Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kim Muir 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    That'd mean he needs to win/go close this weekend and then he'd not run here though was my thinking?
    Yeah - that's a possible scenario. Now you mention it, I think he was bought with the Grand National in mind when the Waley-Cohen's got him.

Comment

DE PLOTTING SHED 143 that's a result unless phil gives him 3 pounds. Very happy with that.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        DE PLOTTING SHED 143 that's a result unless phil gives him 3 pounds. Very happy with that.
        Phil could easily give him another 8

Comment

I can't remember where I saw this but I think Phil's average inflation is just under 4lbs for the Irish horses at Cheltenham. You could still get lucky.

Comment

Land of hope and glory 132
            Looks well handicapped. Obvioisly over shorter.

Drumacoo very interesting of 135.
            Bel ami de sivola somewhere of 130 before chelt.

Apache stronghold on 141 if he came back to anywhere near his best that's very low.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 23 January 2018, 08:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Declared to run at Gowran tomorrow in the 2m beginners chase.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                Declared to run at Gowran tomorrow in the 2m beginners chase.
                Will he scrape in? 33s NRNB still around with 365

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                  I think he will personally if that's the route they decide to go down. but your guess is as good as mine

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                    I think he will personally if that's the route they decide to go down. but your guess is as good as mine
                    Certainly has some backform at the trip that would be interesting.

Beaten the last 3 times at 3m but that was in 2 grade 1s and a grade 2 where he was far from disgraced in any of them really... and the 3L second to Presenting Percy first time out this year is good form too...

I can see why 33/1 NRNB would appeal....

Comment

Donn

Squouateur
                      Squouateur did well to finish third in the Paddy Power Chase. Held up towards the rear of the field through the early stages of the race by Barry Geraghty, his jumping wasn’t overly fluent on occasion, and he was no better than 12th as they turned after jumping the third last fence. He got caught in traffic a little as they turned for home, but he stayed on well over the last and up the run-in on the far side to take third place behind Anibale Fly and Ucello Conti.

Gordon Elliott’s horse was well beaten by the winner, but he was only beaten a length by his stable companion for the runner-up spot, and he battled on bravely to get the better of another stable companion Potters Point for third. It was a fine run by JP McManus’ horse, coming from the rear, as he did. It was a race in which it was probably an advantage to race prominently from early. The early leader, Vieux Morvan, a 40/1 shot, kept on for fifth place, and the horses who were involved in the finish all raced prominently. Indeed, Squouateur was the only one of the first eight home who was held up early on.

The handicapper raised him 2lb for this to a mark of 135, which was fair enough, and it still leaves him as a potentially well-handicapped horse, it still leaves him 6lb below his hurdles mark. Hopefully his jumping will improve, it probably needs to, but he has just turned seven so he still has plenty of potential for progression. He was travelling well even though he was well back in the field well when he unseated in the Kim Muir at Cheltenham last March, and it may be that that will be the target again this season. He could also be an Irish National horse, he ran well over 2m in his only chase at Fairyhouse and he is two for two over hurdles there.

Leopardstown, 27th December 2017

Comment

Wanted to look at this race as Squouateur came up on another thread...

2009 Character Building 9 11–12 Jamie Codd John Quinn
                        2010 Ballabriggs 9 11–12 Richard Harding Donald McCain, Jr.
                        2011 Junior 8 11-06 Jamie Codd David Pipe
                        2012 Sunnyhillboy 9 11-11 Alan Berry Jonjo O'Neill
                        2013 Same Difference 7 11-07 Ryan Hatch Nigel Twiston-Davies
                        2014 Spring Heeled 7 11-06 Robbie McNamara Jim Culloty
                        2015 The Package 12 11-04 Jamie Codd David Pipe
                        2016 Cause of Causes 8 11-09 Jamie Codd Gordon Elliott
                        2017 Domesday Book 7 11-04 Gina Andrews Stuart Edmunds

From that, nothing carrying a low weight has won in the last 10, so 'classier' the better?

Pipe has a ridiculous record recently, (gault last year) D/M Pipe trained four of the last 14 with The Package, Junior, Royal Predica and Maximise. Also Faasel has been second in both 2011 and 2010. Ran four in 2016 including Dr Harper fav and disappointing, Amigo 5th at 33s and Top Wood 25s 'disputing close second when fell 4 out'.

In 2017 he had Doctor Harper finish 7th, 14th and a PU too.

Broadway Buffalo (flagged up on page 1 by cpfcpatriot on page 1) is now 10 but looks to be the most likely candidate for him? 20/1 NRNB available... horse certainly stays and came 2nd to Cause of Causes over 4m at Cheltenham in 2015. 4th placed finish too as mentioned and Codd/Katie Walsh have both ridden him in the past.

He is still on my radar in a race that the fav is just too short to consider at this stage IMO

Comment

Does anyone fancy Mall Dini for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbo82 View Post
                            Does anyone fancy Mall Dini for this?
                            Their declared intention was Mall Dini to go for the 4 miler, but they're shrewd and could ultimately change their mind late on.

If they do that, he'd be in with a good shout.

Happy with my position on Broadway Buffalo, if he runs he won't be close to 20/1 IMO.

Comment

Looks like they’ve changed their mind....

From Johnny Ward today:

"The Red Mills Chase on Saturday at Gowran is on the agenda for Presenting Percy, who is being aimed at the RSA Chase. I'd say more likely Mall Dini will run in the Kim Muir at Cheltenham, a race he ran well in when unlucky last year, and I'd be hopeful, even though we haven't much time, that he will get a run before then.

Comment

You called it right yesterday cpfc.

Im pleased to read that, I'm with you at 33s here! Assumed it was off the cards for the time being

More winnable as he doesn't scream out for 4 miles?

Comment

Working...
                                X