Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    I don’t understand how Style De Garde is still 33/1 for this race with Paddys. Top form over the channel, good performance first up beating a nice horse in Doctor Bartolo with ease. Has an entry on Friday in a decent looking race and if he wins as I expect him to then will be half that price at least
    Couldn't agree more again Rob.... Seem to be saying that a lot lately!

I thought it was telling that NJH was quick to mention him in his interview after WHAD won at the weekend... I thought it seemed obvious AS, WHAD and StG are his three best juveniles, so the current prices seem well out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Couldn't agree more again Rob.... Seem to be saying that a lot lately!

I thought it was telling that NJH was quick to mention him in his interview after WHAD won at the weekend... I thought it seemed obvious AS, WHAD and StG are his three best juveniles, so the current prices seem well out.
      Just the conundrum of who might be moved elsewhere... assume two of those three may take their chance in the triumph...

Comment

• Does anyone know how much JP paid for Appla Shakira?

Comment

• Style de Garde 8/11 v Gumball 13/8 tomorrow in the 3pm at Huntingdon..
          Good test to see how good SdG is

Comment

• Originally posted by lukemouaj View Post
            Does anyone know how much JP paid for Appla Shakira?
            Doesn't say in One Jump ahead but didn't ricci say "on the line" he was the under bidder and it was a lot?

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              Style de Garde 8/11 v Gumball 13/8 tomorrow in the 3pm at Huntingdon..
              Good test to see how good SdG is
              If Gumball gets close.... or wins, Apple's Shakira to shorten?

Comment

• You would think so Kev. Quite fancy Gumball today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  If Gumball gets close.... or wins, Apple's Shakira to shorten?
                  They're going to find life extremely tough with gumball of 144.. id be assuming that should be reassessed after today but there not one for dropping them massively.
                  How do they assess style de garde today gumball wasn't fluent at all on heavy when went off like a mad man and thumped by Apple's shakira who went on the golden high way up the rail And put her very short.
                  Style de garde thumps him fair and square but hes not in the colours of jp. What price do they put him?
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 12 January 2018, 07:45 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    They're going to find life extremely tough with gumball of 144.. id be assuming that should be reassessed after today but there not one for dropping them massively.
                    I think the triumph is well and truly on his radar. whether he's good enough..........

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      I think the triumph is well and truly on his radar. whether he's good enough..........
                      No where near. I'm happy to be proven wrong but he gets beat today.

Comment

• Classic cliche first post here but long time reader thought I'd get myself involved here!

In my opinion this race is really shaping up to be a cracker come March! Apple's Shakira makes an obvious favourite here and she did excite me from start of the year prior to here first run here, but I must say the past few weeks I've been starting to think she could easily be beaten by a fair few others, certainly going to be an intersting few months leading up to March for sure!!!

Comment

• Style de Garde wins today. And easily, he beat We Have A Dream in france... why should he not prove to be better also here in the UK? Especially when both trained by Nicky.

Although is this a master plot of Nickys? Trying out WHAD in graded company, having SDG running in standard races... then come the day Apples shakira goes to the mares novice and Nico sits pretty on SDG winning the triumph...

Comment

• I think we have a dream has a proper chance, that ground was horrible at chepstow and he went hands and heels until the last, then pulled away once Jacob used the whip.

How much weight would a juvenile mare get on the boys in this?

Comment

• Originally posted by lukemouaj View Post
                              Style de Garde wins today. And easily, he beat We Have A Dream in france... why should he not prove to be better also here in the UK? Especially when both trained by Nicky.

Although is this a master plot of Nickys? Trying out WHAD in graded company, having SDG running in standard races... then come the day Apples shakira goes to the mares novice and Nico sits pretty on SDG winning the triumph...
                              No plot. The only plot could have been SDG fred winter but gumball is rated too highly on possibly a silly mark. So he wouldn't have ran here today id have thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                No plot. The only plot could have been SDG fred winter but gumball is rated too highly on possibly a silly mark. So he wouldn't have ran here today id have thought
                                Fair enough, however someone mentioned on here the other day about SAO may head straight to the fred winter...i thought was a great shout... would not be the first time nichols pulled that one off.

At the moment i just feel Shakira wont run here and Espoir will end up being Fav.

Comment

Working...
                                X