Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

New days for 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New days for 2019?

In the process of re-booking our accommodation for next year I noticed that the Jockey Club dates for next year's festival of the 12th to the 15th are provisional.
    On Oddschecker, all the dates for the big races are from Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th.
    Has anyone else noticed this, I can't find a post anywhere?

It's an error with Oddschecker. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Dates are 12th - 15th March.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      It's an error with Oddschecker. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Dates are 12th - 15th March.
      This confirmed FM? been on the site and it still says provisional dates.. need to book the week off work again!

Comment

It’s confirmed, tickets went on sale today

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          It’s confirmed, tickets went on sale today
          Check when the early discount ends, it was much earlier last year than in previous years and can catch you out if off the ball in the Summer...

Comment

Does anyone buy tickets for the grandstand (above the cottage Oak bar)? I'm considering it for next year but just wondered if it was good value, and much better than club tickets?

Comment

Does anyone buy tickets for the grandstand (above the cottage Oak bar)? I'm considering it for next year but just wondered if it was good value, and much better than club tickets?
              The reserved seats FM ?
              Used to do it every Thursday and thought it was OK, great view, bar, tote, Corals desk and toilets all within the dedicated facilities, it beats battling the masses.
              Might even re-consider that for next year as the gustapo stewards were ejecting anyone from lev 4 and 5 without a box badge, and wandering between boxes for a quick hello/beer has long been the norm, stewards were even entering boxes checking badges...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                The reserved seats FM ?
                Used to do it every Thursday and thought it was OK, great view, bar, tote, Corals desk and toilets all within the dedicated facilities, it beats battling the masses.
                Might even re-consider that for next year as the gustapo stewards were ejecting anyone from lev 4 and 5 without a box badge, and wandering between boxes for a quick hello/beer has long been the norm, stewards were even entering boxes checking badges...
                Thanks Ista - I'll look into it. I really enjoy being in the hustle and bustle but I was dead on my feet by Wednesday night. Ideally I'd like to spend a day in each but not sure if that's an option.

Comment

The reserved seats FM ?
                  Yet on Wednesday my wife and I took a spot for the Ballymore and when walking back to the bar discovered we had ended up in Club with Tatts tickets completely unsolicited

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                    Yet on Wednesday my wife and I took a spot for the Ballymore and when walking back to the bar discovered we had ended up in Club with Tatts tickets completely unsolicited
                    I think the crackdown was a result of poor stewarding and either complaints made or internal spot checks/auditors discovered issues...

Comment

I was given tickets for the members enclosure this year for the Wednesday
                      Nice bar,not too packed,good food,pint in a real glass
                      Terrace in the new stand to watch the racing
                      I was surprised when I checked how cheap membership was 395 plus a 100 one off payment
                      Worth considering if you were going for all four days of the festival
                      Covers every cheltenham meeting plus reciprocal meetings

Comment

Liam, I’d double check that, Cheltenham membership used to give you access to every meeting except the festival where you needed to buy tickets in addition to your membership cost, but that was some years ago and could have changed....

Comment

We get tickets for the grandstand every year and it's worth every penny - tickets cost £85 for a designated seat plus an entrance ticket but you don't need a club badge because it's part of Tatts.

Comment

Liam, I’d double check that, Cheltenham membership used to give you access to every meeting except the festival where you needed to buy tickets in addition to your membership cost, but that was some years ago and could have changed....
                            The £395 includes the fest, there's a £200 that excludes it.

Looks terrific value, but I went two days this year and it killed me, so maybe one for the future

Comment

If your planning on going all 4 days Membership is a no brainer. It’s ridiculous value; usually we do the festival plus the November and December meetings and even just for those 9 days £400 is nowt

Comment

Working...
                              X