Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Let's dance has no chance of beaten apples jade.. bar a fall.

Look at their careers side by side.
    As 4yos AJ was superior.
    Last year AJ was winning stronger, open grade 1s while LD won novice grade 1s
    This year Apple's jade has performed to a higher level on dicey run than LD's one run.

LD isn't a worthwhile each way price ante post either now ....
    I know apples jade has much better form than let's dance
    However,horses do get injured,fall,rerouted
    If I missed the price which I did on this occasion I am just looking for a viable alternative
    I missed the price on Douvan last year so I had a few quid each way on special tiara
    Never thought I could win really but I will not back any horse at odds on at cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
      I know apples jade has much better form than let's dance
      However,horses do get injured,fall,rerouted
      If I missed the price which I did on this occasion I am just looking for a viable alternative
      I missed the price on Douvan last year so I had a few quid each way on special tiara
      Never thought I could win really but I will not back any horse at odds on at cheltenham
      A horse can still be value at odds on .... however can appreciate if you've got a rule and evens is the cut off you stick to it.

Kayf Grace is the one I like for the places

Comment

A horse can still be value at odds on .... however can appreciate if you've got a rule and evens is the cut off you stick to it.

I still think let's dance might go stayers if she goes for the galmoy hurdle and shapes well to avoid AJ. La bague au roi also likely to go stayers if she wins today. You get your mares allowance and arguably you have a better chance of winning a championship race than the mares. With looking like a win win that your going for the big one rather than avoiding Apple's jade.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 20 January 2018, 06:56 AM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Could AJ need further than 2.5m now? She looked beat last season before staying on really well inside the last 200 yards, and lto she needed every yard of 3 miles to beat Supasundae.

She looks very difficult to beat but I just wonder if there is a slight chink in her armor.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Could AJ need further than 2.5m now? She looked beat last season before staying on really well inside the last 200 yards, and lto she needed every yard of 3 miles to beat Supasundae.

She looks very difficult to beat but I just wonder if there is a slight chink in her armor.
            It's more down to opposition with me personally. There's nothing there really that should be beating her. I'm going to have to leave this race completely alone personally as I see no value anywhere.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              It's more down to opposition with me personally. There's nothing there really that should be beating her. I'm going to have to leave this race completely alone personally as I see no value anywhere.
              There may be some value on the day in the W/O AJ market. I won't be steaming into AJ unless the bookies push her close to evens, which is possible.

The lack of opposition is a problem in the Mares division for me, with last year's renewal being the exception rather than the norm.

Comment

The Festival, more so than any other meeting, is when I am willing to back an odds on shot if they have excellent form such as AJ here. In recent years these hotspots have tended to win a lot so I think they are great value for multiples. Douvan was an exception last year as he picked up an injury - people using this as evidence not to back odds on are mistaken I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                  The Festival, more so than any other meeting, is when I am willing to back an odds on shot if they have excellent form such as AJ here. In recent years these hotspots have tended to win a lot so I think they are great value for multiples. Douvan was an exception last year as he picked up an injury - people using this as evidence not to back odds on are mistaken I believe.
                  Agreed that's been the case in recent years Vautour but if you were around 20+ years ago Cheltenham was a certified graveyard for odds on shots....

Comment

I've backed Apple's Jade for this at 3/1 as I've been confident it was the target, 11/4 too in multiples. She was still odds against after her last run and has only gone odds on since NRNB came in.

She is 5/6 now with WH and I'd consider that to still be good value. She is as far clear of her rivals as Annie Power was. Her form is undeniably better, the target is confirmed. Happy with the jockey, trainer and connections winning the race. I see nothing at all to worry her.

I have what I want on and happy with my returns if she wins, but for me, at 5/6 that is a good bet.... I wouldn't be looking elsewhere because she wins bar a fall. With WH money back in injured.... she won't go elsewhere so I don't see the problem

Comment

I’ve Apples Jade in a load of multiples at between 13/8 and 4/5.

Would be the first of the weeks bankers going in. Always nice to start the banker multiples with a routine win. Which I expect this to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                        I’ve Apples Jade in a load of multiples at between 13/8 and 4/5.

Would be the first of the weeks bankers going in. Always nice to start the banker multiples with a routine win. Which I expect this to be.
                        First to go in?

You've not avoided BVD have you

Comment

First to go in?

You've not avoided BVD have you
                          I’m on Faugheen from the start of the season. Assuming he turns up, I wouldn’t make BD a banker at odds on against Faugheen.

The Faugheen from his first run this season turns up and he’d beat BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                            I’m on Faugheen from the start of the season. Assuming he turns up, I wouldn’t make BD a banker at odds on against Faugheen.

The Faugheen from his first run this season turns up and he’d beat BD.
                            Plenty of chat about that on the CH thread so won't go in to it here...

Even if Faugheen doesn't turn up, I'd still have Apple's Jade as the banker of the day to be fair, even if she isn't shorter. The Mullins mare (whichever it ends up being) will be shorter than it deserves to be.

Comment

If I knew La Bague Au Roi was going for this race i'd be all over her each way. Her collateral form puts her around Limini, who obviously pushed Apples Jade pretty close in this last year. Yes Apple's Jade seems to have improved, but so has La Bague Au Roi (especially for the trip), and it would be nice to have some cover for Apple's Jade. 14/1 is huge and wondering if it's worth the punt, 10/1 nrnb obviously a safer bet

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                                If I knew La Bague Au Roi was going for this race i'd be all over her each way. Her collateral form puts her around Limini, who obviously pushed Apples Jade pretty close in this last year. Yes Apple's Jade seems to have improved, but so has La Bague Au Roi (especially for the trip), and it would be nice to have some cover for Apple's Jade. 14/1 is huge and wondering if it's worth the punt, 10/1 nrnb obviously a safer bet
                                Cheltenham form a worry I guess, underperformed last year and not sure there were any excuses for her

Comment

Working...
                                X