Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard for me not to feel like the Ryanair still ends up as the race the horses "not good enough to win a Gold Cup" run in, rather than a race they're aimed at.

After Christmas, when decisions have to be made and trial races happen (and inevitably defeats) it changes peoples targets. I would hazard a guess for Monalee that he'd be beaten at 3m post Christmas and have his sights 'lowered' for the race he'd actually have a etter chance in (as it'll likely be weaker).

Kemboy then... right in the mixer! Only 2 lbs lower than Al Boum Photo who was my biggest fancy of all of his last year and they are closer ratings than I'd have anticipated! You must be excited to go to war with him this year!!!

Comment

Kemboy is 50/1 for the GC at the moment and probably about right this far out. However, he is still only 6 and, with just 6 runs over fences, could have improvement left in him. As they say, the dream is still alive although my preference would be the Ryanair this season and Gold Cup the next.
      All up in the air with all of them until they reach the track this season.

Willie has never won the Gold Cup (or Champion Chase) so it would be quite nice if he broke that duck soon. I'd say that Bellshill has a chance this season.
      Last edited by archie; 5 September 2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        Kemboy is 50/1 for the GC at the moment and probably about right this far out. However, he is still only 6 and, with just 6 runs over fences, could have improvement left in him. As they say, the dream is still alive although my preference would be the Ryanair this season and Gold Cup the next.
        All up in the air with all of them until they reach the track this season.

Willie has never won the Gold Cup (or Champion Chase) so it would be quite nice if he broke that duck soon. I'd say that Bellshill has a chance this season.
        Bellshill is a great mention. Ran brilliantly all last season, and beat some GC runners in his last run before the break. Probably have to get him in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Bellshill is a great mention. Ran brilliantly all last season, and beat some GC runners in his last run before the break. Probably have to get him in the books.
          Agreed.

Good shout that Archie. I’m a fan of the horse.

Comment

[Bellshill] If you go back the season before he had a 10L beating of Balko Des Flos too on his chase debut. Triple Grade 1 winning hurdler too.

20/1 isn't a wild price but certainly warrents a second look. I actually hoped he'd be a bigger price but on reflection that'd be ridiculous... he clearly is in with a chance. I can't imagine they'd consider anything other than the Gold Cup with him though?

Comment

Scooby (or anyone else for that matter...)
              Do you know anything about De Bon Coeur?
              Quite high up in the "Any Race" market with Hills @ 5/1

Looks to have great form in France, but has she been bought by anyone in UK/Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                Scooby (or anyone else for that matter...)
                Do you know anything about De Bon Coeur?
                Quite high up in the "Any Race" market with Hills @ 5/1

Looks to have great form in France, but has she been bought by anyone in UK/Ireland?
                I wouldn't waste your money Leman, quote from the RP: "France's champion hurdler, De Bon Coeur, will be out of action until next spring due to a pastern injury.

The five-year-old daughter of Vision D'Etat was a brilliant winner of the Grade 1 Grande Course de Haies in May for trainer Francois Nicolle, cantering home 16 lengths clear of the runner-up Bapaume.

The winner of 11 of her 13 career starts, De Bon Coeur has suffered a hairline crack to a a pastern and joins stablemate Alex De Larredya in missing the Grand Prix d'Automne at Auteuil in November."

Can't imagine her return to action would be at Cheltenham if I am honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  I wouldn't waste your money Leman, quote from the RP: "France's champion hurdler, De Bon Coeur, will be out of action until next spring due to a pastern injury.

The five-year-old daughter of Vision D'Etat was a brilliant winner of the Grade 1 Grande Course de Haies in May for trainer Francois Nicolle, cantering home 16 lengths clear of the runner-up Bapaume.

The winner of 11 of her 13 career starts, De Bon Coeur has suffered a hairline crack to a a pastern and joins stablemate Alex De Larredya in missing the Grand Prix d'Automne at Auteuil in November."

Can't imagine her return to action would be at Cheltenham if I am honest.
                  Thanks COD - I wasn't about to pull the trigger - just didn't recognise the name
                  Would always be dubious about potential French raiders a week before the Fez, let alone 6 months out.

However, If they had transferred to UK/Ire and in good order - that would be a different matter!

Thanks

Comment

I actually think the 13/1 Monalee any race is pretty appealing IF you are of the feeling that he will be more likely to run in the Ryanair over the Gold Cup.

Like has been said I think his early season targets will revolve around the Gold Cup trials that often product a fair amount of Ryanair runners. There's no real way around that so there's the likely possibility that he could win one of these trials and if that happens then it would surely be the Gold Cup he lines up in. Add in the fact it would appear that HdB and the owners haven't always been on the same wavelength regarding the horse...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any worries about Monalee going in any race other than RSA are dead judging by Henry De Bromhead there. &quot;After seeing the reaction of (the owner) to suggestion of JLT I don&#39;t think you&#39;ll be seeing him there! He&#39;s in terrific form and runs next at Leop at Christmas touch wood.&quot;</p>&mdash; Johnny Ward (@Ui_Maine) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ui_Maine/status/939870262681579520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 December 2017</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Any Race safety net for the sake of 3 points appeals for me. Obviously anyone thinking he's more likely for the Gold Cup then the 33/1 on offer there is by far the better option. For me it's how strongly you feel he will go for either race.

I actually think he'll come over for the King George this Christmas (and he appeals at 20/1). HdB often brings horses over to England and i'm certain Balko des Flos will line up at Leopardstown, as he did last season. That may mean little to the owners who will i'm sure make the call but I can see him lining up at Kempton between the 2 options myself.

(and for what it's worth I think he will more than likely line up in the Ryanair and having the beating of anyone who lines up (within reason)

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                      I actually think the 13/1 Monalee any race is pretty appealing IF you are of the feeling that he will be more likely to run in the Ryanair over the Gold Cup.

Like has been said I think his early season targets will revolve around the Gold Cup trials that often product a fair amount of Ryanair runners. There's no real way around that so there's the likely possibility that he could win one of these trials and if that happens then it would surely be the Gold Cup he lines up in. Add in the fact it would appear that HdB and the owners haven't always been on the same wavelength regarding the horse...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any worries about Monalee going in any race other than RSA are dead judging by Henry De Bromhead there. "After seeing the reaction of (the owner) to suggestion of JLT I don't think you'll be seeing him there! He's in terrific form and runs next at Leop at Christmas touch wood."</p>— Johnny Ward (@Ui_Maine) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ui_Maine/status/939870262681579520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 December 2017</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Any Race safety net for the sake of 3 points appeals for me. Obviously anyone thinking he's more likely for the Gold Cup then the 33/1 on offer there is by far the better option. For me it's how strongly you feel he will go for either race.

I actually think he'll come over for the King George this Christmas (and he appeals at 20/1). HdB often brings horses over to England and i'm certain Balko des Flos will line up at Leopardstown, as he did last season. That may mean little to the owners who will i'm sure make the call but I can see him lining up at Kempton between the 2 options myself.

(and for what it's worth I think he will more than likely line up in the Ryanair and having the beating of anyone who lines up (within reason)
                      Good post.

My liking for the horse is obvious so I won’t say anymore on him but I really believe he would be perfect for the Ryanair. The way it is run and his relentless galloping nature makes him perfect for the race. I’ve backed him for the Ryanair already but was looking at going any race too.

13s any race is good enough for me. What bookie is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

13s any race is good enough for me. What bookie is that?
                        William Hill - with the boost (12's without)

Comment

Available in shops as well MoM

Comment

Cheers lads

Comment

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but....

Champagne Classic - 20-1 William Hill - Last seen over 3m hurdles at Punchestown and the form could hardly be better, beating Penhill, Tin Soldier, Monalee, Al Boum Photo, PRESENTING PERCY!, Moulin A Vent & Bon Papa.

Think chasing is the plan and could well be an RSA type or even one for the 4 miler.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                                Not sure if this one has been mentioned but....

Champagne Classic - 20-1 William Hill - Last seen over 3m hurdles at Punchestown and the form could hardly be better, beating Penhill, Tin Soldier, Monalee, Al Boum Photo, PRESENTING PERCY!, Moulin A Vent & Bon Papa.

Think chasing is the plan and could well be an RSA type or even one for the 4 miler.
                                Think a couple have mentioned but no harm in bringing it up again, like you, I think the price is very generous given what CC achieved over hurdles, already added to my ever growing portfolio of 'Any Race' bets but may well go in again as the price is somewhat tempting.

Comment

Working...
                                X