Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    Call me old fashioned and slap me with a wet Lettuce !, but i've backed Slate house in the Supreme at 25-1 .
    the Ballymore at 20-1 and the Al b.b.bartlett at 25 -1. so i hope he turns up in one of them !!!!.
    Have you ever heard of the any race market? backing the 3 works out at less than 8/1 without the reserve of a handicap if he somehow disappointed.
    16s any race currently
    Last edited by Scooby91; 23 November 2017, 09:36 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Yeah , heard of it Scooby , BUT , way tooo complicated for a simple Tradie like me .

Way i see it , supreme - 40% staked ,Ballymore - 50% staked and A.B 10% , so as long as
      he runs and places in one of those , i'm in front ??.

Comment

Yeah , heard of it Scooby , BUT , way tooo complicated for a simple Tradie like me .

Way i see it , supreme - 40% staked ,Ballymore - 50% staked and A.B 10% , so as long as
        he runs and places in one of those , i'm in front ??.
        Or not ?? , maybe ,.

Comment

Or not ?? , maybe ,.
          Did you back all 3 ew too?

Comment

Call me old fashioned and slap me with a wet Lettuce !, but i've backed Slate house in the Supreme at 25-1 .
            the Ballymore at 20-1 and the Al b.b.bartlett at 25 -1. so i hope he turns up in one of them !!!!.
            I'd slap you with a lettuce BC Wish we had an emoji for that!

Moving forwards (and speaking from experience from my own punting a few years back) when I realised that its effectivly half the odds if you back for two races, i quickly started realising that the value starts slipping away quite quickly.....

It's a little bit like backing each way too, that can very quickly be poor value and scooby made some good points on that elsewhere.... I still do back each way and imagine will continue to for the time-being, but well worth reading over again

In your case, I'm sure you can just about make it work out the same as you've weighted the stake differently, but it'd be much easier to find the "to win any race market" on PP, BFSB, WH and Skybet... IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I'd slap you with a lettuce BC Wish we had an emoji for that!

Moving forwards (and speaking from experience from my own punting a few years back) when I realised that its effectivly half the odds if you back for two races, i quickly started realising that the value starts slipping away quite quickly.....

It's a little bit like backing each way too, that can very quickly be poor value and scooby made some good points on that elsewhere.... I still do back each way and imagine will continue to for the time-being, but well worth reading over again

In your case, I'm sure you can just about make it work out the same as you've weighted the stake differently, but it'd be much easier to find the "to win any race market" on PP, BFSB, WH and Skybet... IMO
              From a singles perspective, as this is that is perfectly fine, however it is no good for multi's as no one offers 'any race' for multiples I don't believe, do they?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                From a singles perspective, as this is that is perfectly fine, however it is no good for multi's as no one offers 'any race' for multiples I don't believe, do they?
                You can add one 'any race' selection in a multiple with PP or BFSB but for multiples you're right yeah.

I'd want to be confident on the majority of multiple selections unless I was covering multiple like you've mentioned previously

Comment

• If The Cap Fits looks top drawer alright he's not even had to get out of 2nd gear so far, I'm surprised Harry Fry dropped him down in trip lto he looks the type to get 2m 4/5f

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Nice performance that from If The Cap Fits. Looking like a good little bet.
                    If The Cap Fits looks top drawer alright he's not even had to get out of 2nd gear in his first two starts, I'm surprised Harry Fry dropped him down in trip lto he looks the type to improve with a trip, Noel Fehily gave him a glowing mention in Paul Fergusons Jumpers to follow book this year

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                      If The Cap Fits looks top drawer alright he's not even had to get out of 2nd gear in his first two starts, I'm surprised Harry Fry dropped him down in trip lto he looks the type to improve with a trip, Noel Fehily gave him a glowing mention in Paul Fergusons Jumpers to follow book this year
                      Noel Fehily will have to join the queue that Scooby is at the front of

Comment

Scooby saw him 1st, he's got dibs

Comment

Lol. I honestly can't see him being beaten in any of the races coming up. No matter the opposition. I will be suprised if he dosent turn up in the neptune unbeaten.
                          I'm aware it's bullish but he has everything, you can tell he's good when Noel is looking behind him then let's out an inch of reign and he's gone.

Then next year

Annamix arkle
                          If the cap fits jlt
                          Next destination/ samcro RSA

If only it was was that easy
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 24 November 2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• The 33/1 about ITCF is still so tempting for here, too tempting in fact. I only have 16s any race and I've just watched Neon Wolf for Fry and Fehily last season before ITCF's runs back and its impossible to not be impressed IMO.

Although the RSA 2019 winner is On The Blind Side

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Lol. I honestly can't see him being beaten in any of the races coming up. No matter the opposition. I will be suprised if he dosent turn up in the neptune unbeaten.
                              I'm aware it's bullish but he has everything, you can tell he's good when Noel is looking behind him then let's out an inch of reign and he's gone.

Then next year

Annamix arkle
                              If the cap fits jlt
                              Next destination/ samcro RSA

If only it was was that easy
                              Samcro might have something to say about that, he really is a special talent

Comment

• Palmers hill very disappointing there. Early stages but I'd be happy enough to cross him off the list of potential winners.

Comment

Working...
                                X