Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    9 runners for this very small?

Last 5 years between 15 & 20 runners, disappointing
    I think I would sooner have a few good ones than a field bolstered by no hopers.

This might be a strange race if Stormy Ireland goes 20 lengths clear. One of the others is almost certainly going to have to chase. I wouldn't have thought that scenario would suit the speedier types, particularly on slow ground. Possibly one of reasons why the favourite has shortened.

Comment

• Walsh confirmed on Stormy Ireland. Very much looking forward to this

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
        Walsh confirmed on Stormy Ireland. Very much looking forward to this
        Big positive IMO, especially given what Mr Adjudicator has already won.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
          Walsh confirmed on Stormy Ireland. Very much looking forward to this
          I think that is good news for the opposition as the usual Walsh ride is just to sit in front. Will rarely go more than a few lengths clear.

Comment

• All the money is for Apple's Shakira. Struggling to see as the ground is drying. Any rain forecast? If not, I can see her drifting back out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
              All the money is for Apple's Shakira. Struggling to see as the ground is drying. Any rain forecast? If not, I can see her drifting back out.
              Nube Negra didn't do the form any harm I suppose.
              Might be that?

Comment

• I think the owner saying it was his best chance of the week on ITV could be the reason it's shortening

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                  I think the owner saying it was his best chance of the week on ITV could be the reason it's shortening
                  Could well be this... they asked JP in the ring if there was one of his he was going to have a bet on in the week & he said Apples Shakira

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
                    Could well be this... they asked JP in the ring if there was one of his he was going to have a bet on in the week & he said Apples Shakira
                    Plenty short now BUT a big winner for me

Comment

• Only a few days it looked as Redicean could almost go off favourite. Ominous drift.

Comment

• Calling Scooby:

Would Saldier handle the ground?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Only a few days it looked as Redicean could almost go off favourite. Ominous drift.
                          Probably ground related.

More emphasis on stamina.

Could be argued the better ground helped his jumping too.

I still have this between the two mares.... Apple's and Stormy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            Calling Scooby:

Would Saldier handle the ground?
                            Won't be an excuse, not a problem if he's good enough.
                            For what it's worth I think redicean is the one to beat.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Very surprised to see Apples Shakira this short personally. Obviously down the fact JP has been given the signal to lump on, AP has sounded very confident on this all week.

I think Stormy Ireland looks a big price considering she was the pick of Ruby, gets her ground.

Comment

• AJ way too short for me now. We are all guessing here imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X