Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    This is such a unique race I'm not sure it's possible to apply usual rating/handicapping methodology.
    None of these will have traveled a yard over 3m yet this race requires them to go a mile further, so this is the one race opinion (about whether a horse has the required level of stamina) may count for more than numbers.
    As always, just my take....
    It does, of course, depend on what turns up on the day but in the last 4 years there's been about a 40% increase in prize-money and this has seen better horses go in this race. In 2014 Midnight Prayer won off 139 and there were only 3 runners rated higher. The last two runnings, the lowest rated in the first 4 was 143 and there were 13 and 12 horses rated 140 or higher in the field. It may well be that Impulsive Star will be better than 132 over 4 miles but I'd be waiting until the entries are out on Thursday(?) to see where he stands.

Comment

• Good info that Archie, appreciated.
      Until he’s proven over fences I’ll cling to the fact he was a 140 hurdler requiring an extreme test of stamina....

Comment

• No Comment the only JP horse entered up in the 4 miler this year. He's actually got a profile I would have really liked for this race but the fact he hasn't been seen this season means you can count him out.

Means Derek O'Connor will be available for another owner this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          No Comment the only JP horse entered up in the 4 miler this year. He's actually got a profile I would have really liked for this race but the fact he hasn't been seen this season means you can count him out.

Up for review entered here and the rsa. Is interesting
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

No Comment the only JP horse entered up in the 4 miler this year. He's actually got a profile I would have really liked for this race but the fact he hasn't been seen this season means you can count him out.

Jury duty is the one who interests me most. But theres no decent prices available at this stage.

Comment

No way in which O'Connor rides for JP and Codd jumps on board your original shout, Elegant Escape, as he rode him in that Samcro PTP? Just a thought really.

Comment

• Backed jury duty 12/1 ew nrnb bog. Was only 8s and pushed out. Very happy with that from what he's shown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Backed jury duty 12/1 ew nrnb bog. Was only 8s and pushed out. Very happy with that from what he's shown.
                  I have also just done this. Very happy with 12/1 NRNB

Comment

• I see Bet365 have pushed out quite a few, the only 2 that have retracted in price are Arbre De Vie & Impulsive Star.

Comment

• Come on Colin get the codd signed up for elegant escape. Apart from elegant escape, dury duty and mall dini all the other horses at the top of the market won't run and all others in the race general 130 handicappers

Comment

• Does anyone know what the plans are for Barney Dwan? He'd be of interest to me in this if I knew itp was his target.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          I see Bet365 have pushed out quite a few, the only 2 that have retracted in price are Arbre De Vie & Impulsive Star.
                          Fat Jockey money moving the market

Mall Dini - Katie Walsh
                          Elegant Escape - Derek O'Connor
                          Fagan - JAmie Codd

Are my speculative guesses.... I wonder if Nina will take a ride?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatjockey69 View Post
                            Come on Colin get the codd signed up for elegant escape. Apart from elegant escape, dury duty and mall dini all the other horses at the top of the market won't run and all others in the race general 130 handicappers

I think EE will go rsa personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Fat Jockey money moving the market

Mall Dini - Katie Walsh
                              Elegant Escape - Derek O'Connor
                              Fagan - JAmie Codd

Are my speculative guesses.... I wonder if Nina will take a ride?
                              I think codd on jury duty. Has a good relationship with elliot and he'll want to be on a live chance. And jury duty is that.
                              Ticks all the boxes and keeps galloping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                I think codd on jury duty. Has a good relationship with elliot and he'll want to be on a live chance. And jury duty is that.
                                Ticks all the boxes and keeps galloping.
                                Should have said "hopes" rather than guesses haha...

Jury Duty has been cut to 11/2 with PP NRNB .... 12s available as you mentioned earlier.... Having backed Fagan and able to cash it out, I think I will and 1 pt ew Jury Duty

Comment

Working...
                                X