Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Agree, and that's why I put "if only it was that straight forward", we know full well it is never that simple I actually prefer the 5/2 'Any Race' Coral have on offer, can use this in Multiple bets too.

The only race he doesn't go off shorter than 5/2 IMO, will be the Champion Hurdle, should he make it and go that route.

You can use the 5/2 in multiples? Surely not?

As in Yankees, etc? If that’s true, that is brilliant news.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
      You can use the 5/2 in multiples? Surely not?

As in Yankees, etc? If that’s true, that is brilliant news.
      Only on Coral I believe, win only too, no e/way!

Comment

Agree, and that's why I put "if only it was that straight forward", we know full well it is never that simple I actually prefer the 5/2 'Any Race' Coral have on offer, can use this in Multiple bets too.

The only race he doesn't go off shorter than 5/2 IMO, will be the Champion Hurdle, should he make it and go that route.
        I think Samcro would be close to odds on, on the day, if he lines up in the champion hurdle.

Comment

IF BD goes unbeaten this season up to Champion Hurdle then I dont think Samcro could be odds on personally. I see WH are doing BD to go the season unbeaten at 7/1 Im pretty tempted by that to be honest and especially as you can use the bet boost.

Comment

Only on Coral I believe, win only too, no e/way!
            Blimey I didn’t see that being allowed.

I’ll have a try tonight. Thanks for posting.

If it works like you say, it’s an antepost gamechanger..

Comment

Blimey I didn’t see that being allowed.

I’ll have a try tonight. Thanks for posting.

If it works like you say, it’s an antepost gamechanger..
              You definitely can. I've posted a few of the bets I've had with them somewhere.

Most of mine include Penhill whow as 9/1 best price with them until last night

Comment

It’s worked! Cheers lads.

Just played a trixie:
                Samcro - Any race 5/2
                Might Bite - Gold Cup 5/1
                Laurina - Mares 3/1

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                  IF BD goes unbeaten this season up to Champion Hurdle then I dont think Samcro could be odds on personally.
                  That's true Billy but I think they'd be likely to meet at the Dublin racing festival in February if Samcro stays over hurdles.

Comment

Yes could be right FM good point, be interesting to see if more English trainers decide to send there horses over to the festival this year.

Comment

It’s worked! Cheers lads.

Just played a trixie:
                      Samcro - Any race 5/2
                      Might Bite - Gold Cup 5/1
                      Laurina - Mares 3/1
                      MOM, hello from TRF!

I saw this place had some NH chat going on so thought i'd jump back in!!

Might Bite i believe missed his best chance of winning it, this year. Alright, the grounds probably the blame, but he's turning 10.

You think Laurina heads to the mares? It would be disappointing, but highly likely i'd agree she'll take the Annie Power, VVM route before every being properly tested....

Unless of course, Mullins struggles for a CH contender and throws her into the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        MOM, hello from TRF!

I saw this place had some NH chat going on so thought i'd jump back in!!

Might Bite i believe missed his best chance of winning it, this year. Alright, the grounds probably the blame, but he's turning 10.

You think Laurina heads to the mares? It would be disappointing, but highly likely i'd agree she'll take the Annie Power, VVM route before every being properly tested....

Unless of course, Mullins struggles for a CH contender and throws her into the fire.

Hi mate,

I think MB would’ve won last year had the ground not turned into a swimming pool. If the ground isn’t similar, I think he gives PP a very good race.

Someone said the other day on here that Laurina is more likely to go Mares with Benie Des Dieux going chasing. He gave plenty of Mullins quotes which implied he's probably right. I’m on Laurina for the Arkle so I actually hope she goes there at 14/1. But we will see.

Comment

Was it in this thread or where (quotes)??

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            Was it in this thread or where (quotes)??
                            I’m not sure mate it was a while back now.

Possibly on the Mares Hurdle thread or on the main antepost bets thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              That's true Billy but I think they'd be likely to meet at the Dublin racing festival in February if Samcro stays over hurdles.
                              Samcro staying over hurdles would stop any chance of Buveur D'air rocking up in Ireland in my opinion! I can't see them 'going away', taking on Samcro before Cheltenham before going for a 3rd... I appreciate Nicky may want to give him a 'tougher' race, but there is Summerville Boy, If The Cap Fits and a few others in the UK for BVD to scramble past this year?

Comment

Your probably right Kev but it's a nice thought.

The champion hurdle trials after Christmas are usually substandard. Haydock in January is usually run on heavy ground and a weak field (TNO has won the last 4). The contenders hurdle at Sandown is gash and the Kingwell is probably slightly too late in February to tempt them.

The Irish Champion Hurdle would be perfect timing as it's 5/6 weeks before but, as you say, Samcro might just scare NJH off. I don't think JP would be against the idea of running in Ireland though.

Comment

Working...
                                X