Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fred Winter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qzy View Post
    All tiny shares...
    Hero's Creek (will run well today), Premier Bond, Divine Spear, Flemeskill, Captain Woodie, Du Destin, Duke Debarry, Aarmans Wish, Wise Disguise, Ringleader, Jens Boy a Special Kaldoun gelding and a Stowaway filly over Jumps.
    Cribbs Causeway, Fools and Kings, Lester Kris, Lexington Law, Saryshagaan, Indomeneo, Ventura Knight, Timoshenko, Lexington Flair, Tigre Du Terre (looking fantastic this year), Sopranos Rock are the 3 and 4 year old horses.
    And quite a few 2 year olds
    Thanks qzy Nice spread of horses... must be entertaining all year around!

Comment

All tiny shares...
      Hero's Creek (will run well today), Premier Bond, Divine Spear, Flemeskill, Captain Woodie, Du Destin, Duke Debarry, Aarmans Wish, Wise Disguise, Ringleader, Jens Boy a Special Kaldoun gelding and a Stowaway filly over Jumps.
      Cribbs Causeway, Fools and Kings, Lester Kris, Lexington Law, Saryshagaan, Indomeneo, Ventura Knight, Timoshenko, Lexington Flair, Tigre Du Terre (looking fantastic this year), Sopranos Rock are the 3 and 4 year old horses.
      And quite a few 2 year olds
      Morning qzy, Is Divine spear still aimed at the close Bros on day 1 ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        Morning qzy, Is Divine spear still aimed at the close Bros on day 1 ?.

He has been dropped to 141 so we could be borderline getting in now!

Comment

He has been dropped to 141 so we could be borderline getting in now!
          Will be right on the button you'd imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
            Will be right on the button you'd imagine.
            Last update....
            There are 78 entered. 17 English horses rated between 145 and 142, then a further 6 rated 141. There is a maximum field of 20 who can run, with 2 reserves. Obviously many (like us) are entered for multiple races.

The Irish entries though haven't been allocated their GB marks yet - so added to the above will no doubt be some of their 20 entries. Even so you would think we would have a decent chance of running if we go that route (which remains Plan A).

That said, Nicky has decided to keep Divine Spear in the JLT today (at least for now). He wants to keep that option open.

Comment

Last update....
              There are 78 entered. 17 English horses rated between 145 and 142, then a further 6 rated 141. There is a maximum field of 20 who can run, with 2 reserves. Obviously many (like us) are entered for multiple races.

The Irish entries though haven't been allocated their GB marks yet - so added to the above will no doubt be some of their 20 entries. Even so you would think we would have a decent chance of running if we go that route (which remains Plan A).

That said, Nicky has decided to keep Divine Spear in the JLT today (at least for now). He wants to keep that option open.
              Well , as i originally bet on him for the j.l.t ,s'pose that's good news .(for me )

Comment

• Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                Requested Oxford blu to the market for olly Murphy, ran yesterday came 2nd didn't see the race but this is his Target in his blog , just used my free bet on it ew with sky bet 33-1. Dickie rode it yesterday , possibly take the ride at the festival aswell.
                The presence of Redicean at the head of the weights for the £80,000 Boodles Fred Winter has given the race a strange look, but given that entries closed long before Alan King’s exciting juvenile had destroyed his rivals in the Adonis (and earned a 12lb hike in the ratings as a consequence), it was a sensible precaution to put him in.

As such a substantial rise in the weights is assured meaning that some of those set to carry very low weights - such as the Olly Murphy-trained Oxford Blu - will get in nicely in the middle of the handicap.

Murphy singled out Oxford Blu for a positive mention when weighing up his possible runners and gave away the news that he is hoping to bag Richard Johnson for the ride, making the horse look an interesting option at 25-1.

Incidentally, Murphy made his excuses soon afterwards to hotfoot it to Wolverhampton where he saddled Compatriot to win with ridiculous ease under Jamie Spencer – his 50th victory since taking out his licence.

Murphy, who said he would be having “no social runners” at Cheltenham is a man lacking nothing in either self-confidence or stable form.

------
                Oxford Blu is actually available at 33/1 still..... I find myself being absolutely drawn in by Olly Murphy's confidence and ability to target races.

33/1, with Dickie on board... with a 'feather weight' (that he needs on his form to be fair)...but you get the impression he has 1 day in mind?

Comment

• Have you got a slight man crush going in there Kev? You seem to be a big fan of Olly Murphy and although he could be the next to breakthrough, he does only have the one big race handicap win so it's still early doors.

Just checked the weights for this and everyone will be going up 10lbs as soon as Redicean defects to the Triumph. Oxford Blu will go up to 10-13 which is still a nice racing weight rather than a featherweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                    Have you got a slight man crush going in there Kev? You seem to be a big fan of Olly Murphy and although he could be the next to breakthrough, he does only have the one big race handicap win so it's still early doors.

Just checked the weights for this and everyone will be going up 10lbs as soon as Redicean defects to the Triumph. Oxford Blu will go up to 10-13 which is still a nice racing weight rather than a featherweight.
                    To be honest its his strike rate.... 50 winners up this season... that is impressive. He's clearly on the right trajectory to be compared to HIS mentor Gordon Elliott at some stage and having a Cheltenham winner early on in his fledging career wouldn't surprise me.

If I am honest, and he was trained by plenty of other capable trainers, I'd be a little less warm on his chances. I have certainly bought in to the hype.... and despite "only the one big handicap race".... that is "one" more than plenty of other more well known and established trainers have... and I don't think you'd be confident saying that is the limit of Olly Murphy's abilities?

***to answer your original question..... "do I have a slight man crush"..... I will let the forum decide

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      To be honest its his strike rate.... 50 winners up this season... that is impressive. He's clearly on the right trajectory to be compared to HIS mentor Gordon Elliott at some stage and having a Cheltenham winner early on in his fledging career wouldn't surprise me.

If I am honest, and he was trained by plenty of other capable trainers, I'd be a little less warm on his chances. I have certainly bought in to the hype.... and despite "only the one big handicap race".... that is "one" more than plenty of other more well known and established trainers have... and I don't think you'd be confident saying that is the limit of Olly Murphy's abilities?

***to answer your original question..... "do I have a slight man crush"..... I will let the forum decide
                      Twitter poll it is then

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        Twitter poll it is then
                        #kevlovesolly

Comment

The presence of Redicean at the head of the weights for the £80,000 Boodles Fred Winter has given the race a strange look, but given that entries closed long before Alan King’s exciting juvenile had destroyed his rivals in the Adonis (and earned a 12lb hike in the ratings as a consequence), it was a sensible precaution to put him in.

As such a substantial rise in the weights is assured meaning that some of those set to carry very low weights - such as the Olly Murphy-trained Oxford Blu - will get in nicely in the middle of the handicap.

Murphy singled out Oxford Blu for a positive mention when weighing up his possible runners and gave away the news that he is hoping to bag Richard Johnson for the ride, making the horse look an interesting option at 25-1.

------
                          Oxford Blu is actually available at 33/1 still..... I find myself being absolutely drawn in by Olly Murphy's confidence and ability to target races.

33/1, with Dickie on board... with a 'feather weight' (that he needs on his form to be fair)...but you get the impression he has 1 day in mind?
                          Alex Hammond has given Oxford Blu a plug in her Sporting Life column today - if anyone fancies it you can boost the 33s available with Ladbrokes to 40s if you’ve got a Boost left with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                            Alex Hammond has given Oxford Blu a plug in her Sporting Life column today - if anyone fancies it you can boost the 33s available with Ladbrokes to 40s if you’ve got a Boost left with them!
                            Why do I instantly like it less now that the lovely Alex Hammond has tipped it

Comment

Cracking trainer, I suspect he'll make it all the way to the top is my honest opinion.

There are some young trainers around who have left top yards to go it alone, and for me he has started the best of any of these over the last few years, I think he'll surpass the likes of Skelton / Fry in time, not over night of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Cracking trainer, I suspect he'll make it all the way to the top is my honest opinion.

There are some young trainers around who have left top yards to go it alone, and for me he has started the best of any of these over the last few years, I think he'll surpass the likes of Skelton / Fry in time, not over night of course.
                                Had his 50th winner in 7 months yesterday, some going.

Comment

Working...
                                X