Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say this again as it is probably lost in the thread.

But I was back in Listowel in September and the girlfriend bumped into an old colleague and was chatting to her for probably the bones of a half hour about shite, so we got delayed leave the racecourse after racing, on the way out I saw a man in a hat that could only have been Willie he stood in for a photo and I asked him for a horse for the festival hoping he would give me the Supreme hot pot for the year, he said I think Rathvinden would have to have a great chance in the 4 miler. I requested odds that day and got 33s.

In addition to that little nugget I will add Willie had the very first parking space at the racecourse, I can only assume he was there before they had even opened the gates and was driving a 2005 5 series BMW, there must be some mileage on that.

Comment

• Jamie Codd confirmed to ride Jury Duty who is shortening up unsurprisingly.

Comment

• If Willie's car was in the best car park space, they either kept it for him or he slept in the car. He's renowned for being late for the races.

Comment

• Elegant escape not declared

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
            I'll say this again as it is probably lost in the thread.

But I was back in Listowel in September and the girlfriend bumped into an old colleague and was chatting to her for probably the bones of a half hour about shite, so we got delayed leave the racecourse after racing, on the way out I saw a man in a hat that could only have been Willie he stood in for a photo and I asked him for a horse for the festival hoping he would give me the Supreme hot pot for the year, he said I think Rathvinden would have to have a great chance in the 4 miler. I requested odds that day and got 33s.

In addition to that little nugget I will add Willie had the very first parking space at the racecourse, I can only assume he was there before they had even opened the gates and was driving a 2005 5 series BMW, there must be some mileage on that.
            No offence to you mate, but I wonder how many times Willie gets asked that question a day?

I wonder if he has a stock answer ready or if he genuinely thinks about every individual answer. Probably has a box with horses in it and a box with races. Every morning he picks a horse and a race and sticks with that. You were lucky you didn't ask on a day where he picked Getabird and the 4 miler

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Elegant escape not declared
              Not a huge surprise, but....bugger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Elegant escape not declared
                Not surprised given the support, just sad to see my 2pts drift away, not so much because of the stake, but more so because he was a 50/1 poke that had, what I would consider, to have been a fair chance too.

Comment

• Three good reasons I would not back Rathvinden

1, He is 10yrs old and not many horse win over 4 miles at the age of ten, not in this race anyway.

2, I do not think he is a good jumper, he even fell jumping hurdles.. the further you go the better jumper you need to be.

3, He has only every run over 3 miles three times all the other times he has ran around 2.4 miles. I do not think he will stay.

Comment

• This race has really cut up hasnt it. Pretty poor renewal.

Comment

• Fagan , Sizing Tennessee and Jury duty are all at the class level that competes in this race . It has attracted a better class of entry recently. .. Native river / Minella Rocco etc both placed in last years Gold Cup. I think that Fagan is the one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                        Fagan , Sizing Tennessee and Jury duty are all at the class level that competes in this race . It has attracted a better class of entry recently. .. Native river / Minella Rocco etc both placed in last years Gold Cup. I think that Fagan is the one.
                        was going to back Sizing Tennessee a few weeks back at 25/1 but lots of people said here that EE will likely go here and ST will then go somewhere else.. I will be gutted if he does go here and I have missed the price..

Comment

• Originally posted by giantchelsea View Post
                          No offence to you mate, but I wonder how many times Willie gets asked that question a day?

I wonder if he has a stock answer ready or if he genuinely thinks about every individual answer. Probably has a box with horses in it and a box with races. Every morning he picks a horse and a race and sticks with that. You were lucky you didn't ask on a day where he picked Getabird and the 4 miler
                          I'm sure he does. I was highlighting that this race has obviously been the horses main aim for at least 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                            Fagan , Sizing Tennessee and Jury duty are all at the class level that competes in this race . It has attracted a better class of entry recently. .. Native river / Minella Rocco etc both placed in last years Gold Cup. I think that Fagan is the one.

Regardless of how you rate him. wherever you rate Jury duty you d have to rate mossback pretty similarly.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Regardless of how you rate him. wherever you rate Jury duty you d have to rate mossback pretty similarly.
                              I have rated Mossback 3 lb behind Jury Duty and Sizing Tennessee. Fagan is 2lb clear and will relish the conditions of this race.

Comment

• Mossback needs it softer than soft as well. One only to punt on for me if the rains come

Comment

Working...
                                X