Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have had to have a nibble on the 8s with hills for Slate House in the Ballymore at Cheltenham tomorrow. Best horse in the race for me, at what should be his optimum trip, Tizzard yard starting to fire (despite Tizzard), be surprised if he finishes out of the 3

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
      Have had to have a nibble on the 8s with hills for Slate House in the Ballymore at Cheltenham tomorrow. Best horse in the race for me, at what should be his optimum trip, Tizzard yard starting to fire (despite Tizzard), be surprised if he finishes out of the 3
      Rob,
      Ive been told Pacific De Baune is a bit tasty. I see Nico has chosen it over Santini.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Rob,
        Ive been told Pacific De Baune is a bit tasty. I see Nico has chosen it over Santini.
        Could be anything, but on collateral form On The Blind Side only has a couple of lengths in hand on Mulcahys Hill so I see him as the big danger. On the blind side surely the stables best hope for the Ballymore itself

Comment

• Confirmed by Mike Spence today on Twitter that OTBS heads here and not the Albert Bartlett!

Comment

• Loving me 33s if true COD

Comment

• The correct heading for this thread would be Ballymore (previously Neptune, previously Ballymore) Hurdle.

Looks like it was first post Nama splurge for sponsor.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                The correct heading for this thread would be Ballymore (previously Neptune, previously Ballymore) Hurdle.

Looks like it was first post Nama splurge for sponsor.
                Haha, I only put "Previously Neptune" because I altered the name of the original "Neptune" thread which it was over the summer when it started and wanted to make it a pain free transition.

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Confirmed by Mike Spence today on Twitter that OTBS heads here and not the Albert Bartlett!
                Does Mike Spencer own those horses? I've not come across him before, I see he was on Luck on Sunday giving Acting Lass a big chance in the JLT though, cheers twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Does Mike Spencer own those horses? I've not come across him before, I see he was on Luck on Sunday giving Acting Lass a big chance in the JLT though, cheers twitter.
                  He has some sort of ties with OTBS. He claims to be a pro punter, and if so he technically wouldn't want to be a named owner, as unable to lay any horse under the rules of ownership I believe, though a relative (unsure which one) is the owner, though Mike Spence seems to tweet enough about all of 'their' horses. Rich Ricci isn't the named owner of his mob, unsure on the reasons for that, and have never actually questioned it or looked at it, but I'm sure there are reasons.

Comment

• Mike Spences Dad (Alan) owns the horse

Comment

• Has this Mike Spence guy ever had a proper job or has he basically just led a life of leisure sponging off his dad?

Not the best of tips with Acting Lass as it doesn't appear to be entered.

As for On The Blind Side, thanks. I would have thought the dual entry would have been entirely sensible. If I hadn't backed it for both races I think I would be cheering on Samcro.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        He has some sort of ties with OTBS. He claims to be a pro punter, and if so he technically wouldn't want to be a named owner, as unable to lay any horse under the rules of ownership I believe, though a relative (unsure which one) is the owner, though Mike Spence seems to tweet enough about all of 'their' horses. Rich Ricci isn't the named owner of his mob, unsure on the reasons for that, and have never actually questioned it or looked at it, but I'm sure there are reasons.
                        Believe it is to do with an Irish tax case, where Jim Bolgers wife was owner of the horses so that any prize money from horses winning would not be assessable to income tax on Jims training operations. In the event that Jim was the owner, any prize money would have been taxable, as it was the wife it was deemed as a hobbie and unconnected to the trade. That was the initial logic for putting down the wife anyway, why that might apply to Rich I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Has this Mike Spence guy ever had a proper job or has he basically just led a life of leisure sponging off his dad?

Not the best of tips with Acting Lass as it doesn't appear to be entered.

As for On The Blind Side, thanks. I would have thought the dual entry would have been entirely sensible. If I hadn't backed it for both races I think I would be cheering on Samcro.
                          If i made the money Mike makes from gambling dont think I would be getting a proper job ;-)

Comment

• Samcro not declared for 2m6f novice on Saturday (or ICH).

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Samcro not declared for 2m6f novice on Saturday (or ICH).
                              Just saw this wow. Great news for Getabird backers.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Samcro not declared for 2m6f novice on Saturday (or ICH).
                                Gordon has said in a video just now that is because the ground is heavy and the plan is very much the Ballymore

Comment

Working...
                                X