Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sky Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started my own in the first week of July:

Week 1: Samcro & Laurina to win any race with Footpad and Presenting Percy to place - 22/1
    Week 2: Samcro, Laurina and Altior to win any race - 20/1
    Week 3: Samcro & Laurina to win any race with Footpad and Presenting Percy to place - 22/1
    Week 4: Gilgamboa(FH) & Penhill (SH) both place & Presenting Percy to win the GC & Laurina & Samcro both win any race - 250/1
    Week 5: Presenting Percy (6/1) and Penhill (7/1) to win GC and Stayers - 54/1

Comment

• These are the "free bets" I've got on Cheltenham 2019 so far - I'll keep this updated from now on.
      Total "Free Stake" = £393.69

Multiples (and/or) Specials:
      6/1 - Win Any Race - Samcro,Altior - £10 free
      25/1 - Win Any Race - Samcro,Laurina,Altior - £10 free
      33/1 - Place Any Race - Summerville Boy,Black Op,Santini,Might Bite - £15 free
      40/1 - Win Any race - Samcro,Laurina & Place Any Race - Black Op,Santini - £5 free
      104/1 - Monalee,Presenting Percy (Ryanair,Gold Cup) - £8.69 free

Supreme Novice Hurdle
      20/1 - Annamix - £20 free
      20/1 - Blackbow - £20 free
      25/1 - Hollowgraphic - £10 free

Arkle
      7/1 - Samcro - £20 free
      8/1 - Samcro - £20 free
      14/1 - Laurina - £10 free
      25/1 - Mengli Khan - £5 free
      25/1 - Paloma Blue - £5 free

Champion Hurdle
      14/1 - Min - £5 free
      16/1 - Min - £5 free
      12/1 - Laurina - £15 free
      40/1 - If The Cap Fits - £5 free

National Hunt Chase
      20/1 - Ballyward - £5 free

RSA Chase
      16/1 - Santini - £25 free
      12/1 - Santini - £10 free

Cross Country
      7/1 - Tiger Roll - £10 free

JLT
      16/1 - On The Blind Side - £20 free

Ryanair
      16/1 - Monalee - £10 free
      25/1 - Willoughby Court - £10 free

Stayers Hurdle
      7/1 - Penhill - £20 free

Gold Cup
      25/1 - Douvan - £20 free
      25/1 - Shattered Love - £20 free
      33/1 - Al Boum Photo - £15 free
      40/1 - Anibale Fly - £5 free
      40/1 - Balko Des Flos - £10 free

Foxhunters
      14/1 - Gilgamboa - £25 free

Comment

• The free bet king!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          These are the "free bets" I've got on Cheltenham 2019 so far - I'll keep this updated from now on.
          Total "Free Stake" = £393.69

Multiples (and/or) Specials:
          6/1 - Win Any Race - Samcro,Altior - £10 free
          25/1 - Win Any Race - Samcro,Laurina,Altior - £10 free
          33/1 - Place Any Race - Summerville Boy,Black Op,Santini,Might Bite - £15 free
          40/1 - Win Any race - Samcro,Laurina & Place Any Race - Black Op,Santini - £5 free
          104/1 - Monalee,Presenting Percy (Ryanair,Gold Cup) - £8.69 free

Supreme Novice Hurdle
          20/1 - Annamix - £20 free
          20/1 - Blackbow - £20 free
          25/1 - Hollowgraphic - £10 free

Arkle
          7/1 - Samcro - £20 free
          8/1 - Samcro - £20 free
          14/1 - Laurina - £10 free
          25/1 - Mengli Khan - £5 free
          25/1 - Paloma Blue - £5 free

Champion Hurdle
          14/1 - Min - £5 free
          16/1 - Min - £5 free
          12/1 - Laurina - £15 free
          40/1 - If The Cap Fits - £5 free

National Hunt Chase
          20/1 - Ballyward - £5 free

RSA Chase
          16/1 - Santini - £25 free
          12/1 - Santini - £10 free

Cross Country
          7/1 - Tiger Roll - £10 free

JLT
          16/1 - On The Blind Side - £20 free

Ryanair
          16/1 - Monalee - £10 free
          25/1 - Willoughby Court - £10 free

Stayers Hurdle
          7/1 - Penhill - £20 free

Gold Cup
          25/1 - Douvan - £20 free
          25/1 - Shattered Love - £20 free
          33/1 - Al Boum Photo - £15 free
          40/1 - Anibale Fly - £5 free
          40/1 - Balko Des Flos - £10 free

Foxhunters
          14/1 - Gilgamboa - £25 free
          Bloody hell Kev where do you get them all from

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            The free bet king!
            Some of them are with a view to making a book

Some are because I can't bring myself to have "real money" on

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
            Bloody hell Kev where do you get them all from
            Two thirds from Sky and PP. Due to the amount I stake a weekend I always hit their staking threshold for the free bet and then over the weeks/months the "money back if you finish 2nd or 3rd" do start to add up....

They're technically not FREE either. If you have to stake/pay money it isn't free - but its a nice bonus to have in the back of my mind to know that whilst I'm punting weekend to weekend, every "FREE" bet I get goes towards the festival...without fail.
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 July 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Yeah they do start to mount up Kev. Sadly Skybet don't give me any free bets

Comment

:

They're technically not FREE either. If you have to stake/pay money it isn't free - but its a nice bonus to have in the back of my mind to know that whilst I'm punting weekend to weekend, every "FREE" bet I get goes towards the festival...without fail.
                They are though if you lay your qualifying bets off on the exchange. I know you know I did this last year, but for any new members, I raised not far short of 2k in stake money for Cheltenham (this included laying many of these free bets on the exchange so they essentially turned into cash that I could use to back the Cheltenham horses I fancied at bigger prices with the other bookies). Not for everyone as took some time but for anyone on a tight budget like I was last year, it's worth considering. I'll still do a bit of this this year, but as my budget is not so tight and I'm now barred post Cheltenham from all Betway and Skybet free bet offers my options are somewhat limited now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                  They are though if you lay your qualifying bets off on the exchange. I know you know I did this last year, but for any new members, I raised not far short of 2k in stake money for Cheltenham (this included laying many of these free bets on the exchange so they essentially turned into cash that I could use to back the Cheltenham horses I fancied at bigger prices with the other bookies). Not for everyone as took some time but for anyone on a tight budget like I was last year, it's worth considering. I'll still do a bit of this this year, but as my budget is not so tight and I'm now barred post Cheltenham from all Betway and Skybet free bet offers my options are somewhat limited now.
                  Yes you're absolutely right ... and as you highlighted, the main issue is that it's a quick way to a restricted accounto unfortunately

I actually wish the advertising standards forbid the incorrect use of the term free ... 'buy one get one free' IT'S NOT FREE!!!!!!!

Comment

Some of them are with a view to making a book

Some are because I can't bring myself to have "real money" on

Two thirds from Sky and PP. Due to the amount I stake a weekend I always hit their staking threshold for the free bet and then over the weeks/months the "money back if you finish 2nd or 3rd" do start to add up....

I stake £25 a week with skybet to get £5 free. So if I increase stake to £50 does that mean I get £10? I mainly use Hills to take advantage of any race market. But they seem reluctant to give out free bets

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                      I stake £25 a week with skybet to get £5 free. So if I increase stake to £50 does that mean I get £10? I mainly use Hills to take advantage of any race market. But they seem reluctant to give out free bets
                      No Geordie, I can’t bring myself to divulge how much I stake a week with Sky but my weekly freebie is still only a fiver.
                      I get £50 free bets on Saturday first race specials.

To be honest, I never used to use these free bets until Kev shared his book a couple of years ago and if you can rack up £500 in freebies you’re foolish to ignore....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        No Geordie, I can’t bring myself to divulge how much I stake a week with Sky but my weekly freebie is still only a fiver.
                        I get £50 free bets on Saturday first race specials.

To be honest, I never used to use these free bets until Kev shared his book a couple of years ago and if you can rack up £500 in freebies you’re foolish to ignore....
                        Sorry Ista didn’t mean it to sound like I was asking for your stake, I agree I have used a lot more of free bets the last couple of years.

Comment

• It didn’t Geordie, point I was making is that it doesn’t matter what you bet the freebie is still only a fiver, bet £25 or £25k it doesn’t change.

Sky do some great money back offers and today there’s a free bet if your bet in 1.50 loses.
                          Max £50 but this varies per customer.
                          Opportunity to back a rag ew and if he/she doesn’t win you get a nice voucher for Cheltenham.

Good luck all

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            It didn’t Geordie, point I was making is that it doesn’t matter what you bet the freebie is still only a fiver, bet £25 or £25k it doesn’t change.

Sky do some great money back offers and today there’s a free bet if your bet in 1.50 loses.
                            Max £50 but this varies per customer.
                            Opportunity to back a rag ew and if he/she doesn’t win you get a nice voucher for Cheltenham.

Good luck all
                            I see what you mean. Although I normally make good enough profit, I feel I never make enough use of offers available etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              I see what you mean. Although I normally make good enough profit, I feel I never make enough use of offers available etc
                              It does take some doing and you have to be careful not to just be draining money in order to get them... I do usually take advntage of the sky one where it is money back if you come 2nd or 3rd however if the race is really difficult and I'm not sure I will hit the frame I can leave it...

The one today where you get the free bet regardless is a no brainer really... in my ever so humble opinion

Comment

• I fancy both of Middlesbrough and Brentford to go well this season. I’ve alrrady backed them both with cash and have used my free bet this week to have a small top up on Brentford each way @ 14/1 (4-places).

Week 1 - Canadian: Next Destination (RSA) 12/1, Altior (CC) 6/4, Samcro (JLT) 4/1, Monalee (Ryanair) 14/1, Might Bite (GC) 6/1
                                Week 2 - Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival - 25/1
                                Week 3 - Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival - 25/1
                                Week 4 - Altior, Laurina and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival - 25/1
                                Week 5 - Altior and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival - 13/2
                                Week 6 - September to win the 1000 Guineas & Epsom Oaks - 40/1
                                Week 7 - Canadian: Without Parole (2000 Guineas) 12/1, Wild Allusion (1000 Guineas) 13/2, Enable (Coronation Cup) 4/7, September (Oaks) 8/1, Saxon Warrior (Derby) 3/1
                                Week 8 - Nelson to win the Epsom Derby @ 14/1
                                Week 9 - Trixie: Idaho (9/1 Coronation Cup), La Ti Dar (3/1 Oaks) and Young Rascal (10/1 Derby)
                                Week 10 - Next Destination to win the RSA @ 10/1
                                Week 11 - Edward Lewis @ 9/1 to win the Epsom Dash
                                Week 12 - France, Germany and Brazil to win all three of their group matches each @ 20/1
                                Week 13 - Double - Come On Come On @ 7/4 (8:20 Windsor) & Without Parole @ 11/4 (St James’ Palace Stakes) NRNB
                                Week 14 - 3+ Royal Ascot winners for Wesley Ward @ 8/1
                                Week 15 - Blow By Blow for the NH Chase @ 25/1
                                Week 16 - Might Bite for the Gold Cup @ 5/1
                                Week 17 - Altior and Samcro to win any race at the 2019 Festival @ 6/1
                                Week 18 - Justin Rose each way (10 places) for The Open @ 14/1
                                Week 19 - Man City to win the Premier League, Watford to be relegated and Sunderland to win League 1 @ 18/1
                                Week 20 - Brentford to win the Championship (each way 4-places) @ 14/1

Comment

Working...
                                X