Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers Comply or die and Scooby, hes one ive heard is going well and might be out soon, think they are after keeping his novice status for next season first.

Comment

• Scooby, you mentioned Klassical Dream, does the new owner put you off?

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
        Scooby, you mentioned Klassical Dream, does the new owner put you off?
        "Mr John Coleman" registered on the HRI registrations page. Dosent particularly put me off as everyone gets a fair crack at it. I deffinately wouldn't be backing antepost however. But he has the potential to be a smart novice. May even run this season in the punchestown juvenile and retain his status. I'd have thought he will end up over further than 2 miles too.

Is he realistically going to be winning a grade 1 at Cheltenham next year...
        Not imo on what he's done. But he's a raw one that interests me to see what mullins can get out of him.

I won't be backing any novice this side of Christmas I hope.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 23 March 2018, 07:46 AM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          "Mr John Coleman" registered on the HRI registrations page. Dosent particularly put me off as everyone gets a fair crack at it. I deffinately wouldn't be backing antepost however. But he has the potential to be a smart novice. May even run this season in the punchestown juvenile and retain his status. I'd have thought he will end up over further than 2 miles too.

Not imo on what he's done. But he's a raw one that interests me to see what mullins can get out of him.

I certainly won't be backing any for specific races either (3 years running, surely I have learnt my lesson by now ), have however ventured into the 'any race' market for the first time ever this early on though.

Comment

• Tom George and Roger Brookhouse might have another one for next years supreme lined up in 'Good man jim'
            Micheal Goff put him up as the best he's ever had...went for 360,000 back at nov chelt sales...i've also noted that when he won his maiden the reat of Goff's stable were sick at the time too...

Comment

• Love this thread. My one bet I will be trying with free bets etc is

B’Dair - CH
              Laurina - Mares
              Penhill -Stayers

Comment

• Even though the stayers hurdle was run at a snails pace and favoured finishers i still think Penhill is a good bet for next year...I think Laurina will have to contend with a different Apples jade next year, Apples apparantly came into season at this years Fest and that is being put up as the excuse for poor run...who knows...

Comment

• When assessing Penhill’s performance it’s worth noting the route he took, 3 wide for much of the race so will have travelled a fair bit further than the rest, there’s more in the tank, only a daring Winter flat campaign can scupper his defence I feel....

Comment

• Completely agree. Lets hope willie gets his wish and he stays in his box this summer....any thoughts on summervillie boy going up in trip next season? I cant have him in the ch on normal fest ground....maybe stayers for him too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
                      Completely agree. Lets hope willie gets his wish and he stays in his box this summer....any thoughts on summervillie boy going up in trip next season? I cant have him in the ch on normal fest ground....maybe stayers for him too?
                      Stayers? For the Supreme winner? I can’t see that happening in any way whatsoever

Comment

• Normally i would agree with you but i dont think we had a normal festival.Summerville needed every inch of that supreme in the mud and hes got plenty of stamina on dams side. Just a thought from outside the box..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

Cheers Scooby

Comment

• Does anyone else other than me think that Balko Des Flos is unconsidered for the Gold Cup. What have Giggi got for this next year? He won the Ryanair very well and the form looks solid to me. I think he might be stepped up in trip. I'm on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              When assessing Penhill’s performance it’s worth noting the route he took, 3 wide for much of the race so will have travelled a fair bit further than the rest, there’s more in the tank, only a daring Winter flat campaign can scupper his defence I feel....
                              Unfortunately, despite saying Penhill "isn't suited to being trained for the flat" ... Mullins has suggested Penhill has a target on the flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Unfortunately, despite saying Penhill "isn't suited to being trained for the flat" ... Mullins has suggested Penhill has a target on the flat.
                                Is the Melbourne Cup the aim? It's a race that Tony Bloom is desperate to win by all accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X