Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fred Winter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    With the negativity about Apple's Shakira's run, but her still being fav for the Triumph, and then counter arguements that actually she was more impressive than it appeared...

Does anyone like the horse that gave her "a fright", Look My Way - Now rated 135, going straight there... Quinn said: "He ran a very good race and we're very pleased with him.

"We've given him an entry in the Triumph Hurdle, but at this stage I'd say the Fred Winter is more likely. He was rated 130 before Saturday and he's 135 now, so I would think he'll go straight there.

"He coped with the ground well the other day, but it was very soft and he isn't the biggest horse in the world and I do think he might be a bit better on better ground."

20/1 best price. Not for me....
    I thought Look my way was impressive on Saturday , and IF Apples shakira is the one to beat (triumph),L.M.Way worth a small bet
    in this , the Fred Winter.@ 20-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
      Alan King got a French horse Ballywood likely to go straight for this off 135... no idea how his french form stacks up, hoping Scooby can maybe do his thing...

I know of Ballywood. He was chasing in November.

He beat Equemauville (3rd)
      Equemauville finished only 3 lengths behind SPINOZZAR the last twice and in turn finished infront of TUNIS POL and Pesk Ebrel**which is good and graded form.

I just backed Pesk Ebrel* ew nrnb at 50s for the triumph today

SIGNIFIANT ran Balllywood quite close and finished infront of
      Equemauville which leaves me to believe the latter has come on considerably for the experience and you can't take ballywoods form as literal.

It's hard the get a handle on without seeing the other fred winter marks. I'd describe his mark as fair, In a race there's potential to be some silly ones. I wouldn't put you off him.

If pesk ebrel was given a simular mark for the fred winter id be all over him. Obviously has the triumph entry and every reason to be very competative there.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 1 February 2018, 07:51 PM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        Alan King got a French horse Ballywood likely to go straight for this off 135... no idea how his french form stacks up, hoping Scooby can maybe do his thing...
        Ballywood

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I know of Ballywood. He was chasing in November.

He beat Equemauville (3rd)
          Equemauville finished only 3 lengths behind SPINOZZAR the last twice and in turn finished infront of TUNIS POL and Pesk Ebrel**which is good and graded form.

I just backed Pesk Ebrel* ew nrnb at 50s for the triumph today

SIGNIFIANT ran Balllywood quite close and finished infront of
          Equemauville which leaves me to believe the latter has come on considerably for the experience and you can't take ballywoods form as literal.

It's hard the get a handle on without seeing the other fred winter marks. I'd describe his mark as fair, In a race there's potential to be some silly ones. I wouldn't put you off him.

If pesk ebrel was given a simular mark for the fred winter id be all over him. Obviously has the triumph entry and every reason to be very competative there.
          Cheers, probably one to hold fire on til see other marks but ballywood is tempting at 20s with that decent level of form, target seemingly confirmed, and King apparently delighted with his work. Would love to see Sao get an entry next few weeks to see where he stands as well

Comment

Act of valour is a confirmed runner here

Comment

Act of valour is a confirmed runner here
              Thanks for the update Scooby Will get his new mark on the 13th, next Tuesday...

What do you hope he'll get?
              What do you think he'll get?
              And what mark would you say he's got a chance on?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                Thanks for the update Scooby Will get his new mark on the 13th, next Tuesday...

What do you hope he'll get?
                What do you think he'll get?
                And what mark would you say he's got a chance on?
                Somewhere round 136 I'd be very happy with. Might be a bit optimistic.
                Look my way is 135 and act of valour was running on soft then. He was genuinely sick the first time against we have a dream. And had a bit of time off before meeting him again on ground he wouldn't be relishing. He wouldn't be fully wound up for that.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 9 February 2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE

A juvenile horse shall ONLY be qualified to run in this race IF IT HAS RAN A MINIMUM OF 3 TIMES in hurdle races in Ireland, France or great Britain in accordance to rule F.

So the likes of Sao, as I thought was the case, wouldn't be given a mark and couldn't go straight here
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 10 February 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE

A juvenile horse shall ONLY be qualified to run in this race IF IT HAS RAN A MINIMUM OF 3 TIMES in hurdle races in Ireland, France or great Britain in accordance to rule F.

So the likes of Sao, as I thought was the case, wouldn't be given a mark and couldn't go straight here
                    Isn't he going to run in the Adonis though..... so obviously he won't be coming straight here and that'd be 3rd run?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Isn't he going to run in the Adonis though..... so obviously he won't be coming straight here and that'd be 3rd run?
                      Sao and birds of prey to the Adonis atm. But there was talk a few pages back of Nichols asking for a mark and going straight here. Wouldn't be possible.
                      The plan would obviously be for him to win the Adonis and go triumph. Dosent always work out as planned but.... its plan A
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 10 February 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Would be the case for eoline jolie only had the 1 run so won't get 2 more in. I see she's registered now. So might get a run shortly For the triumph Theres no novice status to protect.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 10 February 2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Pesk ebrel would be the most interesting mark I want to see. He should be right up there in the triumph but might get lucky with a mark for this, As there's no string of 1s next to his name but his form is as good as anything in the triumph, bar none

Comment

Have the rules changed then? He went straight to the Fred Winter with Diego Du Charmil as he couldn’t believe the handicap mark he’d been allocated. I thought they’d do the same with Sao but if there going to the Adonis then the Triumph sounds more likely?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              Have the rules changed then? He went straight to the Fred Winter with Diego Du Charmil as he couldn’t believe the handicap mark he’d been allocated. I thought they’d do the same with Sao but if there going to the Adonis then the Triumph sounds more likely?

No change in rules.
                              Diego had 3 runs prior

Comment

Scoob you have a vast knowledge on these French recruits and working out there form, if you were spending my tenner.. who would you have it on?

Comment

Working...
                                X