Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apples looks a good thing , probably will win in hack canter. Do like progressive form of Colins Sister as E/W alternative

Comment

“You could go to the Stayers, run a great race, and finish third. You could go to the Champion Hurdle, run a great race, and finish third. But guess what; you’d have won the mares hurdle. So what’s the point? I don’t see why people get so excited: there’s a mares programme, a mares race, and we’ll go in that direction,” said O’Leary.

Apple's Jade

Eddie O’Leary welcomed that clarification but stressed that Apple’s Jade would only be kept in the Stayers in case “something goes awry in the mares, like she whips around at the start, which is something that can happen.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        “You could go to the Stayers, run a great race, and finish third. You could go to the Champion Hurdle, run a great race, and finish third. But guess what; you’d have won the mares hurdle. So what’s the point? I don’t see why people get so excited: there’s a mares programme, a mares race, and we’ll go in that direction,” said O’Leary.

Apple's Jade

Eddie O’Leary welcomed that clarification but stressed that Apple’s Jade would only be kept in the Stayers in case “something goes awry in the mares, like she whips around at the start, which is something that can happen.”
        Happy Day's !!, as long as she does'nt whip around at the start of the mares .

Comment

This has always been Apple’s Jades race. No way Elliott or O’Leary would want to give Mullins a free winner which is what they would be doing if they switched her to the Stayers. Absolutely no love lost there.

Comment

I trhink I'm going to take the chance on her at those odds. Injury was only minor from memory??
            Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Jers girl has an injury atm nrnb though.
            JUst seen it is 6 weeks she's out for... would leave 3 at best so I've cashed it out.

Comment

I'm assuming no chance she will go. Unless iv missed something

De bon coeur who's 16/1 nrnb
              Would go of close to fav if she ran here and would have every chance of winning.

I assume someone requested her to be added
              I remember a French mare running against quevega and glens melody. I'll have a little look into it.

I remember the trainer entering the stomp in the county hurdle. And has also ran Alex de larredya over here though the latter owned by Simon munir
              Last edited by Scooby91; 17 January 2018, 06:50 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Would go of close to fav if she ran here and would have every chance of winning.

I remember a French mare running against quevega and glens melody. I'll have a little look into it.
                Worth looking in to, as this race/thread is all over as it stands

Comment

Worth looking in to, as this race/thread is all over as it stands
                  I don't think she will the prize money is not enough. She would cost an astronomical fee to be bought.
                  but i if she did get an initial entry she would be my biggest bet of the week. Iv seen her there in the betting all year but only just remembered again since nrnb.

Iv been waiting about 3 years for someone to buy blue Dragon and stick him in the champion hurdle.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 17 January 2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think she will the prize money is not enough. She would cost an astronomical fee to be bought.
                    but i if she did get an initial entry she would be my biggest bet of the week. Iv seen her there in the betting all year but only just remembered again since nrnb.

Iv been waiting about 3 years for someone to buy blue Dragon and stick him in the champion hurdle.
                    Is there any collateral form at all?

What would make you so confident?

I know notrhing about French racing, so I am all ears...

Comment

Is there any collateral form at all?

What would make you so confident?

I know notrhing about French racing, so I am all ears...
                      She's very very good.
                      She would be the best young NH horse there is in any land imo.
                      The only race a British raider came over (bapaume) she fell. But nothing has got near her to date in her 8 wins, And she has taken on the best around her.
                      I'd love to see her run over here.

Comment

I remember the trainer entering the stomp in the county hurdle. And has also ran Alex de larredya over here though the latter owned by Simon munir
                        I remember that French mare. She was 66/1 on the morning of the race and gave Quevega a scare, finishing 2nd in the end iirc.

Comment

She's very very good.
                          She would be the best young NH horse there is in any land imo.
                          The only race a British raider came over (bapaume) she fell. But nothing has got near her to date in her 8 wins, And she has taken on the best around her.
                          Assuming you can't get on 16s NRNB then?

Any idea what she'd go off? Can't imagine she'd shorten DRAMATICALLY.... certainly AJ and a Mullins horse shorter?

Comment

Assuming you can't get on 16s NRNB then?

Any idea what she'd go off? Can't imagine she'd shorten DRAMATICALLY.... certainly AJ and a Mullins horse shorter?
                            I can get on now. But I can't tie up what id put on. will wait for entries as it's very unlikely she will get one. I'd say dramatically but not on entries. Close to fav I'd say. If it was in France 100% she would be fav over Apple's jade.

Comment

Would the fact that she’d have to carry 11’5 be of any significance?

Just looked through her races to see if there was anything I could pick a form line and noticed that she’s never carried more than 10’8.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                Would the fact that she’d have to carry 11’5 be of any significance?

Just looked through her races to see if there was anything I could pick a form line and noticed that she’s never carried more than 10’8.
                                I don't think so but interesting all the same. Prize money is so good over there. I'm not sure if the owners would view it as " prestige" and have any interest

Comment

Working...
                                X