Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    Another of which is potentially sending Vision Des Flos to the Champion Hurdle instead of the Coral Cup. One mans brainwave is another mans brainfart apparently
    Take a bow

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
      Ultragold

"We've had this brainwave this week that we might run him in the cross-country chase," said Tizzard.

"It seemed a good prep race for the National for one of the others (winner Tiger Roll) last year!

"We ran him at Cheltenham the last two or three years - and although he hasn't won, he has done quite well, and it has been a good prep for Aintree.

"He is in the Ultima, but he will be put in the cross country. We will school him, but I just think he will have a better chance of winning the cross-country than he would the Ultima.

"Then we will run him in the Grand National. He is in the Topham - but if he gets in, he will go for the National."
      Ran quite well at Cheltenham Colin?

4th of 6 - Beaten 26L
      13th of 22 - Beaten 46L
      2m5f race - Pulled up
      9th of 24 - Beaten 12L
      6th of 14 - Beaten 29L
      2m5f race - Fell
      9th of 9 - Beaten 94L

Shameful that he's best price 14/1. Shameful.

Comment

• Comment

• Don Poli is an odd entry

Comment

• I suppose if you are going to the national not the worst idea

Comment

• Thanks Boopa

Really think Tizzie is in a world by himself :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Don Poli is an odd entry
                I'd probably weep if Don Poli won this race without me being on him

Comment

• Same I will have to back

Comment

• Should have backed him when I requested him 4-5 months ago!

Comment

• Anybody heard any news about tiger? Strange things happening on betfair exchange the last couple of days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        Should have backed him when I requested him 4-5 months ago!
                        Without NRNB?

Too risky especially as it's never been mentioned still. Just an entry?

I've not heard him say it

Comment

• I’ve been pretty convinced if the Don comes to Cheltenham this year it will be for this, with an eye to the GN.

I’ve not put my money where my mouth is yet but a free bet or 2 at 14s wouldn’t be the worst thing I’ve used them on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            I’ve been pretty convinced if the Don comes to Cheltenham this year it will be for this, with an eye to the GN.

I’ve not put my money where my mouth is yet but a free bet or 2 at 14s wouldn’t be the worst thing I’ve used them on
                            Be some shout! I wouldn't think he's the type but they've tripped hunting with him etc so I suppose it's more on the radar than I've considered.

You going to start a thread for the 'main' Yankee soon HF?

Comment

• Yes was just thinking that it’s time to get the discussion going now that the weights are out

Comment

• Just seen that the Tiger was last matched at 3.5 on Betfair and there is no money for backing him. As only 22k has been bet on the race probably not anything but bad thoughts have started to go through my head...my week would be destroyed

Comment

Working...
                                X