Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Soleil got the job done today but I'd imagine Salsaretta dances around Court Artist. Guess work obviously

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Cap Soleil got the job done today but I'd imagine Salsaretta dances around Court Artist. Guess work obviously
      Complete guesswork, as there's plenty more with form in the mullins yard. Ie cut the mustard (entered up) holiday winner, dont hesitate, mystic theatre and laurina who's already been out.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• If Salsaretta disappoints then I’d reckon we might see one of the triumph candidates targeting this, something like Stormy Ireland

Comment

• Mystic Thearte the best I've seen so far... but she had a setback after that fall LTO didn't she?

Cap Soleil needs more than 2m based on today too... 5 from 6 overall. Bit of a break I'd imagine for her now? Fergal has just said he hope she ends up at Chelt, but today is her ground!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            If Salsaretta disappoints then I’d reckon we might see one of the triumph candidates targeting this, something like Stormy Ireland
            I'd be very suprised with stormy ireland think she will stick to juveniles, the owner has 4 mares available.
            Holiday winner
            Don't hesitate
            Cut the mustard
            laurina.

Comment

• Is there any concern around Salsaretta not being out yet? And I can’t see an entry for her anywhere.

Or, will they possibly go the same route as Limini with one race prep (discounting the win in May)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                Is there any concern around Salsaretta not being out yet? And I can’t see an entry for her anywhere.

Or, will they possibly go the same route as Limini with one race prep (discounting the win in May)
                “Out Soon” was the reply from Joe Chambers the other day when doing a Q&A..

Comment

• Maria's Benefit very impressive today at Taunton . heading for this race ??

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    Maria's Benefit very impressive today at Taunton . heading for this race ??
                    Just watched the reply back - really impressive! Her jumping was absolutely spot on today which was the most impressive aspect for me before you even look into the winning distance.

On first thought I would have been wary about such a performance in that ground but she has won on good ground and Stuart Edmunds was actually concerned about the soft ground going into the race...

"I had been worried about the ground, but the groundsman rang me at 6.30am to tell me it wasn't too bad and he was right," said Edmunds.

"It was a little chopped up in the home straight so I told him to go wide, but she could have gone through Taunton town centre and still won!"

He added: "It was a serious performance. There's a Grade Two at Doncaster at the end of January and she might go there before Cheltenham.

"We'll probably go there because she's barely had a blow today and that should have been her hardest race - how did I get her beaten first time out at Worcester?"
                    To be honest I hadn't heard or seen her before today so need to watch back previous races but lovely performance that's for sure.
                    Does 10/1 tempt you BC?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Just watched the reply back - really impressive! Her jumping was absolutely spot on today which was the most impressive aspect for me before you even look into the winning distance.

On first thought I would have been wary about such a performance in that ground but she has won on good ground and Stuart Edmunds was actually concerned about the soft ground going into the race...

To be honest I hadn't heard or seen her before today so need to watch back previous races but lovely performance that's for sure.
                      Does 10/1 tempt you BC?
                      Definitely Jono !, very taking run, as Sunshade was bigged up before the race by the I.t.v pundits.

Comment

• I'd like to put Famous Milly up as an outsider at a decent price. Quite taken with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          I'd like to put Famous Milly up as an outsider at a decent price. Quite taken with her.
                          Her performance was good against Malaya.

A juvenile that loves heavy ground you'd have to think would be an unlikely runner here. Would probably get a huge price on the exchange though if you did fancy her.

Comment

• Marias Benefit blue across the board today. Tipped up?

Did very much like her run at Taunton, but Cheltenham an entirely different ball game. And so often it's the powerful stables which come to the forefront. Which kind of puts me off her.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              Definitely Jono !, very taking run, as Sunshade was bigged up before the race by the I.t.v pundits.
                              Did you back her BC? Having watched back her previous runs I took 1.5pts at the 10/1.

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                              Marias Benefit blue across the board today. Tipped up?

Did very much like her run at Taunton, but Cheltenham an entirely different ball game. And so often it's the powerful stables which come to the forefront. Which kind of puts me off her.
                              Her best form has been on right handed tracks which was a slight question mark for me but I couldn't resist the 10/1 after that display. At the price she is now I would probably hold back for now. Like you say the Mullins and Henderson stables etc will keep her price reasonable. I'm not sure if she is likely to run again?

I can't see Apple's Shakira running here but I do think both of Nicky's (Dame de Compagnie and Countister) still have a good claims here still despite defeats in both campaigns so far. Cap Soleil has disappointed me on her last 2 runs and the trainers comments about Heavy ground would be a concern but if she can get back to the form of her seasonal debut she cannot be discounted. Then there is a certain Willie Mullins of course!

It's looking like a good race this

Does anyone have any views on Laurina for Mullins? Her debut looked weak at the time and nothing had so far come out of the race but 4th fav for the race (obviously due to connections)

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                                Did you back her BC? Having watched back her previous runs I took 1.5pts at the 10/1.

Her best form has been on right handed tracks which was a slight question mark for me but I couldn't resist the 10/1 after that display. At the price she is now I would probably hold back for now. Like you say the Mullins and Henderson stables etc will keep her price reasonable. I'm not sure if she is likely to run again?

I can't see Apple's Shakira running here but I do think both of Nicky's (Dame de Compagnie and Countister) still have a good claims here still despite defeats in both campaigns so far. Cap Soleil has disappointed me on her last 2 runs and the trainers comments about Heavy ground would be a concern but if she can get back to the form of her seasonal debut she cannot be discounted. Then there is a certain Willie Mullins of course!

It's looking like a good race this

Does anyone have any views on Laurina for Mullins? Her debut looked weak at the time and nothing had so far come out of the race but 4th fav for the race (obviously due to connections)
                                Nothing other than townends words.

Townend said afterwards:- "She was very good. She's a tank of a filly and is like sitting on a gelding.

“She loved the ground and had the experience in France. She was showing us that at home and to be honest we would have been disappointed if she didn't do that"

Cut the mustard for the same connections, completely bombed on debut but if she's entered up at 2 again I might conveniently write that off, if I can get a huge price on the exchanges. Think she wants further though. She's deffinately better than that though. Could send her for a bumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X