Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't take too much from that as to PP chances in this race. He beat Augusta Kate a few lengths who is by no means a top class horse (Apple's Jade has beaten her almost a hundred lengths combined in last three starts). Monalee finished 20+ lengths ahead of Augusta Kate in the bartlett last year so if Monalee is back to his best and targets this race then would be confident he'll finish ahead of PP

Comment

• Trainer Kelly said he went with the hurdle race for PP because he didn't want to take to much out of him in this ground with the RSA very much the plan.

Comment

• What beats Percy will win RSA imo , very impressed with that.

Comment

• At 3/1 NRNB best price you'd HAVE to look elsewhere for the winner of the RSA though surely at this stage?

I am a big fan of Presenting Percy (like most of the horse racing population) but he was available at 7/1 for this race before the trainer spoke about this being the target (despite 7/1 being available NRNB) .... then cut to 5/1 ish, then today he won a hurdle race and is 3/1.... THe odds might be right but the value is long gone based on confirmation of target and a spin over hurdles against some average mares and handicappers....

At the prices now, Fountains Windfall, Monalee NRNB, Invitation Only all next in the market would appeal more now....

Comment

• Ludicrous price 3/1. Was a good performance today given the conditions but any of the market rivals for the RSA you would have expected to have dispatched that field in the same manner. I respect PP, especially back on better ground and at Cheltenham, and imagine Davy will get a right tune out of him. But you can’t back them all and he’s one I’m happy enough to take on. Every two or three runs he seems to throw in a really average performance, and I just don’t think he’s a horse you can rely on at the top level. One of Invitation Only or Monalee will run here and to my eye whichever one does would deserve to be favourite ahead of PP. I think those two horses should be favourites for the JLT and RSA come race day, not saying they’ll both win of course but I’d give them a favourites chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
              Ludicrous price 3/1. Was a good performance today given the conditions but any of the market rivals for the RSA you would have expected to have dispatched that field in the same manner. I respect PP, especially back on better ground and at Cheltenham, and imagine Davy will get a right tune out of him. But you can’t back them all and he’s one I’m happy enough to take on. Every two or three runs he seems to throw in a really average performance, and I just don’t think he’s a horse you can rely on at the top level. One of Invitation Only or Monalee will run here and to my eye whichever one does would deserve to be favourite ahead of PP. I think those two horses should be favourites for the JLT and RSA come race day, not saying they’ll both win of course but I’d give them a favourites chance
              Awful price. He's not got any form at all. What happened behind jury duty shattered love? They've gone on to graded races. And presenting percy won a 3m4 handicap. And a hurdle beating Augusta Kate on heavy ground without a penalty.
              And all of a sudden he's a world beater in a grade 1 3m chase.

I like that hes fav though. Along with the 2nd fav who's done very little. Makes the market.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 25 January 2018, 06:04 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Awful price. He's not got any form at all. What happened behind jury duty shattered love? They've gone on to graded races. And presenting percy won a 3m4 handicap. And a hurdle beating Augusta Kate on heavy ground without a penalty.

I like that hes fav though. Along with the 2nd fav who's done very little. Makes the market.
                The market seems to be made by definite targets at the moment, so there’s value about. PP and FW we know line up here, but Invitation Only, Monalee and Yanworth all have better form/potential over this trip for me

Comment

Do you think Shattered Love goes for this?

I had a nibble today for this race on the exchanges.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Do you think Shattered Love goes for this?

I had a nibble today for this race on the exchanges.
                    No idea tbh. I think she might want it on the softer side against the very top company.

Comment

The market seems to be made by definite targets at the moment, so there’s value about. PP and FW we know line up here, but Invitation Only, Monalee and Yanworth all have better form/potential over this trip for me
                      I can't see yanworth not running in this. I'd be a little shocked if they chose to go down the stayers route.

Comment

I can't see yanworth not running in this. I'd be a little shocked if they chose to go down the stayers route.
                        Same here, think he’s an out and out stayer and the kind of hardy type you need for this. He’s closely matched with Supasundae for the stayers, and there are far more unexposed types lurking in that race now

Comment

Same here, think he’s an out and out stayer and the kind of hardy type you need for this. He’s closely matched with Supasundae for the stayers, and there are far more unexposed types lurking in that race now
                          Would have expected to have seen Yanworth in the cleeve if hurdles were the way they were going. Reynoldstown on Feb 17 the likely race as an RSA prep

Comment

Would have expected to have seen Yanworth in the cleeve if hurdles were the way they were going. Reynoldstown on Feb 17 the likely race as an RSA prep

Goes straight to Cheltenham

Comment

Goes straight to Cheltenham
                              Must have been looking at an old quote from King after the dipper. Happy enough with that, goes well fresh. Only way I can see Yanworth going stayers is if Sutton Place goes for this, but think Sutton Place will only run if soft ground, and in any case he’ll most likely be JLT bound

Comment

• I am on Fountains Windfall at 20/1. Was really happy with this, but am slowly thinking this is all about PP

Comment

Working...
                                X