Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Final 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billymag View Post
    Jacob jocked up at Doncaster, fiddle-sticks!!! have to go and win the Albert Bartlett then by the looks!!! Good ground is essential to him, hes a 150+ horse on it, he hates soft ground. Im hoping his flop last time was mainly due to a few quick runs, hes had a nice break now, so hopefully he runs well at the weekend. The ground at Doncaster might be soft but looks like thats where hes going with the jockey booking!! Fools, dont they know he would destroy them in the Pertemps
    Jacob going to Cheltenham now so that might change things... whispers L’ami Serge might be off to Cheltenham now as well which is a wounder as I backed him earlier in the week for the Skybet Chase!

Comment

Maybe all is not lost!!! Ill wait to see the decs. I was surprised when it looked like they were sending CM to Doncaster, I was sure they would want to exploit his mark in the Pertemps. All will be revealed!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
        Don’t back Hollybush then - won the qualifier at Sandown in December!
        A good point - to be honest I only posted the quotes from HBH's trainer as I was surprised at how openly bullish he was (probably wasn't thinking about the Pertemps having just won 50k).... but....

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
        I agree it’s a plot race - I think Louis’s been plotted up for this all season. This was what Johnson said back in November:

“Richard Johnson: Pertemps Final is Louis’ Vac Pouch's target
        13 Nov

I was torn between going to Aintree to ride Louis’ Vac Pouch or Wincanton for Copper Kay, as I thought they both had decent chances.

Philip told me I should head up to Liverpool and he was exactly right. He’s the brains of the outfit and I’m always better off listening to him.

The Silver Trophy at Chepstow has worked out really well and Louis’ Vac Pouch was only beaten a couple of lengths there.

He was a little bit keen early on over three miles for the first time, so he did well to win. He saw out the trip really well.

His owners are really enthusiastic and I’m sure they’ll be keen to have a go at the Pertemps Final in March.”

I’ve nothing against Holly Bush - I backed him today & won on him at Sandown but he ran 6th on the first qualifier, 4th in the Aintree race & won the Sandown race - not your typical plot? Look at the form of the LVP races this year, add in he’s only ran at 3 miles once, is a young improving horse & 20s look a knocking bet to me - just my opinion!
        ....I think you are right, certainly agree with your case and opinion, of the two, I'd be with LVP over HBH despite 20/1 and 33/1.

Comment

By tomorrow evening Protek Des Flos should be qualified for this after the huntingdon qualifier. At first glance can't see many stronger candidates off the mark he's on

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            By tomorrow evening Protek Des Flos should be qualified for this after the huntingdon qualifier. At first glance can't see many stronger candidates off the mark he's on
            He’s already qualified

Comment

I have backed Protek Des Flos for this @ 20/1

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                I have backed Protek Des Flos for this @ 20/1
                Not sure why Bet365 pushed him out to 25s?? May as well cash out and back it again. Will probably get bottom weight if he gets in now.

Still keen on Glenloe, JP has The Organist too. Really like her. She has the form tie with Forza Milan who ran Louis Vac Pouch close in that hot race. The Organist wasnt given a chance LTO at all. She could even go to the Mares hurdle. I'd like to see her run more prominently again with headgear of some sort...

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                  Not sure why Bet365 pushed him out to 25s?? May as well cash out and back it again. Will probably get bottom weight if he gets in now.

Still keen on Glenloe, JP has The Organist too. Really like her. She has the form tie with Forza Milan who ran Louis Vac Pouch close in that hot race. The Organist wasnt given a chance LTO at all. She could even go to the Mares hurdle. I'd like to see her run more prominently again with headgear of some sort...
                  Can take pertemps qualifier form with a pinch of salt. Glenloe, The Organist, Louis Vac Pouch, Protek Des Flos the 4 I’ve backed so far

Comment

Looking to the punchestown race on the 21st Feb as a key qualifier so will likely add a couple more then

Comment

Callet Mad runs in the qualifier at Muss today.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Callet Mad runs in the qualifier at Muss today.
                        And wins well enough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          And wins well enough!!!
                          Billy has a live bet here I think.

Comment

Lovely stuff! Full credit to billy for sticking his head on the line on a horse like this. Easy enough to do on the big hype horses but i've rarely seen such bullishness on a 'Calett Mad'.

Looks like we'll be getting a run for our money

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Lovely stuff! Full credit to billy for sticking his head on the line on a horse like this. Easy enough to do on the big hype horses but i've rarely seen such bullishness on a 'Calett Mad'.

Looks like we'll be getting a run for our money
                              Yes well done so far billy... I am with you too. Nice to have a live one

Yet another example of the "any race" market being a great angle

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Yes well done so far billy... I am with you too. Nice to have a live one

Yet another example of the "any race" market being a great angle
                                He's still 33/1 in the William Hill any race market for those who are interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X