Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 10/1 NRNB (bigger without obviously but she could go to the stayers?) there's worse each way shouts?

Anyone have any thoughts on Verdana Blue? I think she could well improve but I'm far from totally convinced.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      I would rather back Let’s Dance @ 5/1 EW than Apples Jade @ 5/6, at this stage.
      Why charlie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        La bague au roi would be very credible opposition for Apple’s Jade imo. Seems 50/50 she comes here
        Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
        Big fan of LBAR, great attitude, but there's a big gulf in class between her and AJ I think. Also not convinced Cheltenham's her track.
        LBAR looks to have improved for 3m, so over 2m4f I don't think she'd be able to put it up to Apple's Jade... I like LBAR though. Hard not to like a horse with that many 1's

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
          Ladbrokes pushed AJ out to evens today. They aren't NRNB so don't know what they're playing at, unless they know something we dont know.

I went through this race last week in search for a good EW. I have AJ at 3s. I came out with 0.5pts EW on Indian Stream @ 100/1, for Neil Mullholland. She actually did very well to come 4th in this last year. She got pushed out by Vroum Vroum and Limini and was last of the main group but flew down the hill to join the leaders at the thirds last. If she hadn't lost her place early she could have gone closer. Speculative I know but 100/1 is a bit of a value, if there is any in the race at all.

She is being targeted for the race as she is the best mare in the stable. She can jump a fence too.
          50/1 w/o AJ not interest you instead?

Like a 100/1 shot though... not many 100/1 shots that came 4th over C&D in the previous seasons edition I'd imagine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            50/1 w/o AJ not interest you instead?

Like a 100/1 shot though... not many 100/1 shots that came 4th over C&D in the previous seasons edition I'd imagine!
            Ya for sure, well spotted. Will probably look decent on the day.

Comment

• No more evens (Lad) and 5/6 (Will) on AJ after let's dance disappointing run today...

Comment

• think thats my ante post punt on Lets Dance up the kyber ,very disappointing. ONly Colins Sister can save me and thats unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                  No more evens (Lad) and 5/6 (Will) on AJ after let's dance disappointing run today...
                  I'd say she's more likely to run here now at least, small consolation for Let's Dance backers? You poor guys

Comment

• Any news on jers girl?

Gone through all possible runners here. And she would deffinately be the bet we without Apple's jade.
                    Travelling well when falling last year.

Colins sister goes stayers. La bague au roi likely joins her. Let's dance I'm not fussed about she's never been a decent price. Augusta Kate needs further. Asthuria gone chasing, jers girl is a better horse anyway. Vroum vroum mag an unlikely runner and might not be the same horse anyway. A whole host of horses jers girl would have no problem finishing infront of here.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• VVM likely to be retired - final decision in 4-6 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                        VVM likely to be retired - final decision in 4-6 weeks
                        Whats the problem with her?

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                          Whats the problem with her?
                          Not been sparking and they are thinking of breeding from her. From what I can gather.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Here's the clip where VVM is mentioned. You have to think it's odds on she is retired. Clearly this season will be her last and connections i'm sure would like to get one more 'swansong' if they can so the idea of getting her back on the track only to at very best follow Apple's Jade home...I just cannot see it. Only if the fav were to go elsewhere (which there is no way this will happen imo) would they even think about it so I imagine they are waiting and will keep her going if all is well on the very slim chance that may happen

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Will we see Vroum Vroum Mag on the track again? <a href="https://t.co/J988pZLgvo">pic.twitter.com/J988pZLgvo</a></p>&mdash; Racing Post TV (@RP_TV) <a href="https://twitter.com/RP_TV/status/957267360817336320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Would be nice if they just found an easy race for her to mop up, hurdles or fences.

Shame we will never know how good she really was

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                Would be nice if they just found an easy race for her to mop up, hurdles or fences.

Shame we will never know how good she really was
                                Agreed HF. She found her level over hurdles but fences were where we would have seen the very best of her and we never really got to see that (bar her debut season beating vastly inferior mares). Despite she was never tried over a fence, and the fact she won a Champion Hurdle the same can be said about Annie Power as well. She was bought with chasing in mind, even with the thoughts of the Gold Cup and I think she would have excelled but was never given the chance.

Would be my worry for Benie Des Dieux going forward. Already looks like she'll follow a similar path to VVM, mop up in easy Mares only chases picking up decent prize money. Have everyone wish she was tried in the Ryanair year on year at the festival only to end up slotting in as a super sub over hurdles at the festivals.

Comment

Working...
                                X