Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kim Muir 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jono View Post
    A better run ideally but all the positives and reasons that appealed before are still there and haven't changed, and if anything his mark may go down on the back of today. I'm always happy to allow for a bad run but when you get 2 in a row, it is a bit of a worry and he may just be out of form (he was in good form coming into the festival last year) but I feel like if he turns up theres enough reasons why he can run a much better race.

Bet365 have gone 33/1 after today understandably. Cash out is 0.9pt for 1pt so I've actually cashed out (1pt EW) and re-staked at the bigger returns. Betfair preview this Wednesday so hopefully he gets a mention then.

Thanks for that Jono, just done the very same thing

Comment

Squouateur - Kim Muir Handicap Chase: 6/1

The Kim Muir is the plan. He ran very well at Cheltenham last year and unseated Jamie [Codd] at the third last when going very well. His run at the Paddy Power at Christmas wouldn’t be good enough, he landed on top of a fence and it all just happened too quick for him. The Kim Muir is made for him. It’ll be either Jamie or Derek O’Connor taking the ride.

Not just for this race, but Elliott clearly spoken to both? Or JP a factor?
      Anyone read anything in to that?
      Or does he have another? Sutton Manor?

Comment

Always look at pipe horses in the Kim Muir... does anyone know if Dell Arca is a likely runner? Won a pertemps qualifier over the distance in good style earlier in the season, but has since reverted to chasing, given a real plot ride last time. A mark of 140 should be lovely for this

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
          Always look at pipe horses in the Kim Muir... does anyone know if Dell Arca is a likely runner? Won a pertemps qualifier over the distance in good style earlier in the season, but has since reverted to chasing, given a real plot ride last time. A mark of 140 should be lovely for this
          Hi Rob,
          I think he goes Pertempts. Im watching his entries very closely.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Hi Rob,
            I think he goes Pertempts. Im watching his entries very closely.
            They’re definitely up to something with him, form so inconsistent but clearly talented when the handbrake is off. Rated 145 over hurdles and 140 fences... if hurdles the plan not sure why they’d let him romp in by 5 lengths in that Newbury qualifier when already qualified... will keep an eye on him too

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
              They’re definitely up to something with him, form so inconsistent but clearly talented when the handbrake is off. Rated 145 over hurdles and 140 fences... if hurdles the plan not sure why they’d let him romp in by 5 lengths in that Newbury qualifier when already qualified... will keep an eye on him too
              Keep your eyes peeled Rob.

Comment

General Principle and Space Cadet. Has Gordon said anything about these two? I would like a few points before considering NRNB.

Comment

Katie Walsh booked to ride Sugar Baron for Henderson.

Hi Nicky, I’ve fancied SUGAR BARON for a while now for the Kim Muir, is that still the target?

Yes, that is very much the target and I have just booked Katie Walsh to ride.
                  6th in the race last season off a mark of 135 (jockey claiming 3). Will be running off 137 this time.
                  The jockey isn't enough to tempt me at 16/1 best price but anyone fancy him?

Comment

6th in the race last season off a mark of 135 (jockey claiming 3). Will be running off 137 this time.
                    Did incredibly well to finish 6th last year. Looked beaten 5 out. Came from nowhere to come 6th like. Of course I backed him for the Scottish National after when he fell at the first. Scottish National could be on the agenda this year too..

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

Katie Walsh on Sugar Baron... I assumed she'd be booked for Mall Dini....less likely he comes to this race now then?

I seem to remember reading in Hendo's blog that the Scottish NAtional was the target for Sugar BAron but he might take in the Kim Muir...

Would always prefer to back in the race I knew was the confirmed overall target...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Katie Walsh on Sugar Baron... I assumed she'd be booked for Mall Dini....less likely he comes to this race now then?

I seem to remember reading in Hendo's blog that the Scottish NAtional was the target for Sugar BAron but he might take in the Kim Muir...

Would always prefer to back in the race I knew was the confirmed overall target...
                        Sugar Baron beaten a neck having jumped the last in 10th place - best bet of the meeting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Maybe Nina for Mall Dini? Assuming O'Connor on Pendra & Codd on Squouateur now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

I have backed Sugar baron at 16-1 for this race , But t.b.h it was a pure guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                              Sugar Baron beaten a neck having jumped the last in 10th place - best bet of the meeting!

Katie Walsh is worth more than 3lbs from Mr J Newman?
                              Katie Walsh is worth more than 3 lbs from Mr H Hunt on that Cheltenham 2nd in November that BoF is talking about?

Shows a bit more intent than last year perhaps?

Comment

• Patrick Mullins riding Mall Dini?

Comment

Working...
                                X