Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disko = Meade

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I've cash out half of my bet for a small profit.
      I'm unsure on which way to go with my position on Samcro. I had been nibbling at the any race market (5/2) from May onwards but when Betfair and PP cut him for the Champion Hurdle and pushed him out for the Arkle/JLT/RSA I went in on him for the CH with a fair chunk for me with Bet 365. That has left me in the same position as you FM i.e. I could cash out for a small profit as we stand or hold my nerve and be in a good position.

Can anyone recall when Betfair and PP cut him for the Ballymore last year? Was it before he had run?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
        I'm unsure on which way to go with my position on Samcro. I had been nibbling at the any race market (5/2) from May onwards but when Betfair and PP cut him for the Champion Hurdle and pushed him out for the Arkle/JLT/RSA I went in on him for the CH with a fair chunk for me with Bet 365. That has left me in the same position as you FM i.e. I could cash out for a small profit as we stand or hold my nerve and be in a good position.

Can anyone recall when Betfair and PP cut him for the Ballymore last year? Was it before he had run?
        From memory, yes, he was cut plenty, from 16's before he even jumped a hurdle.

I see a few more bookmakers cut him yesterday too, Bet365 being one of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          From memory, yes, he was cut plenty, from 16's before he even jumped a hurdle.

I see a few more bookmakers cut him yesterday too, Bet365 being one of them!
          Yeah I noticed that too, restored a little faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post

He got cut from 16-1 into 10-1 on 09/10/17 at william hill, id imagine PP would of been before that. Won his maiden hurdle on 19/10/17

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
              He got cut from 16-1 into 10-1 on 09/10/17 at william hill, id imagine PP would of been before that. Won his maiden hurdle on 19/10/17
              Pp 16s to 8s a long way out late September. I backed same day.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Pp 16s to 8s a long way out late September. I backed same day.

good memory Scooby!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                  good memory Scooby!
                  Not really just haddnt deleted my old screenshots of last year's bets

Comment

• If anyone fancies MELON for the CH there's £25 at 17.5 available on the exchange. I'm assuming they meant to put it up on the right hand side, not to lay him. As they'res nothing behind it.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 15 October 2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      If anyone fancies MELON for the CH there's £25 at 17.5 available on the exchange. I'm assuming they meant to put it up on the right hand side, not to lay him. As they'res nothing behind it.
                      Been any money for him in the Arkle or anything like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Been any money for him in the Arkle or anything like that?
                        No not at all.

Comment

• I think Melon will run in the Ch.hurdle again next year, after coming so close this year ,
                          Surely they'll want to give it another shot.

Comment

• Nicky Henderson on Racing uk site , Buveur d'air to follow same route to ch Hurdle at cheltenham .
                            Rules out going to the Dublin festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              I think Melon will run in the Ch.hurdle again next year, after coming so close this year ,
                              Surely they'll want to give it another shot.
                              If he's stuffed by Samcro they might have a rethink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                                If he's stuffed by Samcro they might have a rethink.
                                Yeah that's a good point Folski !., But if Melon stuffs Samcro , then, They might have a rethink !. ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X