Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    Anyone think Mullins bingo became a little easier today? I don’t think there’s any doubt that Getabird and Next Destination are Mullins best novices and I don’t think he’ll want to take Samcro on with either of them. Samcro’s performance could mean Next Destinstion is sent for the Albert Bartlett. He can then take Samcro on with Duc Des Genievres who could run an honourable 2nd/3rd and means the big guns aren’t “wasted”. Just a thought.
    Exactly how I see it VF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Exactly how I see it VF.
      Want this to be right.

Sharjah was not good today ... DDG definitely up in trip though? Without Samcro he ran a blinder?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Want this to be right.

Sharjah was not good today ... DDG definitely up in trip though? Without Samcro he ran a blinder?
        I think hell stay at 2 duc des genievres he travelled very well I was drawn to him as much as anything in the race until samcro took it up. I backed him ew nrnb for the supreme straight after the race. Time will tell if he goes there but he has the right mix of pace and stamina.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I think hell stay at 2 duc des genievres he travelled very well I was drawn to him as much as anything in the race until samcro took it up. I backed him ew nrnb for the supreme straight after the race. Time will tell if he goes there but he has the right mix of pace and stamina.
          Agree with that Scooby. Thought he ran a great race for such an inexperienced horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Agree with that Scooby. Thought he ran a great race for such an inexperienced horse.
            Iv just watched it again and backed him again ew quite heavily. Can't see him out the 3 if he goes.

Comment

Iv just watched it again and backed him again ew quite heavily. Can't see him out the 3 if he goes.
              Issue would be that he's going to be the clear stable second string in the Supreme?

I've also added 14/1 e/w though Supreme.

Comment

• If I was to take a guess I fancy he’ll go Ballymore. The Lawlor’s run was excellent over 2m4f and Mullins will have to take Samcro on with something. I think he’s overpriced for both!

Comment

Issue would be that he's going to be the clear stable second string in the Supreme?

I've also added 14/1 e/w though Supreme.
                  Initially I was looking samcro easy winner I knew or believed sharjah/ real steel wasn't all that and I stopped watching duc des genievres to watch samcro when he took it up.
                  Now iv watched it over and over I'm all over duc des genievres for the supreme.

Comment

If I was to take a guess I fancy he’ll go Ballymore. The Lawlor’s run was excellent over 2m4f and Mullins will have to take Samcro on with something. I think he’s overpriced for both!
                    I think ND ballymore. I honestly don't think there's a huge deal between him and samcro. I think ND wants decent ground and I can't see more than a couple of lengths in it.

Comment

I think ND ballymore. I honestly don't think there's a huge deal between him and samcro. I think ND wants decent ground and I can't see more than a couple of lengths in it.
                      I'd worry about ground for Next Destination. Twice on ran witrh Good in the going, are the two times he's been beaten.

He beat Paloma Blue(14L) further than Samcro did today (9.5L) ....

Comment

I'd worry about ground for Next Destination. Twice on ran witrh Good in the going, are the two times he's been beaten.

He beat Paloma Blue(14L) further than Samcro did today (9.5L) ....
                        They've always said he wants decent ground ND he ran a cracker in the champion bumper and he's much better over obstacles due to his slick hurdling. Samcros obvs very good. Probably more stylish. but I honestly see little between them

Comment

If I was to take a guess I fancy he’ll go Ballymore. The Lawlor’s run was excellent over 2m4f and Mullins will have to take Samcro on with something. I think he’s overpriced for both!
                          At 12/1 for this, that could well be true. He'd not reverse the form with Samcro though for my money, so a bit of a risk if its only the each way part that is 'live'?

Comment

• Think people can massively overthink things. Supreme and Ballymore, Samcro wins one, Getabird wins the other, don’t think people will go far wrong with that. Getabird obviously more vulnerable but to think Samcro will get beat, on all known form, potential, and everything else, just seems overthinking to me. Next destination beat Cracking smart, a proper stayer, a couple of lengths. No way will he have the pace to live with Samcro

Comment

They've always said he wants decent ground ND he ran a cracker in the champion bumper and he's much better over obstacles due to his slick hurdling. Samcros obvs very good. Probably more stylish. but I honestly see little between them
                              Depends on whether you rate the Champion Bumper form I suppose...

Fayonagh would have won by much further without the ridiculous start, but a line through her anyway unfortuantely... you're left with:

2nd Debuchet, certainly looks nothing special in 2 starts,
                              3rd Claimantakinforgan - flopped today?
                              5th WEstern Ryder - Also flopped last time out
                              6th Dans Le Vent - won at odds on but beaten 56: last time out
                              7th And The New - has an RPR of 124 (beat Ravenshill Road last time out)
                              8th Mountain Rock - Has had 8 runs since the bumper, no wins
                              9th Cause Toujours - BEaten fav at odds on both hurldes starts
                              10th Nelson's Touch - 5 runs since, no wins

The bumper was poor IMO - Next Destination was visually impressive on his hurdles start but I don't think he'd cause Samcro any issues.

Comment

Depends on whether you rate the Champion Bumper form I suppose...

Fayonagh would have won by much further without the ridiculous start, but a line through her anyway unfortuantely... you're left with:

2nd Debuchet, certainly looks nothing special in 2 starts,
                                3rd Claimantakinforgan - flopped today?
                                5th WEstern Ryder - Also flopped last time out
                                6th Dans Le Vent - won at odds on but beaten 56: last time out
                                7th And The New - has an RPR of 124 (beat Ravenshill Road last time out)
                                8th Mountain Rock - Has had 8 runs since the bumper, no wins
                                9th Cause Toujours - BEaten fav at odds on both hurldes starts
                                10th Nelson's Touch - 5 runs since, no wins

The bumper was poor IMO - Next Destination was visually impressive on his hurdles start but I don't think he'd cause Samcro any issues.
                                You could go exactly the same way about samcros bumpers.
                                They're both better for hurdles.

I think he will, genuinely. Not long until we see , assuming ND goes there. I can't see more than 2 lengths in it. Will be a good race. Samcro obv has a favourites chance but Its not a done deal imo.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 4 February 2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X