Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    I agree, after digging a little deeper I can’t see any of these troubling the principles in the Cheltenham bumper this year. Acey Milan’s form for me stacks up best but can never be too confident when it comes to reading bumpers.

For me the bumper is all about Blackbow/Rhinestone/Hollowgraphic/Didtheyleavemeoutto. The latter would be one of my biggest winners of the week and happy with that position
    Would have been nice to see the latter In this race today for the neutral. But I can see why they're happy to go in fresh.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Would have been nice to see the latter In this race today for the neutral. But I can see why they're happy to go in fresh.
      I think the form he’s bringing to the table will be best of the british, the worry is gifford and geraghty, and that they might go at such a speed they’ll pull that finish out of him. The manner that he did what he did on the all weather and then softish ground just made me think superstar

Comment

• The one I'm looking forward to seeing run today is Brewin'Upastorm. The winner of the same Irish point as Champagne Fever and Bacardys previously and went for 250k at the Cheltenham sales. Only one run under rules so far and won by 9 lengths and impressive enough to be given a RPR of 127 which is a high enough rating for a first time bumper run. I've had a dabble at 25s nrnb for the festival and will find out today if I've got a live bet or not. If he bombs out today I wouldn't expect him to run in March so I'll get my stake back anyway but if he wins I'll have a decent price on a lively outsider though I do think the Irish horses at the top of the market might be hard to beat.

Comment

• Ruby gives a good word for Tornado Flyer in today's paper.

Comment

• Commanche Red beat by Strong Glance on debut.

Strong Glance well stuffed by Didtheyleaveuoutto next time.

Comment

• So close to backing for Cheltenham before this race and keep stopping myself.

I did have a trixie on If The Cap Fits, Good Boy Bobby and Willoughby Court so I'm stopping myself backing that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                So close to backing for Cheltenham before this race and keep stopping myself.

I did have a trixie on If The Cap Fits, Good Boy Bobby and Willoughby Court so I'm stopping myself backing that one.
                I forgot to watch that race. Was he Good?

Comment

I forgot to watch that race. Was he Good?
                  Acey Milan was good, well done Robbante

Comment

• Did Brian Hughes have to ride him so agressively all the way to the line in conditions as testing as that? First thing I picked up on in the final furlong and half.

Comment

• It's a shame the couple of NR diddnt run. I was looking forward to Danny kirwan. But plenty more days. And not worth it in the conditions to start off.
                      Good shout and well done robante just watched it.

Nothing to trouble me for the champion bumper there.

Comment

Acey Milan was good, well done Robbante
                        Cheers, lovely boost to the Cheltenham funds. I didn’t get to see the race, 11 lengths seems a good enough win, will watch when I can

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                          Didtheyleaveuoutto for me in the bumper... realise that it’s a bit ludicrous that I’d rate my best bet as in such an unpredictable race but so be it!
                          After tipping and winning on Acey Milan in the hottest UK bumper so far this season....

What makes you so keen on Didtheyleaveuoutto Rob? (apologies if I've missed you discuss them before!)

Comment

After tipping and winning on Acey Milan in the hottest UK bumper so far this season....

What makes you so keen on Didtheyleaveuoutto Rob? (apologies if I've missed you discuss them before!)
                            Dont think hat was the hottest uk bumper with the 2 nrs. The most interesting 2 never ran.
                            Obviously excellent job robante and nothing to do with that. Your on the winner of the hottest. Will be interesting to see how the irish and English Match up. Personally think the irish are clear
                            But wish you the best of luck with didtheyleaveuoutto, hes a nice prospect.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 10 February 2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Just watched the race.. that wasn’t 11 lengths! I can’t find a chink in Didtheyleaveuoutto on form, breeding and visually. Didtheyleaveuoutto beat the second in that race 16 lengths in the ascot bumper in December, so that’s a further boost to his form today. It’s his turn of foot that’s so impressive, can’t remember where I read it but his sectionals when he won on the all weather were similar to a 5f sprinter the last 2 furlongs. The worry was whether he could do that on turf (though maybe shouldnt have been as he is closely related to denman) and off a strong pace. He did that at ascot where he travelled all over them

Comment

Dont think hat was the hottest uk bumper with the 2 nrs. The most interesting 2 never ran.
                                Obviously excellent job robante and nothing to do with that. Your on the winner of the hottest. Will be interesting to see how the irish and English Match up. Personally think the irish are clear
                                But wish you the best of luck with didtheyleaveuoutto, hes a nice prospect.
                                Have Blackbow and Hollowgraphic covered (albeit to smaller extent) and will add Rhinestone at some point. I think the Blackbow/Rhinestone form is possibly better even than Hollowgraphics

Comment

Working...
                                X