Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Already a winner @NaasRacecourse, Next Destination will be aimed at the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle according to Willie Mullins.

Willie Mullins going all out for a fourth win in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle and could also run last weekend’s impressive Punchestown winner Getabird in the race.

ack Kennedy describes #Samcro as “lazy at home” and that he “saves it all for the track”. He’s a possible runner in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle @NaasRacecourse early in the New Year.

Someday is a likely runner for @Jessica_Racing in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle. Goes for a maiden hurdle either this weekend or over Christmas and will then step up in class.
    Would be fantastic for ND/Getabird/Samcro to clash.... but I don't think Willie will have his two in against each other, and I don't think Samcro would race either....I think they'll see how the land lies between now and then... but Gordy/Giggi don't shirk a challenge usually...

Sleepless night that night

Comment

• I’d be tempted to think that which ever Mullins horse misses a clash with Samcro is the yards #1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        I’d be tempted to think that which ever Mullins horse misses a clash with Samcro is the yards #1
        Could see that being the case.

If that did happen it'd be really hard to work out whether any money coming for the MUllins #1 was because they were confident or because people back Mullins/Walsh blindly.

Comment

• Jack Kennedy on samcro today...

He said: "He’s the best I’ve ridden. Whatever he does over hurdles, he looks to be better again chasing.

"There is something different about Samcro. He relaxes so well, he travels - without doing too much. When you want him he is there for you. I can’t tell you what ground he’d prefer, and a trip doesn’t matter. He is a big horse, with a big long stride.

"He’s very natural jumping a hurdle. At the moment I’d say two and a half miles is his best trip. You know as soon as you throw your leg across him he’s a little bit different."

Comment

• Cracking smart runs in the grade 2 at the weekend over 2m4. I really like him. Poss unlikely they would send him and samcro here, but samcro could get ruled out and tbh cracking smart could be the better horse particularly in the future. He dosent have to go 3 miles and covered him at 85.0 here. Had the exact same feeling with on the blind side and that worked out pretty well.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Cracking smart runs in the grade 2 at the weekend over 2m4. I really like him. Poss unlikely they would send him and samcro here, but samcro could get ruled out and tbh cracking smart could be the better horse particularly in the future. He dosent have to go 3 miles and covered him at 85.0 here. Had the exact same feeling with on the blind side and that worked out pretty well.
              I wouldn't back 84/1 that he wins more prize money in his career than Samcro

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Who has impressed people more so far between:

If The Cap Fits
                On The Blind Side
                Next Destination
                Getabird

Just those 4.... enough Samcro for now
                Jonny Ward votes for Getabird on the FFP

think that is at least a vote for every horse.....

Race of the festival?!

Comment

I wouldn't back 84/1 that he wins more prize money in his career than Samcro
                  I deffinately would

Comment

I deffinately would
                    Think Cracking Smart and Next Destination will take each other on at the weekend?

Comment

Think Cracking Smart and Next Destination will take each other on at the weekend?
                      Cracking smart deffinately runs, next destination is about the right timing. Really like them both.

Comment

Cracking smart deffinately runs, next destination is about the right timing. Really like them both.
                        Yeah clash of the season in the novice hurdle division so far if it happens.... unless I've forgotten anything?

Comment

Yeah clash of the season in the novice hurdle division so far if it happens.... unless I've forgotten anything?
                          Would be very good. Next destination would need to come out and back up his hurdling debut. That change of gear seemed to come from knowhere on his previous form. Cracking smart would look far and away the best novice who's already ran over 3. But would they want to run him in a bartlett? im not sure.

Comment

Would be very good. Next destination would need to come out and back up his hurdling debut. That change of gear seemed to come from knowhere on his previous form. Cracking smart would look far and away the best novice who's already ran over 3. But would they want to run him in a bartlett? im not sure.
                            I'm pretty confident they would if Samcro is fit and well.... despite NMH and DD in the last few years I still think Gigginstown and Elliott would view the Albert Bartlett as a decent prize with their philosophy... too much is being made of those two being beaten IMO

Comment

• Brian Ellison has said that Ravenhill Road is going to Cheltenham for the 2m3f race on 29th Dec as they want to go up in trip with him. You can tell he thinks the world of him.

Comment

Brian Ellison has said that Ravenhill Road is going to Cheltenham for the 2m3f race on 29th Dec as they want to go up in trip with him. You can tell he thinks the world of him.
                                Doncaster, not Cheltenham Kev. He definitely rates him highly. An ideal horse for the AB I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X