Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Has Ucello Conti been mentioned for this by GE? I can't remember.
    Ucello conti entered for p2p on Sunday fm
    So perhaps foxhunters
    Requested a price on this from pp,8/1 boo hoo

Comment

• DP has RPRs c.166 and good festival form.....and betting fairly short suggests poss run

TR best ratings are 160.....and obviously i'm all in on the Tiger as backed him on all his big races.....incl 40-1 for National (pre festival price)

Will take good horse to beat Tiger..... and this race may see for left-field entries....just think given its Elliott DP might be an interesting small stake bet, with a run
      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
        So perhaps foxhunters
        Thanks Liam.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
          DP has RPRs c.166 and good festival form.....and betting fairly short suggests poss run

TR best ratings are 160.....and obviously i'm all in on the Tiger as backed him on all his big races.....incl 40-1 for National (pre festival price)

Will take good horse to beat Tiger..... and this race may see for left-field entries....just think given its Elliott DP might be an interesting small stake bet, with a run
          I see he's 10/1 NRNB so you might as well take that.

I don't think Don Poli is the right klind of horse for the Cross Country myself. I absolutely love Don Poli though... love love love.

Comment

• Ucello Conti won his point today by 2.5L.

Prep for the National?
            Last edited by boopa; 13 January 2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
              Ucello Conti won his point today by 2.5L.

Prep for the National?
              Fox hunters.
              He beat Sydney paget by 1/2L Which is very good form.

Kruzhlinin also won today franking the form of stand up and fight.

And haymount another noticeable winner today.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 13 January 2019, 01:43 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                So perhaps foxhunters
                Always ask any race on ones like that. I got shantou flyer and stand up and fight both to slip through at 33s
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Don Poli surely not nimble enough with the constant need to turn,twist and everything else that comes in this race. Would be a big surprise to me if he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    Don Poli surely not nimble enough with the constant need to turn,twist and everything else that comes in this race. Would be a big surprise to me if he was.
                    He won't run in this.

Comment

• If he does run it will be a pipe opener for the National.

Comment

• Was Referring to above comments but yeah wouldn't think he would. Stuck between a rock and a hard place with him.

Comment

• Having just watched the Cheltenham trial from the 14th back I am convinced that Willie is doing with Ballycasey what Gordon has done in recent years with Cause of Causes and Tiger Roll. That was as obvious an educational ride for Ballycasey as it was for others that have gone on to win in March having basically used this as a schooling session. Sat out the back, asked zero questions, then slices through the field before being 'asked' a few questions up the hill before being eased off to finish 5th. I was impressed with the way he took to his obstacles and think 20/1 is a decent price. Mick Fitzgerald was quick post race to say that he was the eye catcher and one to take from the race - I completely agree. I have a fairly big position on Tiger Roll but I will definitely be covering with Ballycasey @ 20/1

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                            Having just watched the Cheltenham trial from the 14th back I am convinced that Willie is doing with Ballycasey what Gordon has done in recent years with Cause of Causes and Tiger Roll. That was as obvious an educational ride for Ballycasey as it was for others that have gone on to win in March having basically used this as a schooling session. Sat out the back, asked zero questions, then slices through the field before being 'asked' a few questions up the hill before being eased off to finish 5th. I was impressed with the way he took to his obstacles and think 20/1 is a decent price. Mick Fitzgerald was quick post race to say that he was the eye catcher and one to take from the race - I completely agree. I have a fairly big position on Tiger Roll but I will definitely be covering with Ballycasey @ 20/1
                            Just watched it myself & agree he was extremely eye catching. Sat out the back early then travelled right into it on the second circuit, then seemed to be allowed to drop back before getting into it again, was the last off the bridle coming into the racecourse. Was giving up a stone plus to all the horses ahead of him too apart from Josies orders so the conditions of the race in March will be in his favour.

Comment

• Neither have the attitude of tiger tho just can’t see him get beat

Comment

• 20/1 is a big enough price to make me have a second or third look.

Is there a strong case to be made that the distance in this race is over stated and a 2 mile 4f horse has the exact right amount of pace for when they get to the hill?

That'd be a tick in Ballcaseys corner for me

Comment

Working...
                                X