Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think Commander OF Fleet will end up an Albert Bartlett horse?

Personally I think WAY TOO MUCH credit is being given to the horse because of Samcro. This horse isn't Samcro and is unlikely ever to be.

COF won his P2P well, and the bumper really well, so obviously he'll be good (great even), but are we just being incredibly lazy in thinking he'll go for the Ballymore just because Samcro did? They haven't gone the Ballymore route with any of their other 'best' novice hurdlers?

I think Samcro is exceptional, and therefore I feel like striking a line through him when considering their other horses, and looking at the Gigginstown usual MO... Commander Of Fleet is more likely to end up in the Albert Bartlett isn't he?! He's more 'Death Duty' than 'Samcro'. Although admittidly that could go either way, as Death Duty was another 'high profile' flop in the Albert Bartlett so they may decide to change there minds?

He is only quoted by one bookie for the AB (and that's a pretty rubbish 16/1) ... so I'd back him any race anyway... but I Wouldn't take 16/1 for the Ballymore when the Any Race price is still 12/1 (13/1)

Comment

I'd imagine they'll be thinking Ballymore at the start of the season and then see how he goes. They can always step up in trip if needed but plan A has to be the Ballymore imo.

Comment

Commander Of Fleet is only 4 and very inexperienced. The AB is a tough race for a 5yo.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          Commander Of Fleet is only 4 and very inexperienced. The AB is a tough race for a 5yo.
          Has been done a couple of times though.

Just strikes me GIgginstown would need to have had a change in their approach to not want a very very good one in the Albert Bartlett. They may well do that, but COF is not Samcro and I think he was the exception to the rule

Comment

In the Land Rover bumper editions of 2015/16/17, Gigginstown had 6 runners. 5 of them (Ball D'Arc, Broken Soul, Hardline, Rapid Escape, Valdieu) were predominantly bumper horses the next season. The odd one out was Petit Mouchoir who stuck to 2m2f max over hurdles the next season.
            For all that Commander Of Fleet won his point, there's just not enough information around to decide whether Fame and Glory's progeny will be better over 2 or 3 miles. If he really is seen as a good prospect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him kept to bumpers and not go to Cheltenham at all.

Comment

In the Land Rover bumper editions of 2015/16/17, Gigginstown had 6 runners. 5 of them (Ball D'Arc, Broken Soul, Hardline, Rapid Escape, Valdieu) were predominantly bumper horses the next season. The odd one out was Petit Mouchoir who stuck to 2m2f max over hurdles the next season.
              For all that Commander Of Fleet won his point, there's just not enough information around to decide whether Fame and Glory's progeny will be better over 2 or 3 miles. If he really is seen as a good prospect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him kept to bumpers and not go to Cheltenham at all.
              The 5 horses quoted were all beaten in the Land Rover bumper though Archie. CoF won impressively and they surely go straight over hurdles, like they did with PM (who was also an impressive winner of that bumper).

Comment

PM was sent to Willie though so he was the exception in many ways.

The problem with the Land Rover is that it's difficult to tell how good the winner is until the beaten horses run again. Nothing much to go on yet.

Comment

PM was sent to Willie though so he was the exception in many ways.

The problem with the Land Rover is that it's difficult to tell how good the winner is until the beaten horses run again. Nothing much to go on yet.
                  Agreed. There have been some high quality winners in the past, so it'll be interesting to see how he ranks come the end of the season.

Comment

I'm firmly in the CoF camp for this season, although I've just had a quick look at the timings of his Land Rover bumper in comparison to PM's and PM ran it considerably faster (10s to be precise), albeit on slightly faster ground.

I'd never read too much in to timings of a race as you never know what one might find if challenged, but here's hoping CoF is the real deal and takes on the hurdles next year - hopefully in the Ballymore

Comment

Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
                      I'm firmly in the CoF camp for this season, although I've just had a quick look at the timings of his Land Rover bumper in comparison to PM's and PM ran it considerably faster (10s to be precise), albeit on slightly faster ground.

I'd never read too much in to timings of a race as you never know what one might find if challenged, but here's hoping CoF is the real deal and takes on the hurdles next year - hopefully in the Ballymore
                      I don't think you can read anything into timings when the races are run on different days, on different ground. The clerk's of the course appear to be able to call the ground whatever they want, regardless of what the going stick readings are.

Comment

Would not surprise me if COF ended up in the Supreme tbh. I'll be extremely surprised if he is anywhere near as good as Samcro is, however I have added him in the 'any race' market as he certainly made an impression during that one bumper run/win.

Comment

On oddschecker's any race market they've mislabelled The Big Bite as Might Bite. Despite being negative on Bitey's chances next March at 33/1 any race I was prepared to take a punt, until I clicked!

Comment

Hi guys, which firms offer Any race market please.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                              Hi guys, which firms offer Any race market please.
                              Hills are the only company offering the e/way option I believe, but Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, Betfair and SkyBet are the main ones I think. Personally think PP, Betfair & SkyBet are never quite as competitive as the other 3 price wise anyway.

Comment

Coral, hills, sky, ladbrokes and Paddy Power. Hills have the best selection of horses and some hills and coral shops are accepting bets on these markets.

Comment

Working...
                                X