Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
    He missed Cheltenham due to sore shins - https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-bailey/153989

Was being aimed at the Ballymore, and they were certainly not afraid of Samcro
    Cheers Bobby, that clears that up

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
      He missed Cheltenham due to sore shins - https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-bailey/153989

Was being aimed at the Ballymore, and they were certainly not afraid of Samcro
      I'd forgotten that.

I'm going to get giddy about Vinndication the more I think about it.

In the same boat as you so far RC... no real money down... can't imagine me holding off though for much longer.

Comment

• Looking again at this market this evening with Black Op a reasonable chance of going up in distance and question marks about whether the next 10 or so in the betting will come here, there must be some value to be had further down.

Fair cases have been made for the likes of Lostintranslation (27s Hills price boost) and Claimantakinforgan (25s with Bet365) and I'm interested in both, although I don't quite share Scooby's confidence in the target of the latter. However, returning to the conversation yesterday Vinndication still at 33s with BFSB does look some value to me at this early stage so I will definitely continue topping up.

*Goes to have real money bet at 33s only to see BFSB are actually 25s (thanks oddschecker), still reasonably happy with that price, but will keep to free bets for time being as doubt it will be cut further over the coming weeks
        Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 13 November 2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Champagne Classic entered over 2m4 on Saturday at Punchestoen

As is...Mengli Khan

Pingshou also entered in a 2m4 race at Cheltenham on Friday, would have thought he’d be going to the Arkle but interesting entry
          Last edited by Hurricane fly; 13 November 2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
            Looking again at this market this evening with Black Op a reasonable chance of going up in distance and question marks about whether the next 10 or so in the betting will come here, there must be some value to be had further down.

Fair cases have been made for the likes of Lostintranslation (27s Hills price boost) and Claimantakinforgan (25s with Bet365) and I'm interested in both, although I don't quite share Scooby's confidence in the target of the latter. However, returning to the conversation yesterday Vinndication still at 33s with BFSB does look some value to me at this early stage so I will definitely continue topping up.

*Goes to have real money bet at 33s only to see BFSB are actually 25s (thanks oddschecker), still reasonably happy with that price, but will keep to free bets for time being as doubt it will be cut further over the coming weeks
            I'm happy with the jlt with 365 but
            Claimantakinforgan is still 18/1 any race if you use the boost.... for anyone who's iffy on target.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I'm happy with the jlt with 365 but
              Claimantakinforgan is still 18/1 any race if you use the boost.... for anyone who's iffy on target.
              Cheers Scooby, seems a fair price when you think both races will likely cut up

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                Champagne Classic entered over 2m4 on Saturday at Punchestoen

As is...Mengli Khan

Pingshou also entered in a 2m4 race at Cheltenham on Friday, would have thought he’d be going to the Arkle but interesting entry
                Too early in the season to read too much into entries and trips.

I'd also expect Pingshou to go for the Arkle but don't think an every over 2m4f rules it out. Same for Mengli

Comment

• Black Op a very late non runner

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Sorry to be boring, but not many other suggestions coming through, so personally I think Voix Du Reve will be the Mullins horse in this, as I have said previously.

I know he's not quite as 'sexy' as the others mentioned but ultimately could come on a bundle for going over fences and certainly looked like he took to them as well as anything on his chase debut.

He's not devoid of some level of Chletenham form and I am happy to forgive his run at this years festival as quite frankly his whole campaign was a mess, but that previous festival form when he would have at least pushed Diego Du Charmil close if not beat him, before falling, is not form to take lightly.

He'll certainly be overpriced currently and won't be 25/1 come the day of the festival should he make it.

There is also some confidence behind the breeding side of it too to suggest chasing will be a positive step for him, the sire, Voix Du Nord, also sired Vroum Vroum Mag (unbeaten over fences), Taquin Du Seuil (won this race as a novice chaser), Vibrato Valtat (Quirky, but made a fair novice chaser, winning some weakish Grade 1 & 2 races, albeit not at the festival) & Vaniteux (another who was a fairly consistent novice chaser, winning and placing in Graded races, as well as looking like finishing 2nd to Douvan in the Arkle at the festival before falling). Unfortunately there is not a whole heap on the Dams side to be as confident about, and obviously it goes without saying that Voix Du Nord has also had his fair share of poor progeny too, however Voix Du Reve has shown better form over hurdles than the majority of them already so I have no doubt he has a little class about him and it will show through over fences.
                    Happy with that today. More to come. Definitely one held back for a fence. Messed around a lot over hurdles last season.

Comment

• Summed up pretty well on claimantakinforgan. Its plain to see He finishes all his races really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/grechparkin?lang=en

Summed up pretty well on claimantakinforgan. Its plain to see He finishes all his races really well.

To me that says if he wins impressively tomorrow he will stay over two miles and maybe if hes beat he will go 2m 4. You can read it both ways. Obviously there is a difference of opinion between trainer and owner. Surely the trainer knows more and Nicky will stick to his guns especially if he wins tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                          To me that says if he wins impressively tomorrow he will stay over two miles and maybe if hes beat he will go 2m 4. You can read it both ways. Obviously there is a difference of opinion between trainer and owner. Surely the trainer knows more and Nicky will stick to his guns especially if he wins tomorrow.
                          From what iv spoken to them before. The jlt is in mind. A win over 2 in a trial and the arkle is still open. then they can go on to the next One, If he's beat over 2 pre chelt he won't be going arkle. I hope he wins tomorrow and in this field he's every chance . Keep going and they can have a look at the fields near the time. Like finians Oscar last year, as they step up in grade you'll see if he needs further. Iv no doubt he'll improve for a step up in trip.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 17 November 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Kalashnikov vs claimantakinforgan would settle this debate lol

Would that be on the cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                              Kalashnikov vs claimantakinforgan would settle this debate lol

Very likely they'd meet pre chelt if claimantakinforgan wins tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                                Kalashnikov vs claimantakinforgan would settle this debate lol

Both get done for toe and end up in the JLT for round 2

Comment

Working...
                                X