Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    https://betting.betfair.com/guides/b...-stable-tours/

Stable tours from Elliot, Nicholls and Murphy. Good read.
    Very good read.And reading between the lines Elliot rates Mengli as a chaser which leaves the door open for Samrco for the champ hurd

Comment

• He's not a horse I'm that keen on but the 20/1 1/4 odds with Bet365 is too big for Mengli Khan in the Arkle. Now he's confirmed as going chasing.

Comment

• Just to make sure everyone can get excited early

Jenkins is entered in a 2m4 novice chase on Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          Just to make sure everyone can get excited early

And lil Rockerfeller going chasing

Comment

Just to make sure everyone can get excited early

Brilliant.
            I’ll probably hold off before smashing into him for the JLT....

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
              And lil Rockerfeller going chasing
              Hope Rocky goes well over fences. Not one for me with regards to the festival, but love the horse and hope all goes well

Comment

• Maria's Benefit going chasing as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                  Anywhere nice? Your input will be missed!
                  Nowhere nice, iv just backed the ones that I'm interested in taking an early punt on. And decided last year that I will keep the powder dry until nrnb kicks in. where my stakes are now, relative to my bank, i need to be as selective as possible and I wouldn't have a strong opinion if I haven't backed it up with my own cash
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 4 October 2018, 09:49 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Top Notch at 240/1 is that with a cash out in mind after debut? Or thinking of keeping it until the day?

I’ve got a couple of small stakes on the exchanges for the gold cup with that play in mind,

Comment

Top Notch at 240/1 is that with a cash out in mind after debut? Or thinking of keeping it until the day?

I’ve got a couple of small stakes on the exchanges for the gold cup with that play in mind,
                      Keeping it for the day is the plan, I rate him highly . I think with a better jump he'd have won the jlt, and he did very well last season. he could be anything over 3m+ He's not stopping. I personally see him as a real gold cup contender this season .
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                        I noticed you've backed Energumene for the Bumper FM. Do you have any info on him? He was one that caught my eye reading the comments in One Jump Ahead.
                        Tony Bloom has bought Energumene, trained by WPM.

Comment

• Used Any race alot of more this year and quite pleased with the few I have down so far (all 2 points):

Danny Kirwan 15.3/1 (WH boosted)
                          Pym 22/1
                          Hollowgraphic 15.3/1 (WH boosted)
                          Blow By Blow 17.5/1 (WH boosted)
                          Delta Work 22/1 (WH boosted)

Had both Samcro (8/1) & Santini (15/1) early in the RSA market, Samcro one could easily be dead in the water soon if he hurdles so no prizes for guessing what I want to see him running over

I've also got Percy in a double with Altior and a seperate one with Percy & D'Air. As much as it pains me to say it he looks the best option for the Gold Cup right now in my eyes, although I won't be discounting my namesake just yet as he certainly has the heart to pull it out the bag again!

The Ryanair I have Monalee at 15/1 & Willoughby Court at 25/1. As I have seen others say Monalee just looks so suited by that distance.

I have a few other multiples that cover off things like Samcro going CH etc, with the only other singles I have so far being ITCF at 40/1 for the CH & Mengli Khan at 25/1 for the arkle. I've made my comments on Mengli previously, I'm a big fan of his and am still adamant that on better ground he would've been very close in the Supreme, and was encouraged to read in Elliot's stable tour that he mentioned the arkle for him, as expected really but nice for a bit of confirmation!

Comment

• I really don't get the consensus that Monalee is best at 2m5f. It's far from a reliable measure but his best RPRs have come at 3 miles and he's shown no sign of stopping when run over a trip. It's no disgrace to be outstayed by Penhill and Presenting Percy.
                            I'm a big believer that a horse's best chance in the Gold Cup is at the first attempt and when it is approaching it's peak. Monalee will be 8 next March and fits the bill very well. The programme in Ireland allows Gold Cup horses to start off at 2m4f or 3m with Leopardstown at Christmas a natural staging post. If he were mine I'd be aiming there and taking a view about Cheltenham after that.

Comment

• Couple that with the trainer having Balko Des Flos (runs tomorrow) for the Ryanair. I agree Monalee will be aimed at the Gold Cup, until results dictate otherwise.

Comment

• Some good points raised on Monalee going for 3 miles I must admit my main reason for wanting him over the intermediate trip is that for me he's shown more of a pace to cope with that and is one of the better horses over the trip around in my eyes. I don't doubt that he can stay the 3 miles but I just think he lacks that edge to quite see it out over a Gold Cup trip, I can't wait to see this phrase come back to make me look stupid come March though

Comment

Working...
                                X