Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    Back to the drawing boards for me with this race toady. Had to cash out on my Blow By Blow ticket after he was jacked 5lbs in the weights after a slightly flattered victory lto. Phil Smith must have missed Roaring Bulls fall at the last

I reckon Dortmund Park is after getting a nice lenient mark. He was travelling best of all in the grade 1 staying novices hurdle at Leopardstown with about 3 furlongs to go and i think his previous race less than two weeks before Leopardstown (on very heavy ground) had bottomed him out somewhat and he didn't find as much for pressure as he had done in the past. A six week break from the track should have him freshened up and ready to roll.
    Mad keen on Dortmund Park myself Sean. The good ground might actually help him too if we get it, as his French CHampion Bumper win was on that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Mad keen on Dortmund Park myself Sean. The good ground might actually help him too if we get it, as his French CHampion Bumper win was on that...
      Yeah true that, Gordon keeps saying the heavy ground we've had in Ireland all winter hasn't suited him. He's plenty of options but not sure he has the class to really compete for a Ballymore. So it'll be this race or the Albert Bartlett. Gordon generally sends more experienced horses to the Coral.

Comment

• DP has also had a wind op.

Comment

Yeah true that, Gordon keeps saying the heavy ground we've had in Ireland all winter hasn't suited him. He's plenty of options but not sure he has the class to really compete for a Ballymore. So it'll be this race or the Albert Bartlett. Gordon generally sends more experienced horses to the Coral.
          Originally posted by Folski View Post
          DP has also had a wind op.
          Didn't know he'd had a wind op. Certainly not a negative.

I've actually got him backed in both NRNB so quite happy for him to line up in either... I suppose this race is technically more winnable, and if he's being considered for this, it means they think he's held by Cracking Smart? Then again, if he goes AB, you have to take that as a vote of confidence too?

Comment

I've actually got him backed in both NRNB so quite happy for him to line up in either... I suppose this race is technically more winnable, and if he's being considered for this, it means they think he's held by Cracking Smart? Then again, if he goes AB, you have to take that as a vote of confidence too?
            Judging by the noises out of the stable Cracking Smart is Gigginstown's AB horse. Which again leads me to guess this will be the route for Dortmund Park.

Comment

Judging by the noises out of the stable Cracking Smart is Gigginstown's AB horse. Which again leads me to guess this will be the route for Dortmund Park.
              He's the Kevloaf Albert Bartlett horse too I think... if I was forced to pick just 1.

What price have you got DP at? Still available 16/1 NRNB - that is too big.

Comment

Dortmund Park - Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle: 14/1
                He’s got a lot of entries and he’s had one of those famous wind operations. What is the rule with the Irish going over to England? Ah, you have to declare them. He's in the Martin Pipe, Albert Bartlett, it will be one or the other.

Gordon Elliott is vying for favouritism in the betting to be leading trainer at the 2018 Cheltenham Festival - get the latest on his main contenders, including Apple's Jade and Samcro.

Comment

Back to the drawing boards for me with this race toady. Had to cash out on my Blow By Blow ticket after he was jacked 5lbs in the weights after a slightly flattered victory lto. Phil Smith must have missed Roaring Bulls fall at the last

I reckon Dortmund Park is after getting a nice lenient mark. He was travelling best of all in the grade 1 staying novices hurdle at Leopardstown with about 3 furlongs to go and i think his previous race less than two weeks before Leopardstown (on very heavy ground) had bottomed him out somewhat and he didn't find as much for pressure as he had done in the past. A six week break from the track should have him freshened up and ready to roll.
                  Added DP & also Whiskey Sour to my Martin Pipe book last night. I think both have sound chances.

I hadn't realised until I checked but I now have 4 in this race and still want to add one more

Comment

• Got to have the mullins horses covered here due to his record in the race. Hard to tell which ones will line up as most also entered for coral cup. Have a bit on whisky sour but Deal D’estruval would be a bigger fancy for me

Comment

He's the Kevloaf Albert Bartlett horse too I think... if I was forced to pick just 1.

What price have you got DP at? Still available 16/1 NRNB - that is too big.
                      Thankfully got some of the 16/1 NRNB that was still available last night Kev. Gone now. Are you on at a juicy price?

Comment

Thankfully got some of the 16/1 NRNB that was still available last night Kev. Gone now. Are you on at a juicy price?
                        No not for this. I requested the price before he won and got offered 10s after he won it!

Took 16s myself

Comment

• JJ Slevin will be riding Early Doors for Jospeh O'Brien because he can still claim in England.
                          Grade 1 horse in a handicap and Joseph says it is his (one of three) best chances of the week... Rhinsestone and Edwulf were the others all e/w chances.

Betfair are 33/1 still...

I know some people are already on

Comment

JJ Slevin will be riding Early Doors for Jospeh O'Brien because he can still claim in England.
                            Grade 1 horse in a handicap and Joseph says it is his (one of three) best chances of the week... Rhinsestone and Edwulf were the others all e/w chances.

Betfair are 33/1 still...

I know some people are already on
                            I'd be dissapointed if he diddnt go close. He's been crying out for a trip imo, hes a real galloper. And I'd be hoping he could develop into a Stayers hurdle horse.
                            Reeks of hiding his true ability behind a 2m trip.
                            Iv no doubt he's the best horse in this race, all be it he's rated towards the top.. He's alot better than 142 though imo. JJ takes a small claim.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 5 March 2018, 06:57 AM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              I'd be dissapointed if he diddnt go close. He's been crying out for a trip imo, hes a real galloper. And I'd be hoping he could develop into a Stayers hurdle horse.
                              Reeks of hiding his true ability behind a 2m trip.
                              Iv no doubt he's the best horse in this race, all be it he's rated towards the top.. He's alot better than 142 though imo. JJ takes a small claim.
                              3lbs is his claim which he's good value for.

Comment

• I would have my doubts about any JP horse tipped by the trainer. Would be far more interested in anything not mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X