Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Any race probably the wise decision assuming he wins well.
    What you thinking trip wise?
    He has the right blend of speed and stamina for the ballymore I'd have thought. He finds off the bridle, but will be interesting to see if this lot can get him off it tomorrow.
    Im at a complete loss to decide TBH, which is why I did any race... I suppose it will depend on what the rest do, but gut feeling is that the Ballymore is the right race for him, but he isn't vastly different in price for that race, so doesn't seem worth the risk.

I'm hopeful he will be their number one Ballymore horse, Reel Steel their number one Supreme horse and Next Destination their number one AB horse. If only it was that simple! But as we stand, if I were Ruby, they would be the three I'd want to ride in those three races. No doubt much will change in the next few months as there are loads of others to consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Taken some 14/1 any race Getabird before he sluices up tomorrow.
      You'd have to be please at that looked pretty good there. This looks the right race atm but you would rule or the bartlett down the line
      Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 12:15 PM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Willie Mullins on Getabird (2/5fav): "That was a good performance. He jumped like a chaser rather than a hurdler, and to do that on that ground takes a fair bit of ability. He’ll be a nice staying novice hurdler. He’ll come on hugely from that.”

Comment

• I am quite excited about getabird, when he won his bumper last year the time was phenomenal and he was all the rage for the festival.. I hope the Neptune is his target as willie has next destination for the AB and getabird isn't short of pace.. if samcro is as good as Gordon says then he probably wins but at 16/1, 8x the times of the favourite.. if he lines up he's one for the each way multiple

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Willie Mullins on Getabird (2/5fav): "That was a good performance. He jumped like a chaser rather than a hurdler, and to do that on that ground takes a fair bit of ability. He’ll be a nice staying novice hurdler. He’ll come on hugely from that.”
            Does Willie saying he'll be a nice staying novice hurdler not make anyone think he might take him for the potato race, despite having Next Destination?

Comment

• All depends what big rich has for the AB, is senewalk more of a stayer?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                Does Willie saying he'll be a nice staying novice hurdler not make anyone think he might take him for the potato race, despite having Next Destination?
                Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                All depends what big rich has for the AB, is senewalk more of a stayer?
                I'd exercise plenty of caution in picking the target at this stage.... we don't know these will be Willie's (Ruby's) best rides in either race just yet...

Plus, like with Bellshill/Yorkhill - he can get it wrong!

Comment

• I’m hopeful Getabird will be the Ballymore horse and ND the AB horse. But you couldn’t be confident could you?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    I’m hopeful Getabird will be the Ballymore horse and ND the AB horse. But you couldn’t be confident could you?!
                    I'd also be hopeful but could well be the opposite or both in ballymore which right now would likely be the plan.. The lawyors hotel at naas should reveal all .
                    They already have plenty of decent horses set for the bartlett in the pink and green and ainsi va la vie could be another. Senewalk wont be one of them. Id forget him completely. They took a punt on the breeding from a long way out, it hasn't worked out.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Who has impressed people more so far between:

If The Cap Fits
                      On The Blind Side
                      Next Destination
                      Getabird

Just those 4.... enough Samcro for now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Who has impressed people more so far between:

If The Cap Fits
                        On The Blind Side
                        Next Destination
                        Getabird

If the cap fits.
                        But I was really impressed and suprised by next destination.
                        In an ideal world I'd like samcro to bypass this weekend find out if next destination is as good as he looked on his 1st start.
                        And then the 2 meet.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Is Samcro likely to run this weekend. It is a race GE likes to target but I see he has plenty entered.

The most impressive of those four was OTBS for me. Really liked his performance on Friday.

Comment

If The Cap Fits
                            On The Blind Side
                            Next Destination
                            Getabird

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            If the cap fits.
                            But I was really impressed and suprised by next destination.
                            In an ideal world I'd like samcro to bypass this weekend find out if next destination is as good as he looked on his 1st start.
                            And then the 2 meet.
                            Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Is Samcro likely to run this weekend. It is a race GE likes to target but I see he has plenty entered.

The most impressive of those four was OTBS for me. Really liked his performance on Friday.
                            Didn't get my wish there did I

I feel like we'd know if Samcro was going to run this weekend already.... wouldn't see why GE would stray from his original plan? Hope I'm wrong though!

****On The Blind Side impressed in the Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle at Sandown on Friday, coping with the slight drop in trip from his Cheltenham assignment well. He looked to need every yard of 2m5f at Prestbury Park, but he improved on that effort at Sandown and is now rated 153, putting him firmly in the mix for the Ballymore at Cheltenham, a target Nicky Henderson seemed very definite about afterwards.

Comment

If The Cap Fits
                              On The Blind Side
                              Next Destination
                              Getabird

Next Destination for me.

Comment

• Already a winner @NaasRacecourse, Next Destination will be aimed at the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle according to Willie Mullins.

Willie Mullins going all out for a fourth win in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle and could also run last weekend’s impressive Punchestown winner Getabird in the race.

ack Kennedy describes #Samcro as “lazy at home” and that he “saves it all for the track”. He’s a possible runner in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle @NaasRacecourse early in the New Year.

Someday is a likely runner for @Jessica_Racing in the Grade 1 @LawlorsNaas Novice Hurdle. Goes for a maiden hurdle either this weekend or over Christmas and will then step up in class.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X