further id have thought, may even end up a bartlett type if she improves for the step up in trip.

Chante neige with the stormy ireland form, coming from maccaire. And tenderly ridden. Like so many before her, laurina/ vautour ......... annamix......
                She should have been bigger when the price opened up but she was added far too early after laurina winning etc..... And people are too keen to be on the ball. 12/1 is what it is, i was pretty annoyed when I saw her at that price But, when people ask and take it that's the price she is
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Salsaretta needs further id have thought, may even end up a bartlett type if she improves for the step up in trip.

Chante neige with the stormy ireland form, coming from maccaire. And tenderly ridden. Like so many before her, laurina/ vautour ......... annamix......
                  She should have been bigger when the price opened up but she was added far too early after laurina winning etc..... And people are too keen to be on the ball. 12/1 is what it is,
                  Just re-watched Chante Neige's performance in France, I can't say as I was too struck by it, and compared with Stormy Ireland in the race she had a nice cosy run through all bar the final couple of hurdles where the eventual winner hung right across her, Stormy Ireland on the other hand was switched about 4 times during running from inside to outside and finished 5 lengths ahead of Chante Neige on that occasion, and whilst she has won twice for Mullins & co. so far I do think that form is a way off top level.

The above said, I do think the extra year for Chante Neige will have done her the world of good and she may improve to be good enough to win it, but she also looked like a chaser to me, and being by Martaline I'd have her as the staying type rather than Salsaretta to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Just re-watched Chante Neige's performance in France, I can't say as I was too struck by it, and compared with Stormy Ireland in the race she had a nice cosy run through all bar the final couple of hurdles where the eventual winner hung right across her, Stormy Ireland on the other hand was switched about 4 times during running from inside to outside and finished 5 lengths ahead of Chante Neige on that occasion, and whilst she has won twice for Mullins & co. so far I do think that form is a way off top level.

The above said, I do think the extra year for Chante Neige will have done her the world of good and she may improve to be good enough to win it, but she also looked like a chaser to me, and being by Martaline I'd have her as the staying type rather than Salsaretta to be honest.
                    Time will tell, she deffinatley wouldnt have been trained to win that day. the 4th Elimay is a nice horse jp paid 300,000 for and is no longer a novice . One to look out for over here in mares hurdles/ novice chases
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Time will tell, she deffinatley wouldnt have been trained to win that day. the 4th Elimay is a nice horse jp paid 300,000 for and is no longer a novice . One to look out for over here in mares hurdles/ novice chases
                      For sure, and I agree, she was the best finisher of those prominent during the race, and certainly feel she is talented. As I said, I have covered her, on word only, but price discrepancy (at this current moment) makes no sense to myself. Will keep an eye out for Elimay

Comment

Quite Telling it was jareds horse to follow over daphne du clos who herself is a very exciting horse.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                          Quite Telling it was jareds horse to follow over daphne du clos who herself is a very exciting horse.
                          I don't know Jared enough to judge him, but IF he is anything like Ricci then I suspect we will hear of about 4 or 5 horses to follow during the season, then his festival NAP will be something totally different

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            Unashamedly a plug for my horse, Robin De Carlow, who won her maiden hurdle on Friday.

Robin De Carlow was a clear-cut winner of the opening mares' maiden hurdle in Kilbeggan despite blundering at the last.

In itself a fairly humdrum affair but made more interesting by looking at the two previous winners of this race.
                            2016 Airlie Beach (NHF RPR 107/RPR for this race 127)
                            2017 Mystic Theatre (115/131)
                            2018 Robin De Carlow (112/128)

The main stat for the short history of the Mares Novice is that the winner is a Mullins trained favourite so it's probably worth compiling a list of his possible runners and keeping an eye on how they progress. So far:

Robin De Carlow
                            Very like Airlie Beach in that she's not very big and was very green in her bumper.

Chante Neige
                            Fetching 3yo performance for Macaire but not seen since moving to Closutton. Favourite in the early betting.

Salsaretta
                            Came to Ireland with a big reputation. Fell in the race last season but won her maiden in May (RPR 126).

Colreevy
                            Near the top of the bumper fillies and mares. Yet to run over hurdles.

Relegate
                            Same as Colreevy.

Pakora
                            Whispers last season but didn't run. Won her maiden in May (RPR 132).
                            Congratulations Archie , Nice winner today .

Comment

Cheers BC. Certainly won't hurt her broodmare value.

Comment

Is this race still the aim Archie ?

Comment

Working...
                                X