Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
    His prep has been bizarre (which is admittedly up for interpretation) but he has run in two good chases and been beaten in both of them. You reckon PP should be rated 168? Seriously?
    168 .

Change to the rsa thread.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Elegant escape been well backed for 4 miler in last 24 hours

Comment

• The main thing i'd be taking away from Elliott's desire and and hope for getting Dounikos to run here is that it would be a negative for both Jury Duty and Fagan. The latter 2 runners would almost certainly have Jamie Codd and Lisa O'Neill onboard so they couldn't have a better jockey onboard for their chances.

So if he feels the need to bring Dounikos into the race when he hasn't exactly got strength in depth in the RSA, that gives me some concern on their chances

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          The main thing i'd be taking away from Elliott's desire and and hope for getting Dounikos to run here is that it would be a negative for both Jury Duty and Fagan. The latter 2 runners would almost certainly have Jamie Codd and Lisa O'Neill onboard so they couldn't have a better jockey onboard for their chances.

So if he feels the need to bring Dounikos into the race when he hasn't exactly got strength in depth in the RSA, that gives me some concern on their chances
          I can't remember where i read it Jono, Been reading so much. But Lisa O'neill quoted as saying Dounikos has a Great chance in this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            The main thing i'd be taking away from Elliott's desire and and hope for getting Dounikos to run here is that it would be a negative for both Jury Duty and Fagan. The latter 2 runners would almost certainly have Jamie Codd and Lisa O'Neill onboard so they couldn't have a better jockey onboard for their chances.

Certainly can see that being the case.

If Jury Duty / Fagan we're good enough, then would he be trying so hard... I wonder what he thinks sets the standard in this race though... has anything beaten either of those or got collateral form to really bother him?

Maybe he knows No Comment is jocked up and going to take the world of beating

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Certainly can see that being the case.

If Jury Duty / Fagan we're good enough, then would he be trying so hard... I wonder what he thinks sets the standard in this race though... has anything beaten either of those or got collateral form to really bother him?

Jury duty is good enough but hes not miles clear.
              Dounikos is a grade 1 animal ofcourse he'd fancy him in this, he's by far the best horse of these.
              There's no monalee or alboum photo here.

However giggingstown are all about the rsa and gold cup. He's without doubt a good chance in the rsa. And thats the olearys game. So if Gordon wants a penalty kick. It's up to him to convince them to change there philosophy.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Jury duty is good enough but hes not miles clear.
                Dounikos is a grade 1 animal ofcourse he'd fancy him in this, he's by far the best horse of these.
                There's no monalee or alboum photo here.

However giggingstown are all about the rsa and gold cup. He's without doubt a good chance in the rsa. And thats the olearys game. So if Gordon wants a penalty kick. It's up to him to convince them to change there philosophy.
                I hope he can't convince them

My thoughts are still exactly the same...if Dounikos comes here I will have to back it ... because of Gordon Elliott

Dounikos hasn't shown he's a grade 1 winning animal just yet though ?

Comment

I hope he can't convince them

My thoughts are still exactly the same...if Dounikos comes here I will have to back it ... because of Gordon Elliott

Dounikos hasn't shown he's a grade 1 winning animal just yet though ?
                  Iv no doubt that he's a grade 1 novice personally.

Alboum photo and dounikos have the most scope for improvement up in trip imo.
                  That's the 2 for next year's gold cup in my mind.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Dounikos doesn't fit key trends. You do need to have 3m form. That said, thought his latest run was eye-catching.
                    If EE goes here (fingers crossed) he's my biggest bet on the 1st day.

Comment

Seen it posted elsewhere that Derek O'C is now jocked up for No comment

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                        Dounikos doesn't fit key trends. You do need to have 3m form. That said, thought his latest run was eye-catching.
                        If EE goes here (fingers crossed) he's my biggest bet on the 1st day.
                        It has be to a concern for Dounikos backers. It’s what puts me off him. We know it’s a proper test and a ? over trip just isn’t for me at the current prices.

Comment

• Personally I don't see either Dounikos or Jury Duty staying 4 miles.

But then I do accept I'm not fit to lace Gordon's boots in terms of judging a horse!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Personally I don't see either Dounikos or Jury Duty staying 4 miles.

But then I do accept I'm not fit to lace Gordon's boots in terms of judging a horse!
                            Dounikos may well be more likely rsa anyway. Nobody has said he goes for the 4 miler. Only Gordon wants him in the 4 miler as his best chance. And amateurs would see him as the best chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Dounikos may well be more likely rsa anyeay.
                              Indeed. But if Gordon gets his way he won't be. And I just can't really understand why he's so adamant. I think he'd have more chance in the RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                Indeed. But if Gordon gets his way he won't be. And I just can't really understand why he's so adamant. I think he'd have more chance in the RSA.
                                He's so adamant because it's all but a penalty kick for a horse of his ability in the 4miler.

Comment

Working...
                                X