Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

July Festival Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    Now the world cup's finished , Back to business , I'll suggest Black Op for the J.L.T chs @ 10-1 , also listed in the R.S.A chs at 16-1 .
    Personally I think he'll go J.l.t , but for the Yankee don't mind either. ??.
    With it being a coin toss over which he’d go for (I think the latter) and the Samcro possible in opposition element, I’d say he should be one for later yankees when his target becomes clearer.

Just my opinion.

I think Might Bite for the Gold Cup deserves to be in another one of these. Only in one so far. His price is decent and he has one target only. Possibly put Buveur D’Air in another one soon too. For the same reasons as MB.

Comment

What about Kalashnikov for the JLT? Looks built for fences could also improve for a step up in trip, although he wouldn't need to improve much based on his hurdling ability. 28/1 available with Ladbrokes (boosted) which is far bigger than I thought he'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        What about Kalashnikov for the JLT? Looks built for fences could also improve for a step up in trip, although he wouldn't need to improve much based on his hurdling ability. 28/1 available with Ladbrokes (boosted) which is far bigger than I thought he'd be.
        Blimey that is a great price! I was looking at a big antepost bet at 8/1 for any race with him but was waiting to see where Samcro goes first. He’s the danger if he goes JLT.

We know he’s going chasing this season and that he’s starting at 2 miles but Amy Williams has also said she thought he wanted further last season. He’s an Arkle or JLT type.

I’m gonna have to have a bet at that 28s thlugh. Because that is massive. Absolutely massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          Blimey that is a great price! I was looking at a big antepost bet at 8/1 for any race with him but was waiting to see where Samcro goes first. He’s the danger if he goes JLT.

We know he’s going chasing this season and that he’s starting at 2 miles but Amy Williams has also said she thought he wanted further last season. He’s an Arkle or JLT type.

I’m gonna have to have a bet at that 28s thlugh. Because that is massive. Absolutely massive.
          I have to credit my mate for messaging me about him last night. 28/1 is double the price he should be imo.

Comment

I have to credit my mate for messaging me about him last night. 28/1 is double the price he should be imo.
            Absolutely. There is obviously a target doubt with the fact he's never run over more than 16.5f yet... but I think the yet is key. He hasn't looked like he's stopping and there was really no need to try him up in trip in his novice hurdling season, whereas it opens up plenty of options as a novice chaser...

If people are correct about the Supreme being a strong renewal too, then he's no 28/1 shot in any festival race.

Comment

Well after seeing skybet has Gimgillboa at 14/1 for the foxhunters,Thats a shout

Comment

Well I’m grateful for you and your mate as I’d have missed that price completely. Cheers.

Absolutely ridiculous price imo.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                  Well after seeing skybet has Gimgillboa at 14/1 for the foxhunters,Thats a shout

Who is that with?

Comment

Skybet yesterday evening.

Comment

I agree with this Somer.

No reason to believe he won't be aimed at the race and was the highest profile horse that wasn't qualified this year.

A few better judges than me for Foxhunter races lurking on the forums though....

Comment

Ive gone in already as the price is 10/1 with Hills.Target nailed on and class horse in the Hunters i think.Anyone wannna put some imput in?

Comment

Ive gone in already as the price is 10/1 with Hills.Target nailed on and class horse in the Hunters i think.Anyone wannna put some imput in?
                          I know very little about Hunter Chasers but 14/1 seems decent for a grade 1 winner (albeit 3 years ago).

Comment

It’s a race I’ll be avoiding antepost after being balls deep in Burning Ambition last year at decent prices before he got backed into a short price, cruised through the entire race, went odds on in running but then failed to stay up the hill.

I’m still bitter about that one tbh. So I’ll be leaving the Foxhunters well alone. Unless it comes up in one of these yankees

Comment

Similar to MoM the foxhunters is one I'll be leaving alone in single bets but I'm happy with a speculative yankee selection

Comment

Gilgamboa seems a decent shout, if he's JP's no1 then will have one of the top jocks in the saddle, prob Derek O'Connor, only usually a handful that can be considered and the pilot makes a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X