Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a look at the rules re getting a mark a couple of weeks ago and my reading of them was: three runs no probs but trainer can also request a mark after two runs if the horse has placed both times or after one if it has won the race so unless there was something in the small print that I missed or I was reading flat instead of NH rules or something like that I do suspect that they would be able to get a mark for him if they wanted one. Sao in similar position as far as I can remember, two runs, one fall and one win and bits of blue for him on Oddschecker suggest he may be going Fred Winter and therefore entitled to be given a UK mark. Anyway this is all conjecture at the moment bit I am looking forward to involving myself in some of the debates on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy62 View Post
      I had a look at the rules re getting a mark a couple of weeks ago and my reading of them was: three runs no probs but trainer can also request a mark after two runs if the horse has placed both times or after one if it has won the race so unless there was something in the small print that I missed or I was reading flat instead of NH rules or something like that I do suspect that they would be able to get a mark for him if they wanted one. Sao in similar position as far as I can remember, two runs, one fall and one win and bits of blue for him on Oddschecker suggest he may be going Fred Winter and therefore entitled to be given a UK mark. Anyway this is all conjecture at the moment bit I am looking forward to involving myself in some of the debates on here.
      I know quite a few who have been refused. And a few more publically for Tony martin etc. . These are all the types of horse im waiting for with keen interest. But its a shame the entries are so far away. And it's almost impossible to guess what mark they would get

Msassa
      Demopolis
      Melody of scotland
      Elimay ********
      Eoline jolie
      Oistrakh Le Noir
      Sao
      Chante neige

Any could obviously go triumph

If anybody could be bothered to add all these with 365 I'd be very interested in the prices.

I think elimay might be the one for the silly mark because she hasn't got a whole host of 1s next to her name. Her and chante neige are closely matvhed to stormy ireland. The latter is the same owner.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 19 January 2018, 12:01 PM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Andy .... missed your first post somehow

I'm paranoid about asking for any of the above scooby - I need my 365 account

Does Saldier have another target after the Fairyhouse meeting was called off? I'd taken 40/1 NRNB before that was called off

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Welcome to the forum Andy .... missed your first post somehow

I'm paranoid about asking for any of the above scooby - I need my 365 account

Does Saldier have another target after the Fairyhouse meeting was called off? I'd taken 40/1 NRNB before that was called off
          Honestly don't know where but he will. Must admit iv cashed out on him when called off.

They quote me the same price now 20/1 every time when I try to add one they don't know. But I do ask prob far too many requests. I added Apple's shakira and espoir d'allen in the first place.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 21 January 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• This isn't really relevant for anyone, but I am in a much better spot this year compared to last year in the Triumph.

Last year I'd backed DDS, CP, Mega Fortune all at single figure prices....and in singles only made 3 pts profit on the race (DDS did land a 65 pt return from multiples though) - was in the Charli Parcs camp all season so DDS was more a saver than winner, bar the multiple!)

This year the only single figure horse I've backed is Espoir D'allen at 8.68/1 with WH and I've got 4 of the top 5 in the betting covered.

Apples Shakira - 1.2 pt - 25/1
            We Have a Dream - 0.75 pts e/w - 33/1
            Stormy Ireland NRNB - 1.5 pts e/w - 16/1
            Saldier NRNB - 0.75 pts e/w - 40/1 - might have to cash out
            Gumball - 1 pt e/w - 27/1
            Style De Garde - 0.75 pts e/w - 33/1
            Espoir D'allen - 1 pt e/w 10/1 and 1pt e/w 8.68/1

Apple's Shakira is the only one I've included in any multiple though, one was with Might Bite KG in a trixie, so she'd be my biggest signle winner too despite that not being the case in literal terms above.

She is my idea of the winner, although has no form in the book to confirm that yet, and she'll scare everything off next week too probably.

Of the others....

No desire to get Redicean in my plans at the current price - made my thoughts on him known a page or so back

Farclas is avail at 20s, looks held by Espoir D'allen and is 16s NRNB which isn't big enough to tempt me at the moment.

Sussex Ranger I think is held by We Have A Dream, so don't want to back that at half the price I've got WHAD at (16/s compared to 33s)

Et Mors Alors - PRobably had the race won yesterday, but 50/1 shot wasn't dealt with and although might be better than Sussex Ranger for the trainer, I don't really fancy either

Mitchouka - Held in Ireland and might not go here

Mr Adjudictor - 16/1 NRNB and 25/1 aren't enough for me at the moment because I think Stormy Ireland is number 1 for the stable... will have a market/jockey booking check at the Dublin festival though.

Loads of others, and in no way are 4yo's an area I feel I have an edge in... but I'm happy enough at this stage.

Comment

This isn't really relevant for anyone, but I am in a much better spot this year compared to last year in the Triumph.

Last year I'd backed DDS, CP, Mega Fortune all at single figure prices....and in singles only made 3 pts profit on the race (DDS did land a 65 pt return from multiples though) - was in the Charli Parcs camp all season so DDS was more a saver than winner, bar the multiple!)

This year the only single figure horse I've backed is Espoir D'allen at 8.68/1 with WH and I've got 4 of the top 5 in the betting covered.

Apples Shakira - 1.2 pt - 25/1
              We Have a Dream - 0.75 pts e/w - 33/1
              Stormy Ireland NRNB - 1.5 pts e/w - 16/1
              Saldier NRNB - 0.75 pts e/w - 40/1 - might have to cash out
              Gumball - 1 pt e/w - 27/1
              Style De Garde - 0.75 pts e/w - 33/1
              Espoir D'allen - 1 pt e/w 10/1 and 1pt e/w 8.68/1

Apple's Shakira is the only one I've included in any multiple though, one was with Might Bite KG in a trixie, so she'd be my biggest signle winner too despite that not being the case in literal terms above.

She is my idea of the winner, although has no form in the book to confirm that yet, and she'll scare everything off next week too probably.

Of the others....

No desire to get Redicean in my plans at the current price - made my thoughts on him known a page or so back

Farclas is avail at 20s, looks held by Espoir D'allen and is 16s NRNB which isn't big enough to tempt me at the moment.

Sussex Ranger I think is held by We Have A Dream, so don't want to back that at half the price I've got WHAD at (16/s compared to 33s)

Et Mors Alors - PRobably had the race won yesterday, but 50/1 shot wasn't dealt with and although might be better than Sussex Ranger for the trainer, I don't really fancy either

Mitchouka - Held in Ireland and might not go here

Mr Adjudictor - 16/1 NRNB and 25/1 aren't enough for me at the moment because I think Stormy Ireland is number 1 for the stable... will have a market/jockey booking check at the Dublin festival though.

Loads of others, and in no way are 4yo's an area I feel I have an edge in... but I'm happy enough at this stage.
              That's a good book kev not really worried about WHAD for win purposes but would have liked him ew. Or win at the 33s 66s in hind sight.

Apple's shakira 33/1 2pts
              Stormy ireland 40/1* 2pts
              Espoir dallen 33/1 2pts
              Msassa 28.0. 2pts before pulled out last time
              Gumball 33/1* 1pt
              Demopolis 33/1 1pt

All win only. On the look out though for entries. If I could cash out gumball and demopolis I would.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 21 January 2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Only Espoir D'allen that I should have taken at the bigger price really....

Your book is excellent, but no surprise as you have your finger firmly on the pulse for this race from day 1!

Stormy Ireland I was 15 seconds too slow to get 40/1 ... not unhappy with 16s though!

Hoping for an impressive performance against Espoir D'allen - 4 lbs better on RPR's - I see she's 7/4 and Espoir D'allen 10/11 this far out.... if they're close or SI wins I'll be finished in the race.

If Espoir D'allen wins impressively it isn't a real problem though

Comment

Only Espoir D'allen that I should have taken at the bigger price really....

Your book is excellent, but no surprise as you have your finger firmly on the pulse for this race from day 1!

Stormy Ireland I was 15 seconds too slow to get 40/1 ... not unhappy with 16s though!

Hoping for an impressive performance against Espoir D'allen - 4 lbs better on RPR's - I see she's 7/4 and Espoir D'allen 10/11 this far out.... if they're close or SI wins I'll be finished in the race.

If Espoir D'allen wins impressively it isn't a real problem though
                  I was about 3 second away from 5 pts ew on stormy Ireland at 50s 1/4
                  price was there but had to confirm deposit with the security banking password.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I was about 3 second away from 5 pts ew on stormy Ireland at 50s 1/4
                    price was there but had to confirm deposit with the security banking password.
                    Wounded.

I've tried to avoid that where I can by depositing first but that ties up cash flow in the bank for a couple of days so isn't ideal!

Comment

• Pete So High franking the Mr Adjudicator form there..... might re-assess that

25/1 available with WH
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 January 2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• In terms of Et Moi Alors, I was told a few months back that Gary Moore thought Sussex Ranger was the best horse in his yard.

Now, EMA could have improved since then as this was before SR debuted over hurdles, but it’s an interesting one all the same.

Comment

• Saldier entered up again now, only bet price 25/1 NRNB though now... was 40/1 before. I had cashed out the 40/1 assuming it'd still be there on entries so shot myself in the foot a little there

Comment

Saldier entered up again now, only bet price 25/1 NRNB though now... was 40/1 before. I had cashed out the 40/1 assuming it'd still be there on entries so shot myself in the foot a little there
                            Me too!

Comment

• Apple's Shakira looked to get outpaced running to the last and that was on deep ground. Jumps and stays but nothing that her likely opposition should be unduly concerned about.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Apple's Shakira looked to get outpaced running to the last and that was on deep ground. Jumps and stays but nothing that her likely opposition should be unduly concerned about.
                                I expect she will get placed at least but could be vulnerable on better. Apples Jade couldnt win the Triumph.

Comment

Working...
                                X