Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks COD and Faugheen

Comment

Cheers Archie

Comment

Posted this on the AP bets thread but more relevant here:

Just a reminder that the Oddschecker Any Race market is all over the place. Backed Vision Des Flos earlier at what I thought was a stand out 14/1 with Coral only to realise this evening that he is 20s with Hills (22s boosted) although it showed as 8s earlier via oddschecker. Luckily Coral agreed to refund most of my stake. My advice is rather than use Oddschecker for this market, check first with Hills as they seem to be top price on most (if not all) in the Any Race market.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
          Posted this on the AP bets thread but more relevant here:

Just a reminder that the Oddschecker Any Race market is all over the place. Backed Vision Des Flos earlier at what I thought was a stand out 14/1 with Coral only to realise this evening that he is 20s with Hills (22s boosted) although it showed as 8s earlier via oddschecker. Luckily Coral agreed to refund most of my stake. My advice is rather than use Oddschecker for this market, check first with Hills as they seem to be top price on most (if not all) in the Any Race market.
          And you can use the bet boost too

Comment

Added Epatante today 14/1 with hills boosted to 15.3/1, hoping she goes to the mares novice (shes 16/1 for that), done the any race just incase she turns out to be a superstar and JP decides to have a crack at the Supreme.

Comment

Daphine Du Clos Worth highlightning from the mares novice hurdle thread

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              As tempted as I was by the 16/1 with Hills I decided to take 14/1 any race with them instead. Considering connections also have Chante Neige and Salsaretta (who as said already on this thread, could do a Let's Dance), then it seems safer for the sake of 2 points.

Comment

On Chante Neige/Daphne Du Clos, is there much history with Sullivan running two in the same race? We know Munir/Suede happily do it as does Ricci.

Daphne Du Clos is with Henderson not Mullins so don’t see Salsaretta being a factor at all.

Is the mares allowance enough to convince them to send one to another Novice race? Again of the top of my head I can’t think of a top one doing so since the introduction of the race.

Understand the hedge, but I don’t consider it a risk.

My next any race will be Douvan at 8s, with any sort of season he won’t be that big and while it’s between the CC and Ryanair the 2 points difference from his Ryanair price isn’t enough to make me back on both markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  On Chante Neige/Daphne Du Clos, is there much history with Sullivan running two in the same race? We know Munir/Suede happily do it as does Ricci.

Daphne Du Clos is with Henderson not Mullins so don’t see Salsaretta being a factor at all.

Is the mares allowance enough to convince them to send one to another Novice race? Again of the top of my head I can’t think of a top one doing so since the introduction of the race.

My next any race will be Douvan at 8s, with any sort of season he won’t be that big and while it’s between the CC and Ryanair the 2 points difference from his Ryanair price isn’t enough to make me back on both markets.
                  Yeah, he runs a few, the second string wear a pink cap the same colour as the ring on the silks... I'll find a few examples but I know there are a few:

Real Steal and Duc Des Genievres at least twice....

He ran 3 in the Albert Bartlett actually so I'm not doing any more.... Chef Des Obeaux, Real Steel and Fabulous Saga
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 October 2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• He ran two in the mares novice race this year Laurina & Cut The Mustard.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      He ran two in the mares novice race this year Laurina & Cut The Mustard.
                      Yeah, and that, so even more relevant.

HF - your 2 points extra are probably safe... but I'd still take 14s over 16s as a single. (and actually with WH I got 15.3/1 so for 0.7 pts I would always do that)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

Yes I totally agree that they wouldn't be averse to running multiple runners in the race. But just have a feeling DdC may be really top class so they could be tempted to switch. I think its still relevant that the owners have Chante de Neige and Salsaretta as Nicky will often say that he will see what else the owners have for the race when talking about targets. It was slightly different this year as Laurina was the stand out candidate, they didnt have two potential stand out candidates.

If DdC had been 10/1 Any Race, Id definitely have taken the 16/1 for this race, but for the sake of 2 points, just thought it was a no brainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                          Yes I totally agree that they wouldn't be averse to running multiple runners in the race. But just have a feeling DdC may be really top class so they could be tempted to switch. I think its still relevant that the owners have Chante de Neige and Salsaretta as Nicky will often say that he will see what else the owners have for the race when talking about targets. It was slightly different this year as Laurina was the stand out candidate, they didnt have two potential stand out candidates.

If DdC had been 10/1 Any Race, Id definitely have taken the 16/1 for this race, but for the sake of 2 points, just thought it was a no brainer.
                          Salsaretta is owned by Ricci not Sullivan

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            And should not be a 33/1 shot

On a more serious note though it is funny how recency bias kicks in for ante post betting, like prior to Laurina we would have checked the market and potentially backed the Ricci runners, one season he doesn't win it and the current winning owner now has 2 at the head of the betting whilst Ricci has a 33/1 shot, who also is the only one of them 3 to take to hurdles so far, and win a race I might add.

Same can be said for the Ballymore market IMO, on the basis of Samcro/COF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              My bad. Of course she is....

Comment

Working...
                              X