Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

County Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Will just add i haven't backed any of them, just my shortlist

I think bleu et rouge is very well handicapped on his runs over hurdles his run at Aintree behind buveur dair reads extremely well to his rating.

High bridge ran a mighty race behind Elgin before tiring late on the form has worked out very well so far and I could see him going very well. Off his current mark

Mick jazz claims speak for itself.

The others are on very fair hurdle marks compared to there chase form, and showed enough over hurdles.
    I wonder how much high bridge will go up for That?
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

[QUOTE=Scooby91;47267]I wonder how much high bridge will go up for That?[/QUOTE

6lb maybe. He'll be north of 150 for sure so he'll be carrying some weight wherever they go next.

Comment

Arethey be lining up Flying Tiger for a handicap at the festival. Possibly this?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Arethey be lining up Flying Tiger for a handicap at the festival. Possibly this?
          He's only six pounds higher than his Festival win so that could certainly be workable for sure. I think a step up in trip could an option to try too.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            As we don't have a handicap plot thread I'd like to put a couple up early doors for fez plots.
            Anibale Fly, Squouateur (yes again)
            These are watching briefs at the moment. Both added to the plot book for for final analysis.
            Last edited by doctorwu; 3 December 2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

A Hare Breath goes really well fresh and he put in a career-best performance over hurdles to win the Jumeirah Hotels And Resorts December Handicap Hurdle at Sandown from Caid Du Lin. He’s up to a career-high mark of 145 now and will reportedly be kept fresh for the County Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival in March. Off his new rating, he’ll probably be in the upper middle echelon of the weights in that race and another career-best would most certainly be required...

Comment

Misterton seems a decent bet for this at good odds. A progressive sort, his form is rock solid these last few runs, including a neck defeat to Elgin over course and distance last time out. I'm hoping connections are protecting his mark with this race in mind, as he was touted for the lanzarote but didn't show. Goes well fresh, hope Fry is aiming him solely at this race and think he has a good chance

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  If I post nearer the time and say anything positive about Jenkins, I would like somebody to bring up this post, where I swear I will NEVER back him again
                  I backed him yesterday

Comment

I backed him yesterday
                    Definitely improving, headgear helped. Which race is the plan for him, this or coral cup?

Comment

No real movement yet for this race but I have got:

Moon Racer 25/1 NRNB

All the horses mentioned here are intersting, Misterton, Elgin, Flying Tiger, Duca De Thaix - no real rick in the prices though.

Jenkins think was a good bet yesterday, was he was 11 lb well in (will be going up 11 lbs, they had a 5 lb penalty that James Bowen took off)....however I can't see him being a factor here, but the trip did him no harm so I don't see him dropping back really.... either way, I can't see him progressing again and again and again?

Comment

Moon Racer 25/1 NRNB

All the horses mentioned here are intersting, Misterton, Elgin, Flying Tiger, Duca De Thaix - no real rick in the prices though.

Jenkins think was a good bet yesterday, was he was 11 lb well in (will be going up 11 lbs, they had a 5 lb penalty that James Bowen took off)....however I can't see him being a factor here, but the trip did him no harm so I don't see him dropping back really.... either way, I can't see him progressing again and again and again?
                        Yes not sure what they can do with Jenkins now. Interesting that Henderson said Burbank was the one to take out of the race, they’ve always rated him highly so one to keep an eye on

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                          Yes not sure what they can do with Jenkins now. Interesting that Henderson said Burbank was the one to take out of the race, they’ve always rated him highly so one to keep an eye on
                          Only beaten 8L by WIlloughby Court/Neon Wolf at Chelt at 50/1 - definitely wants further than 2m though so would be more Coral Cup than County?

Comment

Moon Racer 25/1 NRNB

Only backed moon racer. This is his target all being well.

Destin d'ajonc have a small eye on. Far too bad to be true on his start in Ireland last time.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                              Definitely improving, headgear helped. Which race is the plan for him, this or coral cup?
                              Disappointingly it looks like the M Pipe.
                              As I sit here with vouchers for the champion hurdle and county....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Disappointingly it looks like the M Pipe.
                                As I sit here with vouchers for the champion hurdle and county....
                                Martin Pipe? Is he not rated too high for that Ista?

Comment

Working...
                                X