Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the fact they have very little for the AB makes me think ND will go there.

They just want winners, and I can't see how anyone can realistically suggest the AB isn't the easier race for ND. He's beaten the current fav twice. He looks like he will get the trip no problem.

I think Duc de Genièvre ran another great race and they might fancy he could get a bit closer to Samcro over further next time.

I think Ruby will ride Getabird Supreme, DdC Ballymore and ND Albert Bartlett myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      If they're confident Next destination could pout it up to Samcro, they'd take the easier option and go and beat Cracking Smart again wouldn't they?
      I dont think ND needs 3 miles. Cracking smart would out stay him for me.

If they went 3 they'd be avoiding samcro for me. And I don't think they'll avoid him at all.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I would be amazed if the yard even knew who was going where fro definite, so what chance do we have trying to work it out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          I would be amazed if the yard even knew who was going where fro definite, so what chance do we have trying to work it out!
          Considering most of their horses won't run again between now and then, I'd think they have an idea now mate! Now obviously things can change due to wellbeing of them all, but they won't be learning anything else on the racecourse before Chelts now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Considering most of their horses won't run again between now and then, I'd think they have an idea now mate! Now obviously things can change due to wellbeing of them all, but they won't be learning anything else on the racecourse before Chelts now.
            The 2 that diddnt run. I think already booked there place in the supreme ballymore respectively.

The others ran to get a line, book there places. In any of the 3 or martin pipe.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 5 February 2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              The 2 that diddnt run. I think already booked there place in the supreme ballymore respectively.
              Agree about Getabird. Juries out on ND. If ND were mine, I'd fancy my chances of beating CS again more than I would of beating Samcro, even though I wouldn't be scared to take Samcro on.

To my eyes DdC has just promoted himself to third best Novice in the team and surely you'd split up your three best?

Comment

Agree about Getabird. Juries out on ND. If ND were mine, I'd fancy my chances of beating CS again more than I would of beating Samcro, even though I wouldn't be scared to take Samcro on.

To my eyes DdC has just promoted himself to third best Novice in the team and surely you'd split up your three best?
                They're the 3 best.
                I'd be assuming Jared sullivan wants one in each. His best chance for me is ddg in the supreme.

I'd be confident ND ballymore more is his right race.
                It's kind of a pointless argument as we could both be well wrong. We won't know until the day before.

I want to see ddg supreme though I must admit.

Financially nd bartlett would suit me best.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 5 February 2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

They're the 3 best.
                  I'd be assuming Jared sullivan wants one in each. His best chance for me is ddg in the supreme.

I'd be confident ND ballymore more is his right race.
                  It's kind of a pointless argument as we could both be well wrong. We won't know until the day before.

I want to see ddg supreme though I must admit.
                  So you think they would run two of their three best against each other and leave the AB to Carter McKay?

Comment

So you think they would run two of their three best against each other and leave the AB to Carter McKay?
                    I think that's there right races for the owners and horses yes. Not necessarily what will l happen as we've seen with bellshill/ shaneshill. Theres a few for the bartlett but Carter McKay. (Not one for me to back) has the most potential over the trip.

Comment

I think that's there right races for the owners and horses yes. Not necessarily what will l happen as we've seen with bellshill/ shaneshill. Theres a few for the bartlett but Carter McKay. (Not one for me to back) has the most potential over the trip.
                      So you think CM would beat ND over 3m at Cheltenham on spring ground?!

Comment

So you think CM would beat ND over 3m at Cheltenham on spring ground?!
                        Personally yes. I think he wins. I don't think ND is best suited to 3 in the bartlett.

Comment

• I think Cracking Smart would be a good bet to out stay Next Destination too, but the logic in putting him in against Cracking Smart having beaten him quite nicely twice makes plenty of appeal.

Samcro, Next Destination, On The Blind Side will be an absolutely magnificent turn up for the race as a 'clash'.

Samcro was a better bumper horse than both though, and has now also got better hurdles form than both. Close as you say it is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to say Next Destination has stronger form than Samcro's win at the weekend?

That is without factoring how visually impressive he was and the fact he put the race to bed so easily. I also think Next Destination wants it a bit softer... but I've said that already.

Carter McKay wins nothing at Cheltenham....

Comment

Personally yes. I think he wins. I don't think ND is best suited to 3 in the bartlett.
                            Fair play. Couldn't agree myself. Don't think CM handled the track at all last year and Id be avoiding him in any race. Just doesn't look up to Festival standard to my eyes.

I think he's probably a soft ground horse as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I think Cracking Smart would be a good bet to out stay Next Destination too, but the logic in putting him in against Cracking Smart having beaten him quite nicely twice makes plenty of appeal.

Samcro, Next Destination, On The Blind Side will be an absolutely magnificent turn up for the race as a 'clash'.

Samcro was a better bumper horse than both though, and has now also got better hurdles form than both. Close as you say it is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to say Next Destination has stronger form than Samcro's win at the weekend?

That is without factoring how visually impressive he was and the fact he put the race to bed so easily. I also think Next Destination wants it a bit softer... but I've said that already.

Carter McKay wins nothing at Cheltenham....
                              I don't think ND form is better but I don't think there's much in it, my complete honest opinion is I think samcro by about 2 lengths. Wouldn't be shocked if nd just won or 1/2L either way I'd be surprised if samcro won by more than 3L
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 5 February 2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

No no no.

I misread I thought you said cracking smart.
                                No I don't think Carter McKay would beat ND.

Comment

Working...
                                X