Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth noting that priorities have changed with this race.

When first introduced (1992 ?) bumpers were nothing more than public schooling sessions in UK, in fact there were very few bumpers in UK in those days, the Irish always placed great emphasis on such events and in fact used to have 8 bumpers at the Punchestown festival (no idea if they still do).
    So the Mullins/Irish monopoly on the first 15 years of the race was predictable, UK trainers now place much greater emphasis on bumpers and the success of UK trainers over the past 10 years or so in the race is proof of that.

How you use that to help you with solving todays puzzles I have no idea but it would be foolish to think that the same approach is taken by all trainers as was the case a few years ago....

Comment

• He was ready to run at xmas according to Mr Wylie but the delay does seem a bit of a worry.

I had a look through the bumper today to see how many on Oddschecker would meet my bumper system.

FWIW there are three at this stage Hollowgraphic, The Big Bite and Town Head.
      Ive already backed Hollowgraphic (12/1) a few weeks back and with the markets being NRNB Ive backed the other two today both 25/1 2pt wins. I will back all qualifiers again on the day ew with a firm that pays 4 places.

(ps great stats above about Willies bumper horse)

Comment

• has anyone got any idea who trains and owns Dorrells Pierji cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          has anyone got any idea who trains and owns Dorrells Pierji cheers
          Mullins Jared sullivan.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Mullins Jared sullivan.
            Nice one , you heard anything about when he out or hows he going etc Scoob.

Comment

Nice one , you heard anything about when he out or hows he going etc Scoob.
              Nothing at all tbh. Other than Sangha river who would have been beaten easily in 2nd a long way behind, winning a weak looking bumper since.

Comment

• Just home from work and looked at the Mullins stable tour on ATR nothing about Stay Humble

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                  Just home from work and looked at the Mullins stable tour on ATR nothing about Stay Humble
                  To be fair it's nobody associated with the yard who had hyped him up. Just when people found that wylie purchased him after his sales race. and put 2+ 2 together

Good to see hollowgraphic and blackbow get mentions. That s been my 2 picks for this race for a while

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                    Just home from work and looked at the Mullins stable tour on ATR nothing about Stay Humble
                    I wouldn't really expect him to mention an unraced bumper horse in his stable tour. It looks like they are concentrating on the stars from the stable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      To be fair it's nobody associated with the yard who had hyped him up. Just when people found that wylie purchased him after his sales race. and put 2+ 2 together

Good to see hollowgraphic and blackbow get mentions. That s been my 2 picks for this race for a while
                      I do recall you mentioning Blackbow as your alternative, certainly sounds like they're the top 2 so far

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      I wouldn't really expect him to mention an unraced bumper horse in his stable tour. It looks like they are concentrating on the stars from the stable.
                      I hope you're right FM - running out of time though...

Comment

• If anyone saw ATR monday view this morning , they had Dan Barber on from Timeform.

He got talking about the bumper horses and ratings ,all got positive mentions but when they talked about DIDtheyleaveuoutto and showed his Lingfield romp on the all weather(a must see by the way , the acceleration shown was Arazi style)Barber came out with this fact.

The horse covered the last three furlongs faster than any other horse at the track in last 5 years bar one. He then went to Ascot where we know what he did their.

Comment

If anyone saw ATR monday view this morning , they had Dan Barber on from Timeform.

He got talking about the bumper horses and ratings ,all got positive mentions but when they talked about DIDtheyleaveuoutto and showed his Lingfield romp on the all weather(a must see by the way , the acceleration shown was Arazi style)Barber came out with this fact.

The horse covered the last three furlongs faster than any other horse at the track in last 5 years bar one. He then went to Ascot where we know what he did their.
                          I think he could be really special. A close relative to Denman showing speed on the all weather like that... cruised past a high class field at Ascot... we’ll see how good he really is in March but he’s the favourite for me at this stage

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            I think he could be really special. A close relative to Denman showing speed on the all weather like that... cruised past a high class field at Ascot... we’ll see how good he really is in March but he’s the favourite for me at this stage
                            Barber was almost glowing when he spoke about him. His daisy cutting leg action at Lingfield was certainly that of a good ground horse , if it came up good ground towards end of day two he going to make them all go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                              Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                              Barber was almost glowing when he spoke about him. His daisy cutting leg action at Lingfield was certainly that of a good ground horse , if it came up good ground towards end of day two he going to make them all go.
                              Best British .... or best?

I always feel I want the "best" from either side of the sea backed, as one set might just be ahead of the other!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Best British .... or best?

I always feel I want the "best" from either side of the sea backed, as one set might just be ahead of the other!
                                Unbelievable turn of foot. Not sure that the Ascot win was the fastest race, so the question mark is whether what is bound to be a fast run bumper blunts his finishing kick. Might be one to go on in race as if he’s towards the front end coming to the last couple and still on the bridle watch him go

Comment

Working...
                                X