Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill be attending the yorkshire racing club preview on tuesday 6th march, will post any info i get:

Tuesday 6th March 2018 at 7:45pm at The Pudsey Liberal Club

Gareth Topham is in the Chair with Special Guests: -

Andrew Thornton – Jockey and William Hill TV Analyst.

Andy Holding – Broadcaster, Journalist and Pundit.

Luke Elder – William Hill Presenter and Pundit.

David Carr – Racing Post Journalist

Comment

Couldn’t see anything on Facebook apart from the announcement of the event.

Comment

The Facebook Live at Ascot after racing yesterday had technical issues so I only caught the end at about 10 minutes. Being this early it was pretty vague but a few snippets from Nicholls...

JLT:

Runs Modus

Pertemps:

I run Connetable - not beaten too far the other day at Musselborugh. Stays forever, open looking race you never know.

Kim Muir (& 4 Miler):

Lorcan Williams (rode Virak yesterday) is the stable ametuer for these races

Triumph

Probably no runner. My juveniles will run in the Fred Winter. Likes Redicean

Gold Cup

Saphir du Rheu - could run a decent race but best chance will be at Aintree after.
        Might Bite very hard to beat, the rest in and out.

Foxhunters:

Lorcan Williams will ride Virak
        Sam Waley-Cohen will ride Wonderful Charm (main hope)
        Unioniste by his owner David Maxwell
        Pacha du Polder by Harriett Tucker (will ride her on Wednesday and give her a chance like Brony Frost last year) - the horse probably not quite what he was last year

Martin Pipe

Will have plenty in the race but none confirmed

Grand Annual

Tommy Silver been waiting for this race and better ground.

When asked about his Mares - no chance at the festival. PN keen on Laurina - hard to beat.

Movewiththetimes, Roman de Senam and Black Corton singled out at the end.

Comment

Thanks jono. Anyone catch where MWTT was singled out for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Thanks jono. Anyone catch where MWTT was singled out for?
            Don’t think he was, think he was just mentioned as part of a group going there with a chance on likely nicer ground..

Comment

If anyone spots live tweets from a preview post ia link on here and I will try and convert into mini preview

Comment

I got an email from the folks at Westmanstown about their preview night (no Davy ffs)

The Cheltenham preview night is taking place on Wednesday 7th March 2018 at 8pm.

The line up is as follows:
                Ruby Walsh, Jack Kennedy, Sean Flanagan & Rachael Blackmore, (all jockeys).
                Warren Greatrex (UK Trainer), Dave Jennings (Racing post), Denis Kirwan ( MC), Andy Gibson (racing analyst & TV pundit), Paddy Power (Bookmaker) & Willie Mullins by phone (Trainer).

Comment

Anyone have anything from last nights Preview? The Goat Bar in Dublin one?

Comment

Wetherbys preview night with Dan Skelton...regular tweets on this account

Comment

Scroll down to all videos and you can watch the preview if you wish.

Gives me something to do before the gym tomorrow morning, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                        https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bettrend...055566/videos/

Scroll down to all videos and you can watch the preview if you wish.

Gives me something to do before the gym tomorrow morning, lol.
                        I can only see last year's preview Tim. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          I can only see last year's preview Tim. Am I doing something wrong?
                          I clicked that link, and the featured video is actually part 1 of last nights preview.

If you go below that to 'All Videos', the preview is the first few vids on the top row.

Comment

I clicked that link, and the featured video is actually part 1 of last nights preview.

If you go below that to 'All Videos', the preview is the first few vids on the top row.
                            I forgot to say that I found it earlier Tim. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I forgot to say that I found it earlier Tim. Thanks for the link.
                              Good stuff, glad you managed to get it sorted.

I got bombarded with work this morning, so still haven't had time to watch. Will try and sneak it in tomorrow, before racing.

Comment

Good stuff, glad you managed to get it sorted.

I got bombarded with work this morning, so still haven't had time to watch. Will try and sneak it in tomorrow, before racing.
                                I didn't do much at work this afternoon, just put the headphones in a zoned out

Comment

Working...
                                X