Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps Tizzard should give L.O'Neil or R.Blackmore a ring. I'd be happy with either. Lisa did me proud last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Derek O'Connor jumped off Native River and (maybe) that cost NR the race. Everyone knows how important it is to get a top jockey in this race and it's unlikely EE would get one.
      Ill flip it over and say this, its every jockeys life time ambition to ride a winner at festival. So taking that at face value ,they surely would want to ride the best available horse in the race. EE form taking shape , staggered they not banging on Tizz's door to ride him.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Perhaps Tizzard should give L.O'Neil or R.Blackmore a ring. I'd be happy with either. Lisa did me proud last year.
        Lisa O'Neil will be riding for gigginstown.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          Ill flip it over and say this, its every jockeys life time ambition to ride a winner at festival. So taking that at face value ,they surely would want to ride the best available horse in the race. EE form taking shape , staggered they not banging on Tizz's door to ride him.
          Who are "they" though TB. I can't see many options.

Codd, Carberry, O'Connor and O'Neil will ride for Elliott, JP or giggs
          Mullins rides for Mullins
          The dentist rides his dad's horse

Katy Walsh could perhaps be the one
          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 21 February 2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Codd rode him in that PTP against Samcro, so does know the horse and I'd imagine O'Connor will ride No Comment for JP. Elliott likely will have a few entries but also has jockeys to cover them, O'Neil being one of them, so I'm not ruling out Jamie Codd jumping on board still.

I'd be happy enough if Mr Legg rode him, mind.

Comment

Who are "they" though TB. I can't see many options.

Codd, Carberry, O'Connor and O'Neil will ride for Elliott, JP or giggs
              Mullins rides for Mullins
              The dentist rides his dad's house

Katy Walsh could perhaps be the one
              It will depend how many Giggs/Elliott chuck at the race tbh, because JP only has the one entry.

Comment

• Katie Walsh was my thought...a good number of pages back... for Mall Dini / Presenting Percy.... so from memory she's the "best" that isn't certain to have a ride so far?

Lisa O'Neill will ride for Gigginstown again
                Codd will ride for Elliott (maybe not Giggi, but Jury Duty)
                O'Connor on No Comment.... (is NO COMMENT) definitely running?

O'Connor coming free would be massive... maybe feels he "owes" Tizzard one?

O'Connor on Elegant Escape makes him fav IMO

Comment

• If I was CT I wouldn't consider O'Connor after he jumped ship 2 years ago.

I'd love to see EE run here but can see why CT is reluctant to commit.

Comment

• Just had a thought.

Is there any connection between Elegant Escape and Jamie Codd's late brother, Willie? As I know he was quite a big part of the Irish PTP scene, IF so, then maybe the sentimental ride?

Unsure if there was, do thought I'd ask on here.

Comment

• WATCH NOW: Don't miss our SEVEN exclusive Cheltenham Festival Video Previews covering the Supreme, Arkle, Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase, World Hurdle, Gold Cup and our panels best bets!

Full talk through of his horses from todays stable tour (though i'm not sure how popular Tizzard is on the forum so many may not want to listen to 40 minutes of Colin...)

But from 2:20 - talks about Elegant Escape

It's clear the Native River episode has certainly left a bitter mark (understandably to a degree)

With No Comment unlikely to run here without another run (just an opinion, nothing stated) it does free up O'Connor and although that would be the ideal booking, it really isn't going to happen. I get the impression Tizzard wouldn't even accept him as the ride even if he called up asking!

Although I would have been looking to book up an amateur as soon as possible for this race, and I doubted why he wouldn't have done so or at least enquired about the ride to some already...to cut him some slack you can see why he is reluctant to get too involved now after last time.
                      Last edited by jono; 21 February 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for that Jono. He's clearly annoyed by what happened a couple of years ago, and rightly so.

Comment

Thanks for that Jono. He's clearly annoyed by what happened a couple of years ago, and rightly so.
                          Yeah I take back my tongue in cheek comment about wanting him to sort it out... he said they have tried and they can't be trusted to be fair.

Very much a call to Jamie Codd though.... tweet him the video? haha

Comment

• Jamie Codd will ride Fagan imho
                            Who’s O’Connor riding for, JP?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              Jamie Codd will ride Fagan imho
                              Who’s O’Connor riding for, JP?
                              Would be No Comment as his only entry.

Codd on Fagan or Jury Duty I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Yeah I take back my tongue in cheek comment about wanting him to sort it out... he said they have tried and they can't be trusted to be fair.

Very much a call to Jamie Codd though.... tweet him the video? haha
                                Having said that.... I find it staggering he doesn't know who is in the market for the RSA

Comment

Working...
                                X