Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33/1 on the blind side looking very good 4 March

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
      I’ve been considering this too but I just don’t think Henderson is a ‘sidestepper’. I reckon Next Destination will be the one who sidesteps as, at this point, he’d look to be Mullins best novice and while Ballymore probably suits the horse best Willie will want ND going at whatever race he has the best chance of winning. It might sound ridiculous but I don’t think it’s out the question that ND goes Supreme... and if he did I think he’d be favourite.
      Was thinking the same about Next Destination to be honest, especially as Willie has Getabird for the Albert Bartlett or Ballymore too, plus others I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        So Poetic Rhythm pays a compliment to On The blind Side. OTBS is surely a knocking good bet each way in the Ballymore!
        He does
        , but not a big one. You have to admit that was a poor race in strength and depth. None of them would get near winning a ballymore.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Dortmund Park bouncing back there, saw out the 2m4f quite well so might be here rather than the Supreme now?

Comment

• What you reckon Kev, pacemaker for Samcro?

Comment

• Nothing will get close close to Samcro , just my personal opinion.

Next Destination was outpaced last time out turning for home by Poli Roi at Navan at two and half mile, ND last furlong should tell you all you need to know he finished like a train , Albert Bartlett bound as is the second Cracking Smart who also finished strong.

Comment

• I see Getabird is entered up (early closer) for the Naas Novice Hurdle on Sunday along with as we expected Next Destination and Samcro. Probably the three most exciting novice prospects in Ireland. Any chance Willie will run both on Sunday? I'd imagine Getabird needs the run more so than Next Destination...should be a very informative race nonetheless.
                Last edited by SeanRock; 1 January 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  I see Getabird is entered up (early closer) for the Naas Novice Hurdle on Sunday along with as we expected Next Destination and Samcro. Probably the three most exciting novice prospects in Ireland. Any chance Willie will run both on Sunday? I'd imagine Getabird needs the run more so than Next Destination...should be a very informative race nonetheless.
                  Getabird not 1 of the 15 remaining on Sunday so Samcro versus Next Destination looking on

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                    Getabird not 1 of the 15 remaining on Sunday so Samcro versus Next Destination looking on
                    Really hope ND doesnt burst the Samcro bubble but I would be lying if I said i wasnt worried, Samcros biggest test to date by a mile

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      Really hope ND doesnt burst the Samcro bubble but I would be lying if I said i wasnt worried, Samcros biggest test to date by a mile
                      Indeed. Caught between two minds at the moment, whether it would be better to mop up the remaining 2/1 in a few multiples that appeal after the racing over Christmas, or wait and see how good he really is.

I have him well covered any race at 10/1, and in a good few multiples at 9/2, but if he goes and wins on Sunday he'll go odds on, and I'll really feel like I under-utilised his price then. Head says wait, heart says play.

Comment

• Pandamodium if Samcro gets beaten by ND.

I just hope he doesn't do a Mengli Khan

I hope they don't duck the challenge!

Ideal scenario is Samcro wins, with ND plugging up behind looking like 3miles is what he needs

Comment

• I don't think GE will dodge the race with Samcro. It's far more likely that WPM will swerve the race with Next Destination.

It'd be great if the clash were to happen but I'm far from convinced that it will.

Comment

• I would have agreed too FM, but I thought Patrick’s quote suggested he is definitely running myself.

Comment

• Sorry realised it wasnt on here...

Patrick Mullins, assistant to his father, said: " This race has been the plan for Next Destination since before Christmas.

"One or both of Carter McKay and Duc Des Genievres will also run in the race. We saw at Leopardstown last week, it is never any harm to have back-up in these races.

"Carter McKay won a bumper at Naas, so his plan is to go as well.

"Duc Des Genievres is a horse we like a lot. He won his maiden hurdle in France in May so is slightly more difficult to place and we'll see how he works during the week before making a definite plan for him."

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                I don't think GE will dodge the race with Samcro. It's far more likely that WPM will swerve the race with Next Destination.

It'd be great if the clash were to happen but I'm far from convinced that it will.
                                They will both run. Would have been the plan for both for a very long time. Samcro should win but it's deffinately a step up in opposition. Next destination is good enough to give him something to think about.
                                looks a small field though. With a couple from Willie and one from Joseph

Also worth noting the horses behind for the martin pipe.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 2 January 2018, 05:34 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X