Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting poke Voix Du Reve.

I alwyas look at previous runners in races, especially when it is Mullins - but there have only been two renewals and he's never had one so that stumped my research.

I did see Diamond King won it in 2016 though, and I specifically remember chatter about him being a JLT horse. Eventually he disappointed and was aimed at the same distance handicap chase but I'd take that as a positive regarding trip

Comment

Vision Des Flos is declared for Ffos Las tomorrow over 2m 5f. We'll have a good idea post race whether it will be the Arkle or JLT (if any) for him in March but Colin must be thinking he needs a trip with this entry. Will be a good test with Bags Groove, Coole Cody & No Comment opposing.

Comment

Bags Groove also entered at Market rasen Sean.

Comment

He's been declared for Ffos Las now BC.
          Last edited by SeanRock; 19 October 2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Right . was looking earlier on .cheers.

Comment

No Comment hunting around the back in search of a handicap mark .... one for the Close Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                No Comment hunting around the back in search of a handicap mark .... one for the Close Brothers
                Doesnt get 4 miles anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Doesnt get 4 miles anyway.
                  Oh yeah he's not a novice now. I actually forgot he ran in that haha

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Have added Voix Du Reve for this race today with 365 @ 25/1.

Only 2 main bookmakers offering a price on him, and 365 are best currently, plus have the cash out option.

By the same sire as Vroum Vroum Mag & former JLT winner Taquin De Seuil, as well as notable others including last years 4th in this race, Kemboy, Voix Du Reve's juvenile form was very solid, and he was looking like putting it to Diego Du Charmil in the Fred Winter of the 2016 festival before falling at the last. Last season he never really stopped racing, but looking at the way he has been raced, over numerous different trips you'd have to question the placements and the reasons for them, either way I am happy to write that season off!

Since May of this year he has run 5 times, winning 3 of them, his only 3 wins to date, all between 2m 2f & 2m 4f. He started off his chase campaign at Galway this month, where bar a couple of novicey mistakes his jumping was slick and impeccable, for me about as good as you could possibly ask for from a novice. He looks like he needs an intermediate trip, and the JLT looks bang on for him.

The Wiley's have good history winning this race, with both Yorkhill (2017) & Black Hercules (2016) to date, and Willie Mullins is not shy when it comes to this race either, winning 4 of the 8 runnings to date.

I do question whether he has the class to win it, but at 25/1 he won't be that price if he makes it to the race, given how easily these novice chase fields can fall apart as others take up different engagements, and is a price I am happy to have a go at.
                    Completely and utterly irrelevant fact here, but when Paddy Mullins was last on the Final Furlong Podcast, he spoke about Voix du Reve having a future over fences and anything he did was a bonus. Now, this was back in late 2016, but the point remains that even back then, they thought that he had the size and scope for fences and maybe they’ve minded him from a young age.

Comment

Oh yeah he's not a novice now. I actually forgot he ran in that haha
                      He is actually a novice still but the Close Brothers would still be on the sharp side for him. Possibly the 3m handicap on day one as Novices tend to do well in that.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        He is actually a novice still but the Close Brothers would still be on the sharp side for him. Possibly the 3m handicap on day one as Novices tend to do well in that.
                        I think you might have nailed the right race JM. It would look perfect. Dream Berry another interesting runner in that race tomorrow for the same connections.

Comment

I doubt he'll make my shortlist whatever he ends up doing to be honest haha. Thanks for the clarification though

Comment

I doubt he'll make my shortlist whatever he ends up doing to be honest haha. Thanks for the clarification though
                            He’s not without talent but I’m not falling for the ‘owned by McManus so he must be well handicapped’ trap.

Comment

He’s not without talent but I’m not falling for the ‘owned by McManus so he must be well handicapped’ trap.
                              Absolutely. I wanted him to be very very good so that the Robin Roe bandwagon could keep rolling but he's been out too long for it to be relevant now really.

Comment

This is lazy but one to consider for the JLT perhaps (not exciting odds at 16/1)

Source - Daily Mail (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ra...Alan-King.html)

Trainer Alan King is already dreaming of what Messire Des Obeaux may do over fences next year after he ran out a comprehensive winner of the Betfred Challow Novices' Hurdle at Newbury.

Having made a winning reappearance in a Bangor handicap before claiming a Grade Two prize at Sandown, King's charge was chasing a hat-trick in this Grade One event, which has been won in the past by the likes of the mighty Denman as well as Grand National hero Bindaree.

3rd behind Willoughby Court and Neon Wolf (only 3L back) - if he's always thought she was a chaser?

Not mentioned in his stable tour though and I have no recollection of any news about her after her 3rd at Aintree behind the ill-fated Finian's Oscar.

HEr hurdles form was very solid though - I don't suppose anyone has a clue about her do they?

Comment

Working...
                                X